1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Need help Imagining 1st Day Possibilties

Discussion in 'WDW Trip Planning' started by ask!, May 4, 2017.

1. ask!

ask! Active Member Original Poster

Thanks so much Helena Bear for your kind interest and wise advice

helenabear likes this.
  2. 21stamps

21stamps Well-Known Member

I like hanging out at the resort when we aren't at a park. Given the fact that you have a big dinner, I vote for pool time/pool bar food..and drinks :)

3. ask!

yes that sounds wonderful too Thanks

21stamps likes this.
  4. rob0519

rob0519 Well-Known Member

I could be mistaken, but the last time my wife got a mani/pedi at Saratoga Springs it was in the neighborhood of $140 before tip. If I'm right , that times 3 would be an expensive way to spend some time.

ask! likes this.
  5. helenabear

helenabear Well-Known Member

I just looked up prices and you are likely right. I had no idea they were than much more than here as it's been a while since I used a spa there.

ask! likes this.
  6. rob0519

rob0519 Well-Known Member

I know. The bill for a cut and color for my wife at the GF a few years ago was way more then even Chicago. I have to admit she looked great so I almost didn't care about the price.

7. helenabear

helenabear Well-Known Member

Awww... so sweet! I just saw the price for a cut and wow - nearly double and I don't go to a 'cheap place' Good thing I am going two weeks before we leave LOL. Still love that you treat your wife to things like that now and then. The GF spa is wonderful!

ask! likes this.
  8. Disney Hound

Disney Hound Member

It is always worth asking if the room is ready - we got into our 2 bed at BCV at 11.30am last year! Just don't expect it to be ready!

If you are staying in that location, I would recommend a couple of circuits of WS at Epcot! Maybe a fastpass or two? Always a good way to relax into the holiday! Plus, they will text you when the room is ready - and it is only a short stroll back to the hotel!

9. LuvtheGoof

LuvtheGoof Proud DVC Member Premium Member

Eh, it's worth every penny to us.

ask! likes this.
  10. piglet2422

piglet2422 Member

BC!!! Jealous... stayed there last trip. You better head over to beaches & cream :)

ask! likes this.
  11. Gurt

Gurt Well-Known Member

We always arrive late afternoon / dinner time we have a tradition now and always once checked in and unpacked head over to Epcot, ride SSE and have a gentle stroll into WS, we really take our 1st evening easy so we are nice and refreshed ready to spend the next 2 weeks having fun.

ask! likes this.
  12. KrzyKtty

KrzyKtty Well-Known Member

We generally arrive early afternoon/evening. Normally we have a quiet evening at the resort and Disney Springs. This time we are heading over to MK around dinner time and splitting MK into 1.5 days. With two young children, we thought it would give us a more relaxing trip over all.

ask! likes this.
  13. ask!

Thanks all for your thoughts, tips and advice.

Today our fp window began and we made final plans--

we decided to cancel the 4 pm Ohana and booked 7:15 pm at Crystal Palace . ....so no pressure to get the room early--and that frees up the day.

Plane lands at MCO at 9:30--- figure we will be at BC by 10:30-11ish. We are going to head over to the Big River Grille and Brewing Works on the Boardwalk for lunch... and a beer (no ADR's required). Then, we are going to take the Friendship Boat for a" 3 hour tour" -- going by the Crescent Lake Resorts, to HS and to Epcot. I consider all non-bus transportation a 'ride" :)

If the room becomes available, we will go to the room, but if not, then off to France---for some ice cream at
    L'Artisan des Glaces . Then stroll back to BC --- and by then, hoping the room will be available.

Unpack-- check out the room-- put away our Green Grocer order --chill--- and then get ready to go to Magic Kingdom for Dinner with Pooh, Happily Ever After and some fp rides-- Space Mountain, 7 Dwarfs Ride and Splash Mountain.

Sounds like a great beginning!

I want to add that I booked the Marceline to Magic tour -- has anyone done it?? I am a huge fan of Walt the Man and it sounds fabulous! I like that the tour starts at 8 am--- so it will be almost empty--- looking forward to an almost empty Main Street.

Again, thanks for the feedback.
    60 days to go!!