Netflix - Iron Fist

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Original Poster
image.jpeg
http://www.ew.com/article/2016/02/25/finn-jones-iron-fist

Finn Jones from Game of Thrones has been cast as Iron Fist.

In the comics, Iron Fist is Daniel Rand, who at age of 9 travels with his family from New York to a lost mystical city called K’un-L’un. After some tragic twists of fate, Rand is adopted by the city’s ruler and taught advanced martial arts and the mystical power of the Iron Fist. As an adult, Rand returns to his native New York and begins a career as a superhero.

Scott Buck (Dexter) will be the show runner.

doctornick

I honestly don't understand the release schedule for the Netflix Marvel shows. They seem to be doing only 2 series a year, which seems ridiculously little given the number of planned seasons, I wish they would bump it up to 3-4 a year so we could see Iron Fist and The Defenders sooner and not wait until 2019 or whatever to get the rumored Punisher series.

Flippin'Flounder

I honestly don't understand the release schedule for the Netflix Marvel shows. They seem to be doing only 2 series a year, which seems ridiculously little given the number of planned seasons, I wish they would bump it up to 3-4 a year so we could see Iron Fist and The Defenders sooner and not wait until 2019 or whatever to get the rumored Punisher series.
I think we'll se Punisher in 2017. We can have Luke Cage in August, Iron Fist in January, Defenders in June, and Punisher in November.

doctornick

I think we'll se Punisher in 2017. We can have Luke Cage in August, Iron Fist in January, Defenders in June, and Punisher in November.

They've only been doing 2 a year, no? Also, there is Jessica Jones season 2 which is already in development and who knows if either Luke Cake or Iron Fist will get a second season (or Daredevil a third).

It just seems like such a long time for them to release these announced series. I mean the deal with Marvel was announced in Nov 2013 -- I kind thought we'd see all the individuals followed by The Defenders within 2-3 years of that.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Original Poster
http://www.ew.com/article/2016/03/14/marvel-finn-jones-iron-fist

“Danny Rand is a very complicated character,” said executive producer and showrunner Scott Buck. “He’s a billionaire New York Buddhist monk martial arts superhero who’s still trying to figure out what exactly that all means. Finn is able to play all these levels in such an honest, revelatory way that as soon as I saw him I knew he was our Danny.”

Added Marvel TV head Jeph Loeb: “Finn wonderfully blends confidence with vulnerability, making him the perfect choice as he struggles to find his place in the world. Now that we’ve found our Danny Rand, we’ve completed our principal cast for the upcoming Defenders on Netflix and we are thrilled to continue to show audiences unexplored corners of the Marvel Universe.”

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Original Poster
More casting --

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/04/18/iron-fist-jessica-stroup-tom-pelphrey

jgkdlasffsfs_0.jpg

90120 actress Jessica Stroup has been cast as Joy Meachum in the Netflix series, and Tom Pelphrey of Banshee and Guiding Light has been cast as her brother, Ward Meachum.

In the series, Joy and Ward are the children of Harold Meachum (David Wenham), a business partner of Danny’s parents at the time of their deaths. (In the original comics, Ward is Harold’s brother and Joy’s uncle.)

Princess Leia

New trailer for the show.

It's definitely going to get compared to Arrow. I'm just hoping that it doesn't repeat the mistakes of that show and Daredevil S2.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom