New Addition's To Disney's Animal Kingdom

jt04

Ahhem, Dinoland is a trashy trailer park tangent ...

No doubt. One of the last of a the Eisner era mistakes that remains. I am very confident in the rumor it is likely to be reimagined.

Jungle Book is the next logical IP for DAK. Not sure which direction they would go for Dinorama however.

FigmentJedi

Ahhem, Dinoland is a trashy trailer park tangent ...
It's a failed attempt at doing a Roadside Dinosaur Attraction in a park that's normally dedicated to authenticity. Dino Parks are lumpy woodsy walkthrough/drive thru prehistory based Jungle Cruises, not carnival rides. The former would lend itself well to a family dark ride, the latter not so much

huwar18

Don't quote me regarding a coaster. I have no info regarding that specific. Just that the Dinoland area is one of two areas being looked at for possible future development.

Until then this thread would be better served in general discussion until - if and when - more specifics are forthcoming. Until then I wouldn't class it as rumour per se, let alone news.

Not trying to get anyone's hopes up.

Can you say what the other area might be? It is crazy to think they would add more to Animal Kingdom when they just finished Pandora. That is a good thing if true!

Minnie Mum

These supposed, theoretical, hypothetical, new AK attractions are waaay too far in the future to start speculating on. First they have to open Pandora, build and open Toy Story land, build and open Star Wars land, and do a massive revamp of Epcot. THEN they can turn their attention back to AK. I don't think Disney does a good job when they've got too many projects going at once.

Peter Pano

At least it is good to know that they seem to be aware of the great mistake that was Dinorama. It's loud and cheap parody style will always be a thorn in AK's side, a park that is all about sensibility, awareness and authenticity.

Of course, replacing it with an IP driven project bears the risk of repeating that mistake, just less blatantly.

No Name

No way.
Zootopia does not fit DAK anymore than bugs bunny. Future World would be the only logical location. IMO.

For all the beef you get, you seem to be one of the few who understand that Zootopia doesn't fit in DAK.

It's not a movie about animals or nature or conservation. It's a movie about people and social issues. It simply uses anthropomorphic animals in place of humans.

I don't know that I'd say Future World is the best place, though I've long wanted a pavilion about social issues. But that would certainly be a more appropriate location than Animal Kingdom.

Kman101

I don't think Zootopia fits Future World either. I could see it replacing Rafiki's and you take the train into the world of Zootopia. I don't love it in AK but I can't see it anywhere else IMHO.

MayorLionheart

Would really like to see Dinoland turn into South America, or even 'The Americas'. It would be the best fit to flow with the park. It could be three mini-lands: A North America dinosaur-area which would include a theme update to Dinosaur and Restaurantsaurus, a Brazil-like 'pavilion' in lieu of Epcot with a full-service Brazillian steakhouse, and a Paradise Falls (Up IP) area with meet and greets, a ride and trails.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom