New Anna/Elsa standby procedure?

Cesar R M

Or how about a system where you pay less to get into the park, but have to pay for tickets to ride the rides. They could price the tickets so that the more popular rides are more expensive. This would be revolutionary! ;)
dont give them ideas please.
I can later imagine having to pay 100 USD to enter the park + 5 USD for a "E ticket" like the Seven Dwarf mine train.

If return passes are physically handed out, versus using a computerized kiosk (original FP system), what prevents a guest from collecting more than one return pass? Would the same CM have to be on pass-hand-out shift the entire time, and have to "remember" each guest that collected a pass as to avoid giving two passes to one guest?
perhaps they use the magicbands to know who got what?

RSoxNo1

Oh hell no.

If guests choose to wait 8 hours for a 30-90 second experience, that's their problem. It's just bad for business if they do.

Bad word of mouth & they're not spending money.
I look at this as similar to some of the veteran contract rules in the NBA, it's a way to protect Disney guests from themselves. The guest chooses to enter the 3-5 hour line, but that same guest isn't particularly satisfied. Even though they should share in the blame (They chose to get in the line), their review on the day would be less favorable than someone who didn't wait in the line.

PhotoDave219

I look at this as similar to some of the veteran contract rules in the NBA, it's a way to protect Disney guests from themselves. The guest chooses to enter the 3-5 hour line, but that same guest isn't particularly satisfied. Even though they should share in the blame (They chose to get in the line), their review on the day would be less favorable than someone who didn't wait in the line.

So we give them pieces of paper Rather than making them run laps?!

10Magic

They already do
Did not know that. Thanks. Well then I'm all out of ideas. I don't see the harm in having a similar duplicate meet and greet in Epcot, DHS, or even Animal Kingdom. We used to see multiple Santa Claus's when I was a kid, and half the people I know would tell you I turned out OK.

habuma

Deep down I have a fear that someone is pointing at this whole situation and saying "See! I told you it was a good idea to remove Snow White's Scary Adventures!"

DisneyDreamer08

All this FP+ stuff gives me a headache. I know I need to stay up to date, but I'm also trying to keep in mind that it will probably change again before our trip in November. My daughter will be 4 and my biggest fear is that after I put in hours of research, planning, and booking of FP+, she wakes up every morning and changes her mind about what we should be doing that day :) Thankfully she isn't as Frozen crazy as everyone else but she will probably want to meet them at some point during our trip. It shouldn't be this hard, or stressful.

BigTxEars

I've said it before and I'll say it again, one line for grown-ups with little kids who believe and one line for the grown-ups who know they are meeting dressed up grown-ups. (Actually I'd do away with the solely grown-ups line but I don't want to get totally flamed :) )

Honestly I can't believe many would favor trying to deter adult guest from doing whatever they like at WDW, kids or not in tow. No doubt the M&G characters are just people in costume, but then PoTC is just fake boats floating thru a bunch of set pieces, HM is just a tacked vehicle going thru a bunch of set pieces, Space Mountain does not really leave Earth, that is not really Ariel on stage at the Little Mermaid show, pretty sure the real Headless Horseman does not lead off the NSSHP parade. Heck I am starting to question rather Mickey is even real......:eek:

The entire WDW experience is based on suspended belief and make believe, why is that any different when it comes to M&Gs? :)

I have no ideal how this new system will work longterm, but kudos to Disney for trying something new to make guest happy. They had a captive audience with the Frozen M&G, they did not have to do anything if they chose not too. Hope it help more guest get the magic of meeting the Frozen gals :)

Nemo14

All this FP+ stuff gives me a headache. I know I need to stay up to date, but I'm also trying to keep in mind that it will probably change again before our trip in November. My daughter will be 4 and my biggest fear is that after I put in hours of research, planning, and booking of FP+, she wakes up every morning and changes her mind about what we should be doing that day :) Thankfully she isn't as Frozen crazy as everyone else but she will probably want to meet them at some point during our trip. It shouldn't be this hard, or stressful.
Obviously you're doing something wrong...;)

RSoxNo1

True, but if fps were gone, then you still had the option of waiting in the standby line if it was that important to you. Now, it is literally impossible for anyone else to meet A&E at all today.
What this accomplishes is it stops them from having a long line that they have to cut off. It likely saves them on operations because they won't have to staff it as long. Additionally, it probably increased demand because people can now get a return time for 30 minutes or less instead of waiting 3-5 hours. No doubt the 3-5 hour wait deterred many people.

A better solution would be putting them in more spaces. The Animation area in DHS very well could be set up with several rooms for whatever popular characters they want for meet and greets. If that building is going to stay, I'd like to see it setup with multiple rooms that can be consistently re-themed. Right now they have it set up with a few different areas with characters out in the open, but nothing that can accommodate 3 or 4 rooms for a single character or duo.
It's also an air conditioned area, which is an additional benefit.

MikeyK72

What this accomplishes is it stops them from having a long line that they have to cut off. It likely saves them on operations because they won't have to staff it as long. Additionally, it probably increased demand because people can now get a return time for 30 minutes or less instead of waiting 3-5 hours. No doubt the 3-5 hour wait deterred many people.

A better solution would be putting them in more spaces. The Animation area in DHS very well could be set up with several rooms for whatever popular characters they want for meet and greets. If that building is going to stay, I'd like to see it setup with multiple rooms that can be consistently re-themed. Right now they have it set up with a few different areas with characters out in the open, but nothing that can accommodate 3 or 4 rooms for a single character or duo.
It's also an air conditioned area, which is an additional benefit.

I agree, at least one other A&E meet and greet in a different park would be the obvious solution. Interesting that you suggested DHS as the park...it guess it could work there...if only DHS had other Frozen stuff to tie it all together....

I agree with your logic and decision making process on whether to wait or not, but I think this is a special situation that they had to address, but I don't necessarily agree that this is a "take away". Waiting in line for 3-5 hours isn't good for the guest or Disney. This is a workable solution for the problem. I don't think it's the "best solution", but it works for now. Perhaps given a little time they can integrate it with MDE, which may help make the process a little smoother.
I too think this will be helpful for the people who get a ticket. But I don't like the idea of there being something in the park that you are not allowed to ride if you want. Especially because the article said they are going to try this with Soarin. I understand that the old FP ran out, and that FP+ run out. But you always had the choice of well I will stand in the line for 1, 2, or 3 hours because I really want to ride this.

Frozen is new and they have a problem that may not exist in a year as some people tire of it. So I could understand it being a "temporary" fix. But Soarin is NOT new, and is a problem because there isn't much else to ride in that park. Since they are testing it for that ride, I could envision them testing it for other rides. And that is a huge, huge problem for me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom