New AP Question

dig311dug

• Staying at POFQ October 17-28
  • Purchasing AP for the first time closer to those dates (probably the first week of october)
  • The only option is for will call..
Does that mean they don't ship AP magic bands?
Do I need to stop at a park before resort, or will the resort give me a temporary card of some sort?
or does POFQ provide magic bands?

any other info would be... stellarrrrrr

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
You will not get the AP magic band mailed to you or the option to customize until AFTER you activate it so you will not get it for that trip. You will though get bands from your resort stay that you can customize by 30 days before and mailed or you ahead of time. They will give you a hard AP card you can use for all things related to the AP. But you can use your resort magic bands for park entry, FP's, room entry, charging to room etc. Hard card Is only needed for your discounts etc.
Also don't wait to buy your AP being you need it it make FP's and can do so 60 Days out being you have a resort stay. I would buy it at least by your 60 day mark.
But yep the AP band they do not give them out at WDW you have to order them after you activate your pass/first use. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

dig311dug

Original Poster
You will not get the AP magic band mailed to you or the option to customize until AFTER you activate it so you will not get it for that trip. You will though get bands from your resort stay that you can customize by 30 days before and mailed or you ahead of time. They will give you a hard AP card you can use for all thingg related to the AP. But you can use your resort magic bands for park entry, FP's, room entry, charging to room etc. Hard card Ian only needed for your discounts etc.
Also don't wait to buy your AP being you need it it make FP's and can do so 60 Days out being you have a resort stay. I would by it at least by your 60 day mark.
But yep the AP band they do not give them out at WDW you have to order them after you activate your pass/first use. :)
thanks! so much info...

Upvote 0

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
thanks! so much info...

You are so very welcome! ;) ....now if you end up renewing your AP once this one is up as soon as you renew you can order a magic band right away but for the NEW AP you have to wait until after you go and activate it. Almost immediately when you go activate it the magic band will appear in your account to customize like the resort ones appear. You will have it for the next time you go to the parks if you want to use it but it's just a basic sold color magic band just like the resort ones. Only difference it comes in a nice AP box and you get an AP slider you can put on any band. You don't have to use the AP band you can use any band in your MDE account for anything. :)

Upvote 0

Jamie77

You will not get the AP magic band mailed to you or the option to customize until AFTER you activate it so you will not get it for that trip. You will though get bands from your resort stay that you can customize by 30 days before and mailed or you ahead of time. They will give you a hard AP card you can use for all things related to the AP. But you can use your resort magic bands for park entry, FP's, room entry, charging to room etc. Hard card Is only needed for your discounts etc.
Also don't wait to buy your AP being you need it it make FP's and can do so 60 Days out being you have a resort stay. I would buy it at least by your 60 day mark.

Thanks for answering that question. I was wondering why I didn't get that cool Passholder MB box that so many other people were getting. I thought that may have been the case but I didn't know for sure. I guess AP holders don't get that box anymore because of the new, cheaper mailing boxes being sent out?

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom