Need a hotel on the way down

Cubs Brian

Driving down from Chicago Dec 26 for a week, would prefer to fly but air fare for that week is outrageous. Will more than likely be stopping for the night in Valdosta Georgia. Need recommendations on a decent hotel. On our way down about 6 or 7 years ago we stayed at a Wyndham suites I think, but apparently its not there anymore or is under a different name or chain now.

wedje

Try Country Inn & Suites. Right off I-75. Plenty of places to eat nearby. We stayed there on our last trip down (2013). Very nice and prices were reasonable. Enjoy your trip

Upvote 0

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
A great resource I use often is TripAdvisor. Check there for the city/area you want to stop to see the hotels with the best reviews that appeals to you and your price range. :)

Upvote 0

DisDadWoz

When we drive down from the northwest suburbs we normally stay in Tifton which is a little further north of Valdosta as they have a holiday inn express w/free breakfast. That is about a 5 hour trip to WDW from there which isn't bad in the morning. Go to any travel site and put in your request to gauge what is out there and the prices. You can then check out the reviews etc. and see what will work for you. Safe travels!

Upvote 0

JennSmith

We stopped in Macon, GA and stayed at the Homewood Suites. It was really nice and they had an awesome full breakfast for free. We will stay there again in September when we go back to WDW.

Upvote 0

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
I always stay at the Hampton Inn Lake Park area (5 miles south of Valdosta). Great rates, less highway noise then the hotels in Valdosta its 5 miles closer to the World!

Hampton Inn Valdosta/Lake Park
Address: 4906 Timber Dr, Lake Park, GA 31636
Phone(229) 559-5565

Upvote 0

Kristamouse

Just chiming in to say we LOVE Homewood Inn's:) stay on Macon, Ocala, Atlanta and Orlando. We have 6 kids so we have to do suites and love the breakfest and dinners Monday-Thursday

Upvote 0

Kristamouse

image.jpeg
Day by day...
We are heading down again in January. My husband and I agree that Disney is place where our life is actually less stressful and busy. The kids are too distracted or tired to fight;)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom