New atmosphere entertainment being tested at DinoLand U.S.A.

Magenta Panther

If Eisner dumped Beastly Kingdomme for Dinoland, then it was the worst decision he ever made (next to nearly losing Pixar and buying the Muppets). :p

Suspirian

Probably a variation on this:
cosplay-jurassicpark-velociraptor-01.jpg

or
dinosaur_6657-01.gif

you can really sense the sexual tension in that last gif

Bairstow

I understand that the ride was supposed to tie into the movie in terms of the the dinosaurs, but beyond that it really doesn't feel anything like the movie! Yes the carnotaurus is the same style ( actually a bit different in look and scale if you look closely) and yes the raptor looks similar but it's not the same! I'm a huge dinosaur nerd and Dinosaur the ride nerd so I've taken the time to look at many details of the rides dinosaurs ( which are pretty acurately portrayed based on what we know, except the carnotaurus is much bigger then it's supposed to be!

Maybe it's just me but I don't see a really close resemblance to the movie except the dinosaurs they used are the same! It has nothing to do with Aladar or them finding the nesting ground! If the statue of Aladar wasn't outside the ride, I really don't think anyone would make the connection!

That's a bit like saying that "The Seas with Nemo and Friends" has nothing to do with Finding Nemo because the ride isn't about trying to rescue Nemo from a dentist's office.

ctxak98

No
That's a bit like saying that "The Seas with Nemo and Friends" has nothing to do with Finding Nemo because the ride isn't about trying to rescue Nemo from a dentist's office.
not really sorry! Not trying to start arguments but seas with nemo and friends actually revolves around the characters, dinosaur has to do with real dinosaurs from the creteceous period that happen to be in a kids movie! They are not the characters!

FigmentJedi

No

not really sorry! Not trying to start arguments but seas with nemo and friends actually revolves around the characters, dinosaur has to do with real dinosaurs from the creteceous period that happen to be in a kids movie! They are not the characters!
Except Aladar and the Carnotaurus clearly are the characters.

ctxak98

Except Aladar and the Carnotaurus clearly are the characters.
WHAT!? The Carnotaur and the Iguanodon are NOT the characters. They are the same Dinosaur species, but no where in the ride does it name the Iguanodon ALADAR! The only footage of Aladar they use is in the pre-show and post-show. That's like saying the styracosaurus in the beginning of the ride is the old lady styracosaurus (cant remember her name) in the movie. Its not supposed to directly relate to the movie, at all.

TeriofTerror

I realize I'm just a newbie here so I'm a little scared to jump in, but in my humble opinion, the ties between the Dinosaur ride and movie are similar to those between It's Tough to be a Bug and Bug's Life, and for similar reasons. Both were on the radar during park construction and therefore both had synergy potential. Neither are directly linked to the plots of the movies, but both contain familiar characters in parallel roles to their film counterparts.

DisneyGentleman

I realize I'm just a newbie here so I'm a little scared to jump in, but in my humble opinion, the ties between the Dinosaur ride and movie are similar to those between It's Tough to be a Bug and Bug's Life, and for similar reasons. Both were on the radar during park construction and therefore both had synergy potential. Neither are directly linked to the plots of the movies, but both contain familiar characters in parallel roles to their film counterparts.
Except that Dinosaur was originally Countdown to Extinction with no connection to any movie.

FigmentJedi

Except that Dinosaur was originally Countdown to Extinction with no connection to any movie.
Except as we've discussed, the choice of lead dinosaurs and stock footage taken directly from the film from day one links it to Dinosaur.

I got the old CTX Intercot video right here to prove it

What happened was Michael Eisner thought people were too stupid to put two and two together and had it renamed Dinosaur when the film came out in one of the lamest examples of Captain Obvious-tier branding ever.

Bairstow

No stated connection, but the ride has always featured a cast of dinosaurs chosen to parallel the same species as the film, colored in the same way.
Heck, the preshow has always included footage from the film, even before the film came out.
When Dinosaur did come out, the only thing they changed was the signage and the sculpture out front. Nothing in the attraction itself changed because nothing needed to be changed.
Just like "It's Tough to be a Bug" and Pirates of the Caribbean, the attraction was clearly influenced by a desire to make tying it in to a future film as easy as possible.

DisneyGentleman

No stated connection, but the ride has always featured a cast of dinosaurs chosen to parallel the same species as the film, colored in the same way.
Heck, the preshow has always included footage from the film, even before the film came out.
When Dinosaur did come out, the only thing they changed was the signage and the sculpture out front. Nothing in the attraction itself changed because nothing needed to be changed.
Just like "It's Tough to be a Bug" and Pirates of the Caribbean, the attraction was clearly influenced by a desire to make tying it in to a future film as easy as possible.
Wow, so the crap-painted Innoventions predates some wild future movie - coooool!
And I wonder what Disco Yeti portends??

Magenta Panther

Now, now, don't meme the messenger. :D

https://movies.yahoo.com/news/box-office-divergent-tops-while-muppets-flop-215516938.html

http://www.thehdroom.com/news/Diver...uppets-Disappoint-at-Weekend-Box-Office/13947

AND ETC.

You know, you and the other guy needn't act like I'm trying to bait you when I say something like that. Believe me, I have better things to do. I say it because it's the truth. With the latest film a failure, there's plenty of evidence to support my contention and precious little to oppose it. So get over it. After all, it could be a good thing. If the Star Wars purchase turns out to be a similar fumble, maybe Iger and/or his successor will think: "Gee, maybe we'd be better off investing in new characters and ideas, instead of just buying old ones." That would be much more in line with the Disney legacy than turning the company into the Old Played-Out Has-Been Characters Home. Think about it.

ctxak98

Except as we've discussed, the choice of lead dinosaurs and stock footage taken directly from the film from day one links it to Dinosaur.

I got the old CTX Intercot video right here to prove it

What happened was Michael Eisner thought people were too stupid to put two and two together and had it renamed Dinosaur when the film came out in one of the lamest examples of Captain Obvious-tier branding ever.

It still ties in to the movies dinosaurs species and theme, but the characters and plot have no connection. Except for the Aladar statue outside!

Matt_Black

Now, now, don't meme the messenger. :D

https://movies.yahoo.com/news/box-office-divergent-tops-while-muppets-flop-215516938.html

http://www.thehdroom.com/news/Diver...uppets-Disappoint-at-Weekend-Box-Office/13947

AND ETC.

You know, you and the other guy needn't act like I'm trying to bait you when I say something like that. Believe me, I have better things to do. I say it because it's the truth. With the latest film a failure, there's plenty of evidence to support my contention and precious little to oppose it. So get over it. After all, it could be a good thing. If the Star Wars purchase turns out to be a similar fumble, maybe Iger and/or his successor will think: "Gee, maybe we'd be better off investing in new characters and ideas, instead of just buying old ones." That would be much more in line with the Disney legacy than turning the company into the Old Played-Out Has-Been Characters Home. Think about it.

Well, we'll see. 2011's Winnie the Pooh didn't make big money at the box office (of course, part of that is because some genius decided to have it come out the same weekend as Harry Potter), but it apparently did VERY well on the home video market. MMW is a film that also will probably do well once it hits home video.

DisneyGentleman

If the Star Wars purchase turns out to be a similar fumble, maybe Iger and/or his successor will think: "Gee, maybe we'd be better off investing in new characters and ideas, instead of just buying old ones." That would be much more in line with the Disney legacy than turning the company into the Old Played-Out Has-Been Characters Home. Think about it.

This!!!

Outside of Pixar, when is the last time the company had a successful new idea?

The Walt Disney Company

We Beat Dead Horses, Don't We?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom