1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

need places to watch fireworks outside park

Discussion in 'WDW Secrets' started by gleepglop, Jun 27, 2005.

1. gleepglop

gleepglop New Member

could anyone tell me some great places to see fireworks outside the park we want to avoid crowds and be on our way out.. either epcot or magic kingdom fireworks show.... please help i am sure someone knows some great spots. thanks
  2. Robfasto

Robfasto New Member

2 of the best spots I know for the Magic Kingdom:

4th Floor of the Contemporary Resort at the Fireworks viewing area on the North end of the resort, very nice and has the music playing also.

Beach at the Polynesian Resort, although it doesn't have the music I personally like it better as the view across Seven Seas Lagoon is better than at the Contemporary (4th Floor).
  3. gleepglop

gleepglop New Member

do i need to make reservations... ???
  4. macopia

macopia New Member

For Wishes: In front of the ferryboat dock at the TTC. You have a clear view across the lagoon and the music plays there as well.
  5. Woody13

Woody13 New Member

Invero's residence.
  6. malcolm347

malcolm347 Active Member

Fireworks !

Oh my gosh, a window seat in the california grill at top of contemporary is the ultimate !!!!
  7. JROK

JROK New Member

Grand Floridian isn't too bad either by their little arcade/cafe deal... but no music... lots of ducks though...
  8. DisneyGrl85

DisneyGrl85 New Member

This is a great place. I found out about it just this last December. You can hear the music and get a great shot of the fireworks. It's really neat.
    Can you go on the observation deck of the Contemporary at night as well? I don't think they would want us interupting din din at California Grill. HeHe
  9. redwingchik

redwingchik New Member

I've watched Wishes several times from the docks/beach at Fort Wilderness. There are usually quite a few happy campers, and you can hear the music faintly across the lake.
  10. Robfasto

Robfasto New Member

Not unless you are eatting there...
  11. bertcampbell1

bertcampbell1 New Member

MK Fireworks

The Grand Floridain is a wonderful place to go.We take the monorail,then
    proceed to the hotel pool down the right side. Once your past the pool we
    go between the two hotel buildings and head for the lake and take a seat.

bertcampbell1
  12. artdude323

artdude323 New Member

If your real objective is to just miss the crowds and not as a money saving choice, you can rent the Grand One Private Yacht for the fireworks.

You'll get a cruise on Bay Lake for up to 12 people, and can order any of the resort foods - deserts, full dinner, wine cheese and fruit, and you'll cruise around the Bay on 2 decks and a stateroom for as long as you've rented the Yacht.

At time for Wishes, the Yacht floats in the lake, front and center at the Magic Kingdom, far enough out for you to see all of the fireworks from both sides of the park. It's truly something everyone should do once, you don't realize how much of the show you miss by being closer.

Anyway, the music is piped onto the speaker system of the Yacht, and once the show ends, you redock at the Contemporary marina and you've had an incredible experience and missed the crowds. I'm not sure what the exact cost is, but if you did it with 12 people for 3 hours, it would probably run about $50 - 75 each for the evening, with very nice food.
  13. pocahontas79

pocahontas79 Member

My perfect spot for Wishes is down by the dock at Grand Floridian by Narcosses. When Wishes starts, Narcosses plays the music. So you can go right up to the railing at the restaurant or stand in hearing distance and enjoy the fireworks with little crowds!
  14. WDWPrnces02

WDWPrnces02 New Member

Well for illuminations go to the Boardwalk bridge......or if you stay at the boardwalk or beach club (the top floor)....... :zipit: :zipit: ...but ya diddnt hear it from me... :lol:
  15. daguru

daguru Member

I know, I'm digging an old thread up, but at least I used the search function.

I tought I saw some where that the observation deck at the Contemporary (concorse level) was closed or being referbed. Is this correct or is this still open at night for Wishes?

Got some family coming in this weekend and I was thinking of taking them to see Wishes.

Thanks!
  16. Badger Brent

Badger Brent Active Member

Sunset point at the Polynesian is a pretty cool spot. Bring a towel or blanket to sit on the grass. We did this at least three times on our extended stay one time. No music, but unobstructed view of fireworks. It's located near the TTC dock.
  17. JimboJones123

JimboJones123 Well-Known Member

the beach at carribian beach -- they pump through the music.
  18. mpaul32001

mpaul32001 Well-Known Member

We used to sneak up into the California Grill in the elevator and watched it from the deck on the roof. Obviously now you can't do that without a reservation, but otherwise... I say on the beach at Fort Wilderness
  19. bsummer

bsummer New Member

$400.00 for one hour and no food!
  20. SpenceMan01

SpenceMan01 Well-Known Member

Is that for Illuminations? Don't think you can see wishes from there! :lol: