Need AKL Advice

mouse_luv

We have Jambo as our home resort. We have allegiance there. It's big and glamorous in African décor. It has a great pool that has plenty of room to enjoy with the kids.

Two nice restaurants that serve foods that are out of this world. If you want just quick service....it is a short walk outside under a covered walkway (very important during those spotty rain showers that Florida has on occasion) Everything is within the building.

Kidani in the other hand is smaller (u don't understand Disneys reasoning for this since it is a DVC resort. There is no real good food service besides "grab and go." No sitting area for those who want to sit and eat.

The pool and outdoor activities are across the parking lot. Not crazy about that set up. The pool is nice...don't get me wrong there.

The one great point I think Kidani has is the under building parking for those of us who drive down to Disney. If you like taking you car out to parks or store errands then coming back to a parking spot directly below you room then this is a plus!

All in all both resorts have their good points as well as their bad.
Wrong! Kidani is larger than you think, it's just all DVC units. And also, only grab and go? Try again.. Sanaa the TS restaurant is there.

yfd326

Wrong! Kidani is larger than you think, it's just all DVC units. And also, only grab and go? Try again.. Sanaa the TS restaurant is there.

Let me be more clear....the lobby is huge in Jambo. The Libby is open and free feeling. Kidani's lobby is small and tight. The "grab and go" in Kidani refers to the giftshop/refrigerator/coffee table set up. Jambo House has a whole cafe style eatery that lets you sit down and eat. Sana'a is a restaurant. Not a quick meal cafe.
I just don't think Kidani was Disneys shinning design.

Don't get me wrong I like Kidani but I love Jambo House.

mouse_luv

Let me be more clear....the lobby is huge in Jambo. The Libby is open and free feeling. Kidani's lobby is small and tight. The "grab and go" in Kidani refers to the giftshop/refrigerator/coffee table set up. Jambo House has a whole cafe style eatery that lets you sit down and eat. Sana'a is a restaurant. Not a quick meal cafe.
I just don't think Kidani was Disneys shinning design.

Don't get me wrong I like Kidani but I love Jambo House.
You're back stepping now. You said there was only a grab n go in Kidani and no where else to eat there. Also, the lobby is not "grand" in Kidani like Jambo bc Jambo was designed as a Hotel first and then the DVC units were added unlike all DVC kidani. The lobby is just fine at Kidani and Yes, I've been to Jambo so I'm aware.
If you don't like/know Kidani well that's fine, but it's no reason to spout misinformation and talk down on it in the process.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom