Need help w/ Radiator Springs fast pass

JillC LI

I've read that the fastpasses are now in the whole fastpass system, meaning you can't get another fastpass for another attraction until the RSR fastpass has passed. I guess the lines aren't that long anymore?

No, the lines are huge. The WOC FPs are not part of the system so you can have one of those plus another attraction at the same time. RSR FPs work the same as for Soarin', for example.

croboy82

Soooooooo if you get a RSR fast pass and it says 3 pm you won't be able to get another fast pass for anything in DCA before 3 pm now? That's a bit sad but it's not like you need many there anyway :)

gboiler1

Correct, you have to wait till the time on your ticket window opens :( So, you'll have to wait on additional FP to things like Soarin, ToT and Cali Screamin.

Bolna

Soooooooo if you get a RSR fast pass and it says 3 pm you won't be able to get another fast pass for anything in DCA before 3 pm now? That's a bit sad but it's not like you need many there anyway :)

Correct, you have to wait till the time on your ticket window opens :( So, you'll have to wait on additional FP to things like Soarin, ToT and Cali Screamin.

No, it is not always until your FP window starts. It depends. Usually, if your FP window is more than 2 hours away, you will be able to get a new FP two hours after you got the first one. It is always stated at the bottom of your FP when you are able to get the next one. This might be the start of your FP window if this is less than two hours away, or a time two hours from now if it is more than two hours away.

The two hour window might be adjusted to be shorter or longer depending on crowds, I think.

So: Always check when you get your next FP on the FP itself!

gboiler1

No, it is not always until your FP window starts. It depends. Usually, if your FP window is more than 2 hours away, you will be able to get a new FP two hours after you got the first one. It is always stated at the bottom of your FP when you are able to get the next one. This might be the start of your FP window if this is less than two hours away, or a time two hours from now if it is more than two hours away.

The two hour window might be adjusted to be shorter or longer depending on crowds, I think.

So: Always check when you get your next FP on the FP itself!

Thanks Bolna...I had that 2 hour thing in the back of my mind too. I looked on Disney's web site and it didn't mention it so I thought perhaps it had changed.
Yes, we shouldn't be punished because of an attraction's popularity, so glad to hear we can grab one for Soarin' too!

dvitali

as for getting the WOC first thing as the park open it depend where you want to watch it that night. Most of the center section is blue color on your fastpass tickets and those sold thru very early as the park open. Plus they allow people into that section at least 45 minutes before the start of show. then they fill in left and right side of the lake. getting there early allow you get close to the water spray and the rail as you get sit on the ground other wise you will have to stand for 45 minutes crammed close to together like sardines.

Last edited:

WishIwasThere

When we arrived at DCA at 8:05am on its 9am opening day, we were at the very front of the line to get onto RSR.

So you still waited in line for an hour for RSR...
My recommendation is if you cannot get FP's first thing, just do single rider line. You will likely still have someone from your party in your vehicle or racing against you.

JillC LI

So you still waited in line for an hour for RSR...
My recommendation is if you cannot get FP's first thing, just do single rider line. You will likely still have someone from your party in your vehicle or racing against you.

I suppose I did wait in line an hour. But I would have waited that hour to be first in the park regardless of whether I intended to ride RSR first or something else. It was fun to be at the front of the pack at rope drop because the CM at the rope was telling jokes and taking photos of people. Technically I waited an hour to get into the park, not specifically for RSR. I didn't wait at all for RSR - we were among the first cars that loaded. But I agree that the single rider line was great for later in the day when DD and I wanted to ride a second time. We wound up in the same car. But it was nice to have the photo of all members of our family in the same car from earlier in the day.

m steve

We just finished our first rope drop sprint for RSR yesterday. We were at the front left of the rope as the crowd was walked toward Cars Land so we were able to grab Fastpasses and then ride RSR with only a 10 minute wait. So, it can be done even with a big crowd like we had yesterday.

By the way, the cast member at the rope confirmed that RSR Fastpasses are now in the system.

merry68

Earlier this week, we rode first thing at park open, then got FPs (our return time was 1:10pm and we pulled FPs around 8:25am). The FP line had gone way down after the initial crush. The standby line moved quickly too.

Sponz1

My family of 4 is going to DL for the first time next week and RSR is the number one ride my kids are requesting. If we go get Fast Passes when the park opens, do all 4 of us need to go to the fast pass booth - or can 1 person get fast passes for all 4 people?

croboy82

My family of 4 is going to DL for the first time next week and RSR is the number one ride my kids are requesting. If we go get Fast Passes when the park opens, do all 4 of us need to go to the fast pass booth - or can 1 person get fast passes for all 4 people?

One Person can go BUT has to take all 4 tickets cause you have to scan every ticket to get a fast pass.

That was the case 2 years ago, I hope it hasn't changed but I wouldn't know why ;)

Do you know where the Fast Pass Machines are? It won't be hard to miss anyway, just look out for the big line :D

TP2000

One person can go, but all four tickets must have been scanned in for park entry that morning already. So the wife and kids can't sleep in or linger over pancakes across the street at IHOP while you run in to get Fastpasses. Everyone must have entered the park already and their tickets must have been activated by the main entrance that day to be valid at Fastpass machines. It's always been that way since the system started in 1999.

RMichael21

We were at DCA on the 8th and 9th and got there 30 minutes prior to opening both days. On the 8th, My father was a FastPass runner and got a 8:50 FastPass for RSR. While he got that, the rest of my family went to the ride and used the "wide right technique" which worked really well. Because this day was non EMH, we got back together with my dad and only waited 5 minutes. However, my father ran, so the wait may be longer if you don't run. On the 9th, it was EMH and we did the same thing. We got a 9:FastPass

JamieD

We got RSR FPs twice last week. We were never at the park for rope drop at 8, but rather around 8:30 - 9 and we never had to wait in line for a FP. We walk right up twice and got FPs, once from 1215 - 115 and the other from 130 - 230. I was terrified after reading these threads but it wasn't terrible. Maybe we hit it on the right days?

Sponz1

What is the quickest route to the RSR FastPass machine (I've never been to California Adventure)? I see that I enter the park at Buena Vista - then do I look for RSR FastPass signs? Thanks for the help!

RMichael21

What is the quickest route to the RSR FastPass machine (I've never been to California Adventure)? I see that I enter the park at Buena Vista - then do I look for RSR FastPass signs? Thanks for the help!
On the way to CarsLand, you pass right by it. It's right next to the entrance of A Bug's Land (which sits between the machines and CarsLand. :)

CheshireCat12

On the way to CarsLand, you pass right by it. It's right next to the entrance of A Bug's Land (which sits between the machines and CarsLand. :)
Yes, this. On the left hand side- pass Carthay Circle and keep going straight toward CarsLand. You won't miss it. If you see a line on the left side, that's it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom