New Be Our Guest lunch line procedure (Test?)

mm52200

Original Poster
Hi everyone! First post, thought I'd weigh in with my experience here :)
My family and I were in MK on Monday (8/4). We got there around 11 and hiked back to Be Our Guest for lunch. We had already used Fastpass+ for lunch once on our trip and wanted to eat there again, so we were just going to stand in line. We had no idea about the cards until we got back there. We were given a return card to come back between 1:55-2:10, which was 2 1/2 hours away from the time we were handed the card. To say that it was inconvenient would be a huge understatement. We really had our hearts set on eating there, so we decided to just wait it out. We actually ended up sharing a chicken tender meal at Columbia Harbor House while we waited because we were starving (didn't eat breakfast!). When we came back for our return time, the place was swamped with CMs blocking everyone out, since they weren't giving out cards anymore. Honestly, you could tell there were a lot of upset people, and CMs were trying to explain as best they could. When we got into the restaurant, ordering was a quick process and things went pretty smoothly from there (except for trying to find a table). When we exited the restaurant, I was approached by a CM and was asked if I wanted to participate in a survey about my experience. I agreed, and she asked me questions for 5-10 minutes about what I liked and disliked about the return times, if I recommended they continue with this system, etc. She also took my email and I got another survey about Be Our Guest two days later in my email. I know that one survey probably doesn't make much of a different in the grand scheme of things, but at least they're trying to get some feedback on this. However, even if they get criticism on this (which I wasn't shy about sharing my criticism), it probably won't stop them from continuing on with this system. :rolleyes:
Wow and I thought we got a late return time. I'm glad you were asked to do a survey. I would have loved to share my opinion in a more official manner than talking to a manager while waiting in line. Will probably end up sending a letter.

Stevek

I, too, am frustrated with Be Our Guest and, specifically, the FastPass+ system.

A few weeks ago, we received an e-mail, from Disney Destinations, offering FastPass+ times. Much to my surprise, the available days were for the week before we arrived! I could not understand why we would not be offered days and times during the week of our trip. How is this helpful?

I made a few phone calls, but everyone said the e-mails were randomly generated by an online system.
I guess we kinda got lucky. We actually were able to book a reservation via MM+ for lunch the day we were in the park back in March.

Tigger1988

It's relevant insomuch as it relates to guest satisfaction. I don't see a scenario where I would line up at 11am for lunch expecting a 30 minute wait and being told to come back in 1.5 hours would ever make me happy. Free ice cream, on the other hand...
Giving out free ice cream on one day for a photo op is in no way a relevant comparison.

FigmentFreak

I wonder when they will roll this out to the Epcot bars?

I think F&W festival is the next target. If you didn't pay the $199 for the "holding pin where you can wait to have food delivered to you/go to a lame dance party" up charge then you have to get a return ticket to get food at any of the booths. So that way you're freed up to go spend money at other booths after you get return tickets for them.

RayTheFirefly

I think F&W festival is the next target. If you didn't pay the $199 for the "holding pin where you can wait to have food delivered to you/go to a lame dance party" up charge then you have to get a return ticket to get food at any of the booths. So that way you're freed up to go spend money at other booths after you get return tickets for them.
I would ask for a refund for my AP. No lie. :eek:

38053WDW

If you're staying on property and have room reservation number try this .. I never knew it but at 59 days out .. everyday I've tried there are no FP+'s left for lunch for my 8 days there... In other words I'll be running to BOG as soon as I get into the park for my piece of paper .. ( I still try at lest once a day, maybe I'd get lucky w a cancellation) https://beourguestlunch.disney.go.com/Login.aspx

DManRightHere

This is so true. Could you imagine an elderly couple who is not computer literate going to Disney now. Not only would they be in for a shock because of all these MB & FP+ changes but no more GAC either and they would not qualify for DAS. Maybe all Disney advertisements should require a warning label, "Satisfaction Not Guaranteed" (unless you take our two hour course). Talk about a waste of money if you didn't read up on all this.

Generally I disagree, if they keep doing this side fastpass thing for the whole park i will completely agree.

There are still plenty if minimal wait attractions and when I was a kid there was no FP and all rides seemed to be hours long!

Yeah this sounds like a step in the right direction for me. It's keeping people out of lines where they're not having fun/spending money.
In all honesty, it is a step in the right direction WHEN IT COMES TO RESTAURANTS! I am sure BOG will be a much nicer restaurant to visit due to the lack of crowds and if anyone has any sense, they will make an ADR. However, this policy of issuing FP- for popular rides is unacceptable because we expect the wait times for these type rides.

RSoxNo1

This is getting ridiculous. Not only is this happening at attractions, but restaurants as well (and a counter service location at that)?!

I'm having a hard time understanding how anyone can say that this kind of system is a good thing.
Well one of the things that was speculated a while ago was the ability to order your food from your phone at any quick service location and have it ready for you at some point in the future. You can do that through the Be Our Guest Fastpass service that was offered prior to this (it's still offered, but good luck getting availability). That would definitely be a convenience for some.

More specifically, there aren't enough dining options in the Magic Kingdom. It needs one additional large quick service and one additional large table service. If only there were existing facilities in the park that could easily remedy this situation...

omurice

Just in love with these new "GET AWAY FROM HERE AND SPEND SOME MONEY SOMEPLACE ELSE, WHY DON'T YOU?" policies.

Decisions like this keep WDW more CLASSY. It's an all around win-win-win-win. That's count 'em, 4 wins. Way to go, gents! (And lady)
ronthumb.jpg

Attachments

• ronthumb.jpg
    ronthumb.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 46

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom