Need your help TONIGHT - vote for my youth group's video to help them go on their mission trip

prberk

Original Poster
Hey, I have a big, but simple favor to ask for you guys, and we have until midnight tonight.

I lead a small youth group at a church here, and we are trying to make enough money to send 11 kids on their mission trip this summer, even though some can't rub two dimes together. Their "trip" is actually only about an hour away, and it will be to fix homes for the elderly in Fluvanna, Virginia.

Anyway, a local credit union has hosted a video contest, and the contest ends tonight. They are giving $2000 to six churches for their mission trips (two each for each size group).

We were not able to get our video completed and loaded until last night. Part (but not all) of the judging comes from the number of votes. We are still around last place, so we need your help.

It is through Facebook. All you have to do is vote for our video (Chesterfield Comm Church) on the page with all of the videos.

Here is a direct link to our video: http://woobox.com/useq2y/vote/for/7389899

(You may have to "like" the bank's page first, to get the video; then close the video and click "vote" where you see it on the main page in the back -- you may want to watch it also!)

Anyway, I appreciate any help you can be. My youth group reaches a lot of "at-risk" kids who will benefit from the trip. Some of you helped me last year, and I appreciate your help again!!

Thanks,
Paul

P.S.: We are going through Impact Virginia for the trip itself, in case you want to know what you would be helping us to do (www.bgav.org/impact).

prberk

Original Poster
Hey everyone, I just want to let you all know that the credit union called, and we won for our size group!!! They will be bringing a check soon for $2000, to present to us during our morning worship service.

We are a small church, and fortunately they had tiered winning this time around. We won in the small group category. Thanks for your help!

Nemo14

Hey everyone, I just want to let you all know that the credit union called, and we won for our size group!!! They will be bringing a check soon for $2000, to present to us during our morning worship service.

We are a small church, and fortunately they had tiered winning this time around. We won in the small group category. Thanks for your help!
That's awesome, Paul. Congratulations and God bless you!

MinnieM123

Premium Member

I'm glad you shared your wonderful news with us. Your group must be ecstatic! :happy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom