New Addition's To Disney's Animal Kingdom

EricsBiscuit

Mystic Manor does not fit DAK!!!! Adventureland maybe, but DAK is about conservation of wildlife, not a collector. Maybe use the same ride system for something, but not Mystic Manor in DAK. Name one way in which MM has something to do with conservation. One! Oh wait, there's a flippin monkey!

On a serious note, that idea is bananas.

Bocabear

Mystic Manor does not fit DAK!!!! Adventureland maybe, but DAK is about conservation of wildlife, not a collector. Maybe use the same ride system for something, but not Mystic Manor in DAK. Name one way in which MM has something to do with conservation. One! Oh wait, there's a flippin monkey!

On a serious note, that idea is bananas.
Beacause Chester and Hester have so much to do with Conservation?
Because Expedition Everest is all about conservation?
There are ways to tie MM into the park...everything in the park does not need to be a preachy conservation-message driven attraction...
What about Lord Henry Mystic's Menagerie of unusual animals from around the world...just outside his home on the edge of the jungle...that houses his collection of amazing objects from his travels.. It could work... better than a route 66 carnival in a parking lot.

999th Happy Haunt

Because Expedition Everest is all about conservation?
Everest actually is, in a sense, about conservation. The railroad company is trying to take over and claim the yeti's land, and we see the negative affects of it. Joe Rohde mentions something like that in the documentary that aired when the ride opened.

As for Chester and Hester - I got nothing.

Jones14

I'd want them to stay away from trackless, to be honest. With Mickey, Rat, and Star Wars on the way, I'd be much happier with something different to follow those up, especially if it's not going to be an E-ticket. It's going to be interesting to see how smaller scale attractions are done in the future. There seems to be a push (at both Disney and Uni) to make the ride systems less obvious or at least part of the story, so I wonder if we'll see a move away from busbar-driven rides.

PorterRedkey

Everest actually is, in a sense, about conservation. The railroad company is trying to take over and claim the yeti's land, and we see the negative affects of it. Joe Rohde mentions something like that in the documentary that aired when the ride opened.

As for Chester and Hester - I got nothing.
Chester and Hester is a warning for corporate greed and what it can do to the landscape. Two guys come in to profit on the Dinosaur bone site. This leads to tacky carnival games on an old parking lot. Beware!

seascape

Conservation? BLAH BLAH BLAH! I'm on vacation at a THEME PARK!
True, it's not like any of us are wasting energy traveling to Orlando, taking transportation to the parks, using lots of water, and having the Air Conditioning set high. No we never waste and are all conservationists. Just think how much water Disney uses between the resort pools, water parks, extra long and hot showers.

KrazyKat

True, it's not like any of us are wasting energy traveling to Orlando, taking transportation to the parks, using lots of water, and having the Air Conditioning set high. No we never waste and are all conservationists. Just think how much water Disney uses between the resort pools, water parks, extra long and hot showers.
tenor.gif

Haymarket2008

Whatever the plan is for Dinoland, I just hope it stays Dinoland. A new rollercoaster like The Excavator would be a good addition and if they change dinorama to a fossil dig site area with some themed flat rides for kids that could be really cool.

I agree. Prehistory is an important facet of Animal Kingdom. I'd want them to go all in on that.

DDLand

I agree. Prehistory is an important facet of Animal Kingdom. I'd want them to go all in on that.
Indeed, the Animals we bring to life with our creativity and scientific understanding are just as an important part of the park as any. Joe Rohde still seems interested in Dinosaurs and has even said as recently as April that he wanted to come around and fix the inconsistencies in Dinosaur.

Feathers anyone?

Finishing the park with a fossil dig area and a total upgrade of Dinosaur would be great ways to enhance Dinoland. Several new rides and a true 21st century experience. While I don't find Dino-Roma horribly offensive -it has a certain charm to it- I think realizing the grand vision nearly 20 years into its life is finally due.

Edit: @Dinoman96, here is the Instagram post:

Last edited:

Dinoman96

Indeed, the Animals we bring to life with our creativity and scientific understanding are just as an important part of the park as any. Joe Rohde still seems interested in Dinosaurs and has even said as recently as April that he wanted to come around and fix the inconsistencies in Dinosaur.

Huh, really? Do you have a link to that interview?

I wouldn't be surprised if he wanted to overhaul it, considering DINOSAUR already received a fairly big refurbishment sometime ago. They even went as far to replace the nonfunctional compsognathus puppets with screens/projections, so it's still probably on their mind.

For the most part, I like DINOSAUR the way it is, so I hope they wouldn't change it too much. Adding in some more foliage and Dinosaur AA(s) would be welcome.

I've always enjoyed Dinoland for what it is, a slightly strange experience for all ages in the middle of WDW's best themed park. Dinoland is a neat concept in thought, and I think its appeal to young ones is a testament to what the land can be. I distinctly remember digging through the sand for fossils when I was younger, and I think thatd be a great attraction to keep if Dinoland goes through some changes. I've also always enjoyed Dinosaur as a thrill ride, but I think Dinoland could use some other high caliber attraction to cement its place in the park, such as a coaster or Kilaminjaro Safari with Dinosaurs.

Timothy_Q

I've always enjoyed Dinoland for what it is, a slightly strange experience for all ages in the middle of WDW's best themed park. Dinoland is a neat concept in thought, and I think its appeal to young ones is a testament to what the land can be. I distinctly remember digging through the sand for fossils when I was younger, and I think thatd be a great attraction to keep if Dinoland goes through some changes. I've also always enjoyed Dinosaur as a thrill ride, but I think Dinoland could use some other high caliber attraction to cement its place in the park, such as a coaster or Kilaminjaro Safari with Dinosaurs.

I don't think people are complaining about Dinoland as a whole, but specifically about Dinorama

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom