Need help

TXDisney

Original Poster
So I've used the MDE app for my last few trips and haven't had any issues. But I think I'm about to run into my 1st one. We're going back to WDW 11/29-12/5 this is our 1st trip stating offsite since this app and magic bands have started. I deactivated our past tickets and magic bands since they're all expired and we don't need them. I bought the park tickets on the app, they're linked to my wife and my accounts. But since we're staying offsite I bought us new magic bands shoe rate from the Disney store online. My question is how do I get the magic bands once they're delivered on my account? And then how do I get the tickets linked to the magic bands? Thanks in advance... I have confirmation numbers for the tickets, but I don't believe we will get actual tickets delivered (not sure about that though)

mousehockey37

So I've used the MDE app for my last few trips and haven't had any issues. But I think I'm about to run into my 1st one. We're going back to WDW 11/29-12/5 this is our 1st trip stating offsite since this app and magic bands have started. I deactivated our past tickets and magic bands since they're all expired and we don't need them. I bought the park tickets on the app, they're linked to my wife and my accounts. But since we're staying offsite I bought us new magic bands shoe rate from the Disney store online. My question is how do I get the magic bands once they're delivered on my account? And then how do I get the tickets linked to the magic bands? Thanks in advance... I have confirmation numbers for the tickets, but I don't believe we will get actual tickets delivered (not sure about that though)

I believe there's something to do with the serial # on the back of the magic band itself. You have to add the band # to your account somehow (call in, I guess) and then everything should be able to be linked at that point on MDE.

I haven't had to do this, but I've seen it discussed before. So it's out there.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Yes there is a number on the inside of the bands that you use to link the magic bands to your MDE account and it will automatically work with any tickets in your MDE account once the bands are linked. I have added several bands manually from buying special edition bands and such. Very easy. :)

Rob562

As a follow-up, you didn't really need to mark your old Bands as inactive since they can be re-used even after the trip you got them for is over. You can deactivate them if you really don't plan on using them, or mark them as lost if you've lost them or thrown them out.

The Bands will work indefinitely for all tap-to-use functions (tickets, FP+, room charging, room key). The only thing that'll eventually stop working when the internal battery dies is the long-distance function, which for now is just auto-linking of on-ride photos.

If you still have the old Bands you should be able to reactivate them and use them if you want. They will work interchangeably with all the Bands listed on your account.

-Rob

TXDisney

Original Poster
We ordered the specialty bands for this trip so yea we have our old ones but we thought it'd be cool to have a design on new ones.

Rob562

We ordered the specialty bands for this trip so yea we have our old ones but we thought it'd be cool to have a design on new ones.

If you have multiples, you can also decide each day which Band you want to wear. I currently have four active Bands on my account, and I just choose one by color based on the shirt I'm wearing.

-Rob

docdebbi

don't forget you can jazz up those old bands with designs too. do a web search, and you'll find multiple sites selling decent quality decals to apply to your bands. we got 4 each for our upcoming trip. (yeah, i've got something like 10 magic bands myself, they just keep sending 'em). but variety is nice!

Rob562

don't forget you can jazz up those old bands with designs too. do a web search, and you'll find multiple sites selling decent quality decals to apply to your bands. we got 4 each for our upcoming trip. (yeah, i've got something like 10 magic bands myself, they just keep sending 'em). but variety is nice!

I second this. Three of my four Bands have decals on them. Just make sure you thoroughly read the directions before applying them. (My friend ignored the "do not pull/stretch while applying" part and ended up with lop-sided decals...)

-Rob

thomas998

If you have multiples, you can also decide each day which Band you want to wear. I currently have four active Bands on my account, and I just choose one by color based on the shirt I'm wearing.

-Rob
Okay... quick question then... I've got 2 different bands that show up in my account now... When I go on my next trip can I use either band and what do I need to do when I go so that whichever band I take will work?

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Okay... quick question then... I've got 2 different bands that show up in my account now... When I go on my next trip can I use either band and what do I need to do when I go so that whichever band I take will work?
They will work automatically. Only thing that may not work and that has to do with the actual band itself is if the battery dies (averages 2 years) you won't get your automatic pictures/videos from rides. (Can always have them manually added by calling photo pass customer service etc) But it will work for anything else that you have to touch to do like opening your room, dining, pictures you have them scan the band, etc.
If you notice it's not working just let the front desk know at your resort.
We have many between me and DH and never had to do anything extra to use the older ones that are active in the account. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom