Need help w/ Radiator Springs fast pass

drew81

Original Poster
I need suggestions on getting fast passes for Radiator Springs and also World of Color. What's the best plan of attack for this? Is getting one for Radiator Springs and then heading over to the WOC distribution the ideal plan? Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

Tom

Beta Return
That should work just fine, Drew. That's what we did when we visited DLR twice last year. Get RSR FP+ first thing, then go get WOC, then go get in Single Rider line for RSR. Just about the only way to get multiple rides in.

JillC LI

Yes, no rush on the WOC FPs. But there IS a rush on the RSR FPs so get that first. You can leisurely make your way over to the Grizzly River Run area for the WOC FPs when you have time in the morning.

croboy82

If you are not alone you can always get in line for RSR FPs and the other person takes the tickets and goes to get the WOC FPs, they are probably 5-10 minutes apart walking and comes back to you.

But I'm not sure how long the lines for RSR FPs are at the moment

m steve

If you are there at rope drop, why not head directly to RSR rather than lining up for fastpasses? Is it possible to get fastpasses and then go to RSR without getting slammed with a long line at the attraction?

Thanks for your advice!

Furiated

If you are there at rope drop, why not head directly to RSR rather than lining up for fastpasses? Is it possible to get fastpasses and then go to RSR without getting slammed with a long line at the attraction?

Thanks for your advice!

That's what we always do. Rope drop and go right for RSR itself, then go get RSR FPs then go get WoC FPs. But this will vary greatly depending on time of year, crowd level, morning EMH/Magic Morning, etc. 8am open when we are in at 7am for Magic Morning, no problem at all. 10am open when everyone and their brother is there for ripe drop, you will likely have to choose between going right for RSR or getting in the FP line.

JillC LI

Thanks for your advice!

Our plan 2 weeks ago was to godirectly to the FP machines and ride RSR later in the day, but it turned out we were at the very front of the rope drop line, so we went straight to RSR and rode it, coming back later in the day to ride it again on the single rider line. And to answer your last question, because the RSR FP machines are NOT located by the attraction, you do get slammed with a huge line if you try to get FPs first them go straight to ride it.

fbp

We had luck riding RSR at opening, doing another ride, then getting Fastpasses. We tried RSR and getting Fastpasses immediately after but the FP line was still thirty minutes long.

JoMarch

FYI - RSR fast pass system is OUTSIDE CarsLand. So grab it before entering.

"World of Color" fast pass system is near Grizzly River Run.

PolynesianPrincess

That's what we always do. Rope drop and go right for RSR itself, then go get RSR FPs then go get WoC FPs. But this will vary greatly depending on time of year, crowd level, morning EMH/Magic Morning, etc. 8am open when we are in at 7am for Magic Morning, no problem at all. 10am open when everyone and their brother is there for ripe drop, you will likely have to choose between going right for RSR or getting in the FP line.

THIS.

When we were there at an 8am parking opening, we waited maybe 5 minutes for RSR FPs and then maybe 20 minutes in line for RSR. When it was a 10am opening, the line for FP was significantly longer. And we were there pre-park opening both times, probably 10 minutes before rope drop. Definitely try and do DCA on an 8am morning.

JillC LI

When we were there at an 8am parking opening, we waited maybe 5 minutes for RSR FPs and then maybe 20 minutes in line for RSR. When it was a 10am opening, the line for FP was significantly longer. And we were there pre-park opening both times, probably 10 minutes before rope drop. Definitely try and do DCA on an 8am morning.

I'm sure that's best if you can do it, but when we were there 2 weeks ago (staying off property for 1 night), we could not. So we went to the park that was NOT having early hours each day. When we arrived at DCA at 8:05am on its 9am opening day, we were at the very front of the line to get onto RSR.

PolynesianPrincess

I'm sure that's best if you can do it, but when we were there 2 weeks ago (staying off property for 1 night), we could not. So we went to the park that was NOT having early hours each day. When we arrived at DCA at 8:05am on its 9am opening day, we were at the very front of the line to get onto RSR.

What couldn't you do? Go to DCA with an 8am opening?

JillC LI

What couldn't you do? Go to DCA with an 8am opening?
Yes, since we weren't staying on property and we didn't have 3 day tickets, we couldn't get early entry to DCA or DL on any of the early entry days. In fact, we made a point of avoiding the park that had early entry so we would get in at the same time as everyone else.

PolynesianPrincess

Yes, since we weren't staying on property and we didn't have 3 day tickets, we couldn't get early entry to DCA or DL on any of the early entry days. In fact, we made a point of avoiding the park that had early entry so we would get in at the same time as everyone else.

Oh, gotcha. This wasn't an early entry day. Well, it was for DLR resort guests at 7am (we were off property) and the park opened to everyone at 8am.

mets7

I was there a couple of weeks ago and this is how we did RSR. We arrived in DCA about 3pm and hopped on luigis and maters right away. A cast member at luigis told us that right before park closing they open up the fast pass line to everyone and push as many people thru as possible. We got in standby line about 9pm and waited about 45min to get on. Then we jumped off and got back in line and walked right on. We were the very last ride of the night(BTW this was on Memorial Day when crowds were pretty large). Don't know if this works for everyone but it did great for us. As for fastpass, I refuse to wait in an hour line just for a fastpass. I arrived the next morning to the parks about a half hour or so after rope drop. I walked down got into line for RSR fastpass and waited maybe 15min and got a fast pass for 2:30 in the afternoon. I will say this ride is Awesome and by far my favorite ride between Disneyland and Disneyworld. Also, this ride is much better at night in my opinion.

croboy82

I've read that the fastpasses are now in the whole fastpass system, meaning you can't get another fastpass for another attraction until the RSR fastpass has passed. I guess the lines aren't that long anymore?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom