New Bon Voyage Breakfast character dining coming to Trattoria al Forno

JohnD

And that's where the disconnect is. Disney is not going to keep an empty restaurant open for breakfast if people aren't eating in enough numbers to keep it open. So rather than just close it completely for breakfast, they offer a different solution. Obviously not the one that some here want, but again, it sounds like they may be having a quiet area for those few people that still want breakfast, but don't want the characters. Time will tell. And Captain's Grille is a better breakfast anyway.

I know someone who can't wait to schedule a breakfast there. Flynn Rider is her favorite character. What is one person's dislike is someone else's like.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
I know someone who can't wait to schedule a breakfast there. Flynn Rider is her favorite character. What is one person's dislike is someone else's like.
Exactly. I personally have no problems with this, but some will love it, and some won't. Nature of the beast.

ToTBellHop

Exactly. I personally have no problems with this, but some will love it, and some won't. Nature of the beast.
I don't get it either. You have a similar offering five minutes away. This is a novel offering. It's not like they're putting in another $45 Mickey breakfast.

I'm sure I'm just a rube, but the food sounds good, too. Clever menu.

Last edited:

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
I don't get it either. You have a similar offering five minutes away. This is a novel offering. It's not like they're putting in another $45 Mickey breakfast.
I agree with you, but people gotta complain about everything Disney does that doesn't fit in with what they want to happen. We have to remember that it is all about them nowadays.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
... or changes the way they've done things over multiple visits. Remember when Disney was all about nostalgia instead of $$$? I do.
Been going there for close to 40 years. It has NEVER been JUST about nostalgia, except for those that want it to be a museum. I don't want that. I don't agree with everything they've done, but despite the comments around here, it isn't all about the $$$ either.

Bocabear

Well between the Boardwalk and the Yacht Club is Fresh Mediterranean Market at the Dolphin...which blows any of the Disney restaurant breakfasts out of the water... Nice room, beautiful food and less expensive...and fresher. I like the convenience of eating at the hotel I am staying at, but if I have to leave to get breakfast I will just go to the Dolphin for a better meal. Problem solved for me.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Well between the Boardwalk and the Yacht Club is Fresh Mediterranean Market at the Dolphin...which blows any of the Disney restaurant breakfasts out of the water... Nice room, beautiful food and less expensive...and fresher. I like the convenience of eating at the hotel I am staying at, but if I have to leave to get breakfast I will just go to the Dolphin for a better meal. Problem solved for me.
For me, since you have to go outside anyway, it really isn't a big deal to walk to the Dolphin or Yacht Club for breakfast. There are very few places where you can stay completely inside for a TS breakfast.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
If it's just two M&G couples at the breakfast... then just how noisy and hectic can it get? It's not like the Mad Hatter, Genie, and Peter Pan will be there.

Now, getting a reservation may be a problem, but, I don't thing hecticness will be a problem.

Does BoardWalk do breakfast room service? And to DVCers?

Biff215

If it's just two M&G couples at the breakfast... then just how noisy and hectic can it get? It's not like the Mad Hatter, Genie, and Peter Pan will be there.

Now, getting a reservation may be a problem, but, I don't thing hecticness will be a problem.

I don't think it's just about being hectic, but also that there are those who don't want a character meal. My kids are 4 and 8, and we've even started to avoid them for a couple of reasons. First is the food options. Even when it's not a buffet like this one, the options are fairly limited. Second is certainly the cost, as the fixed price is rarely equal to the food quantity and quality, especially for the kids. I suppose those on the DDP may feel differently which is fair enough.

It's clear that Disney wants this location to generate more revenue which a fixed price character meal almost certainly will, and it's their right to do that. But I agree with others who would like an option within their resort to have an a la carte table service breakfast before heading out. I love Captain's Grille, but hiking across the lake isn't practical for everyone. Probably the same reason I haven't hit Trattoria for breakfast even though we are right at BCV. As others have said, there are other underutilized dining options at BW where this could still happen, but I wouldn't hold my breath for that or a "quiet corner" at Trattoria.

Yes, Disney is a business, but sometimes it shouldn't only be amount profits. This is a net loss for many loyal guests of a deluxe/DVC resort with no equivalent replacement. I wouldn't blame them for staying elsewhere, just like I won't blame those who enjoy the new offering and take advantage of it. Just a shame both needs won't be met IMO.

Joe

I'm only visiting this planet.
Premium Member
As if parking at the Boardwalk isn't tight enough, now you're gonna have people driving over with a dining reservation.

Joe

I'm only visiting this planet.
Premium Member

It's not so much about the characters, it's the double increase in price for breakfast.

freediverdude

remember when cinderella's royal table was a really nice restaurant without the characters?
remember when akershus was a really nice lunch and dinner buffet without characters and actually was about Norway?
remember when Port Orleans and Dixie Landings (heck remember when it was called dixie landings lol?) both served a really good breakfast in a sit down restaurant?
and the list goes on those are just a couple examples, and now here, another good location being turned into a zoo for more money.

Remember when the moderate resorts had lounges? One even had a piano player. And real marinas with water sport rentals.

Bocabear

But do we really want WDW to be all about nostalgia? I certainly don't. Constant change is needed to keep people interested.
Actually it is not... Nostalgia is HUGE and there were tons of things the resort used to have that it no longer does... They have actually over time trimmed down the amount of offerings while raising the prices...but we did get a third track for Toy Story Mania to keep it new and fresh...lol New doesn't always mean good.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom