Need help deciding on ADRs

Kyepie

Hello!

We will be going back to Florida 9/2/17 - 9/9/17 for our daughter's 5th birthday! It is just myself, my husband and our daughter. I need help deciding what ADR's to do on Monday Sep 4th and Thursday Sep 7th.

9/2 - Arrival Day/Resort Day
9/3 - Beach Day
9/4 - Resort Day
8:40am ADR at Ohana's OR 8:10pm ADR at Chef Mickeys

9/5 - Magic Kingdom Day
8:20am ADR at Cinderella's Royal Table
9/6 - Epcot Day
No ADRs
9/7 - Resort Day and MNSSHP
7:45am ADR Ohana's or 9:15am ADR Cape May or 11:10am ADR Chef Mickeys
Rest from 1:30pm - 3:00pm
Arrive at MK at 4pm for MNSSHP

9/8 - Animal Kingdom Day
12:45p ADR at Rainforest Cafe
9/9 - Departure Day

What would you do?! We don't want to do two meals at the same location.

nickys

Premium Member
Where are you staying? That might help decide if there's somewhere at your resort you might go to.

Do you want to visit Disney Springs, or resort hop?

Upvote 0

Kyepie

Original Poster
We are staying off property at the Wyndham Bonnet Creek. We do not want to park hop. We will have our own car with us.

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
On the 4th, is your DD going to be OK with going to an MK resort but not visiting the actual park? I'd find that hard, let alone a 5 year old lol!

What about the BBQ at FW instead, or HDDR?

On the 7th, if you do Chef Mickey's, you'll be heading to an MK resort, back to WBC and back again to MK for the party, after quite a short break. And the breakfasts seem like an early start if you plan to stay at the party till late.

Personally I would try for Chef Mickey's for around 2pm, after a leisurely day at the resort.

That said, I love 'Ohana for breakfast. Also done Cape May but a few years ago - we enjoyed it.

Upvote 0

Kyepie

Original Poster
Our daughter loves the resort pools and lazy rivers so she'll be okay going back to the resort after a breakfast on the 4th.

I was concerned about going from Chef Mickeys to WBC and then back! They do have a 2pm available at Chef Mickeys but I didn't want to be in my Halloween costume while at Chef Mickey's LOL is Chef Mickey's a little less crowded around 2pm?

Upvote 0

CaptainAmerica

I know it's not what you asked, but that's a ton of resort / rest time. Seven nights and only three actual park days? May I ask why?

Edit: Also, it's not a matter of "real quick pop into WDW" for the Magic Kingdom resort meals. With traffic and parking, you're looking at half an hour each way just for a meal. Right now, your itinerary has a whole lot of driving and not much Disneying.

Upvote 0

Kyepie

Original Poster
I hadn't thought about the driving and parking!

To answer your question, we were in Disney World a year ago this week. We had a blast and went to the parks 5 days. But we found that we were all very tired and really missed having some quiet quality time together. We like playing games, reading, coloring, together. Not to mention, all 3 of us have a little bit of crowd anxiety. So we knew we wanted to do a big vacation for our daughters 5th birthday but we decided to have more resort/relaxing time. We only did one character meal last year (Hollywood and Vine) because we planned our trip last minute. so that was something we wanted to do more of this time around.

Upvote 0

CaptainAmerica

I hadn't thought about the driving and parking!

To answer your question, we were in Disney World a year ago this week. We had a blast and went to the parks 5 days. But we found that we were all very tired and really missed having some quiet quality time together. We like playing games, reading, coloring, together. Not to mention, all 3 of us have a little bit of crowd anxiety. So we knew we wanted to do a big vacation for our daughters 5th birthday but we decided to have more resort/relaxing time. We only did one character meal last year (Hollywood and Vine) because we planned our trip last minute. so that was something we wanted to do more of this time around.
The Magic Kingdom resorts are the biggest pains to make special trips to. I'd recommend an 8:00am breakfast at the Garden Grill on your Epcot day, or maybe Crystal Palace dinner at Magic Kingdom before MNSSHP.

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
Our daughter loves the resort pools and lazy rivers so she'll be okay going back to the resort after a breakfast on the 4th.

I was concerned about going from Chef Mickeys to WBC and then back! They do have a 2pm available at Chef Mickeys but I didn't want to be in my Halloween costume while at Chef Mickey's LOL is Chef Mickey's a little less crowded around 2pm?

In that case, I would vote for 'Ohana on the 4th for breakfast.

Not sure if Chef Mickey's is less crowded or not, I expect it's busy any time. It is fun, but noisy. Otoh, it is the "big 5" characters. As for costumes, could you change after eating? There are lockers at the park to leave a bag if you don't want to carry it round.

However if not keen on that idea, then I would go for Cape May that day. I think otherwise it would be too much back and forward before the party.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom