Neil Patrick Harris to host World of Color

GiveMeTheMusic

Travel Junkie

From the OC Register: “As host, Harris will be prominently featured in the World of Color video presentation, Disney told the Register.”

Also quoting the Register “Disney did not provide more details about the show, only that it'll have live-action footage of Walt Disney on the water screens and a new soundtrack.

Wiseman said the show explores “the beginning of the company, all the way to where we are now and into the future.”

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/world-652075-color-disney.html

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
From the comments section -

"Neil will be prominently featured in video footage as part of the show, beginning May 22 and continuing with every performance of “World of Color – Celebrate!” during the Disneyland Resort Diamond Celebration."

mousehockey37

Not to get TOO off topic, but Julie Andrews looked spectacular last night at the Oscars!!

To piggyback off that comment.. When are we going to get Lady Gaga as one of the singing voices for a princess?

I don't understand the whole NPH thing either. I'd rather have Sheldon from Big Bang Theory... (hey Disney, there's an idea for FutureWorld... a Big Bang Theory spin!!! But alas, ABC doesn't have BBT).

Sage of Time

Feh. Odd choice. I'd want someone with more of a tie to the company. Yes, he's a big fan. So am I. You don't see me thinking I should narrate a Disney show, do you?

Last comment meant with some degree of seriousness, some degree of tongue in cheek-ness. ;)

Content for the show sounds awesome, though.

loveglobe

I'd rather have Sheldon from Big Bang Theory... (hey Disney, there's an idea for FutureWorld... a Big Bang Theory spin!!! But alas, ABC doesn't have BBT).

Here's the strange thing though, BBT had an episode where Sheldon and Penny went to Disneyland and they both came back wearing Disney swag (ears, jacket), so even though CBS isn't owned by Disney they sure didn't mind doing the product placement. So maybe there's hope yet :D!

Regarding NPH, Doogie was on ABC so he technically is a Disney legend though granted not as formidable as Julie Andrews. He's already hosted the Candlelight Processional so it's a reasonable leap for him to make to WOC, and I'm sure his kids are thrilled he's involved in something at Disneyland again.

JediMasterMatt

Also quoting the Register “Disney did not provide more details about the show, only that it'll have live-action footage of Walt Disney on the water screens and a new soundtrack.

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/world-652075-color-disney.html

If the Sherman Brother's World of Color intro (and exit) isn't part of this, I will be one sad panda.

My dream is that the show opens and closes with the same format at 1.0 and they serve as bookends while the content in the middle gets changed periodically.

Sage of Time

If the Sherman Brother's World of Color intro (and exit) isn't part of this, I will be one sad panda.

My dream is that the show opens and closes with the same format at 1.0 and they serve as bookends while the content in the middle gets changed periodically.
I think that's a valid thing to expect... even the Christmas version has a WoC opening. No reason for a show about Disney history not to use the classic music. I mean, the show is still entitled WORLD OF COLOR.

dweezil78

Meh. Don't really understand the fascination with Doogie Howser. Wish they would use a real Disney legend, like Julie Andrews for the 50th. I rode on her Carousel horse last night.

<- negative Nancy

NPH is one of us. Huge huge DL / theme park nerd. I think it's great he's hosting. Look how the guy gushes about the parks in this interview he did last week for the Oscars: http://www.vanityfair.com/culture/2015/02/neil-patrick-harris-oscars-2015-proust-questionnaire

Half of his answers are about Disneyland!

Sure, he's no Julie Andrews... but his heart is definitely in it.

Also he's already the voice of California Screamin', so might as well. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom