NCAA '14 is here....Who is your team? And what are your expectations?

OSUgirl77

If only college football had a real playoff system, like in every other sport both college and pro, with at least a 16 team/8 game playoff. Then all of these teams could just play it out on the field, and people would feel like there's a legitimate National Champion every year. I know this will never happen, but a girl can dream...

Dad 2 M & M

Original Poster
Ohio State won, but we lost our second QB of the season. That injury didn't look good, I can't imagine he'll be back.
Good win...and tough loss of your QB.

Down here in ACC/SEC Country....we have an ACC sweep of "State" Championships

Georgia Tech over Georgia
Florida State over Florida
Clemson over South Carolina
and.....if you missed it....
Louisville over Kentucky

And while we're at it....Looks like Ole Miss is going to down Miss State in the Egg Bowl...Baylor is clinging to a slim 5 point lead against Texas Tech...and squeaks by by a measly 2 points...

Last edited:

jdmdisney99

10805673_10152489871007218_4690605636053315110_n.jpg

jw24

Well, I said I would not comment on the CFP until the conference championships. Well, I'm commenting now though I am a day late! :oops:

I honestly thought Baylor would have to blow out K-State to even have a chance at the 4 spot. I certainly didn't see Ohio State just destroying Wisconsin with their third string QB and that game alone being the swinging factor over Baylor and TCU. But the way I see it, I think beating a top ten Michigan State on the road and just blowing out Wisconsin outweighed Baylor's case in terms of making a comeback at home against TCU and not exactly dominating Kansas State last night, also at home. As for TCU, they beat K-State by a higher margin compared to Baylor and interestingly enough, Minnesota was a common opponent for Ohio St and TCU but Ohio St went on the road and beat them late while TCU beat Minnesota at home at early. With that said, 'Bama vs. Ohio St in New Orleans. FSU-Oregon in Pasadena only prompts me to say:

Lance

Not saying TCU or Baylor aren't deserving, Ohio St. deserves the nod just because of the pedigree. Its the first ever playoff, you have to give the nod to the buckeyes.

Watching the ACC championship was terrifying. I was of the firm belief(hope) that the Noles were just fooling everyone the last 4 months.... but I fear they're not... so my prediction of them rolling through the playoffs doesn't look good, Bama will destroy them.

OSUgirl77

I'm very happy the Buckeyes got in, and I think they deserved it based on the way they won the B1G championship game and the lack of a Big 12 championship game. That being said, TCU and Baylor should both be extremely ticked, and rightfully so. TCU never should've been ranked ahead of Baylor in the first place, based on their head to head. But they were, and ranked third, only to be moved back down to sixth after winning their last game by 52. None of that is cool. A four team playoff is ridiculous.

As for the match ups, I think Bama will most likely beat Ohio State, but I don't think it will be a beat down. I also won't be surprised if the Buckeyes win, Meyer knows how to prepare for SEC teams. They are a great team, but Bama just isn't as dominant as they have been in recent years. I don't think FSU will be able to stop Mariota. Not sure who wins Oregon/Bama. Would be a great game though! No matter how it plays out, they've got big time, traditional powerhouses that travel well. Money will be made, whether any of it is fair or not.

Dad 2 M & M

Original Poster
I'm very happy the Buckeyes got in, and I think they deserved it based on the way they won the B1G championship game and the lack of a Big 12 championship game. That being said, TCU and Baylor should both be extremely ticked, and rightfully so. TCU never should've been ranked ahead of Baylor in the first place, based on their head to head. But they were, and ranked third, only to be moved back down to sixth after winning their last game by 52. None of that is cool. A four team playoff is ridiculous.

As for the match ups, I think Bama will most likely beat Ohio State, but I don't think it will be a beat down. I also won't be surprised if the Buckeyes win, Meyer knows how to prepare for SEC teams. They are a great team, but Bama just isn't as dominant as they have been in recent years. I don't think FSU will be able to stop Mariota. Not sure who wins Oregon/Bama. Would be a great game though! No matter how it plays out, they've got big time, traditional powerhouses that travel well. Money will be made, whether any of it is fair or not.
A few things....
1) Wouldn't surprise me to see OSU beat Bama.....Bama isn't really playin much defense of late. With that said, I do expect Bama to win somewhere around 30 -21, 34 - 24....

2) Oregon is really going to look bad if FSU wins AND keeps the game RELATIVELY low scoring. While I agree FSU doesn't look very impressive, THEY CONTINUE TO WIN! Do not read into this I am an FSU fan; I am an SEC fan true and true. Let's see if Oregon has any torque, or if they are just high rpms..

3) I cannot agree more with your TCU take. It boggles my mind they were ranked #3, ahead of FSU, and had no shot of staying in the Top 4. It reminds me of the 2001 season where Nebraska was upset by Colorado and wasn't able to play in the Big 12 championship. After that loss the Final Regular Season AP Poll had Miami #1, Tennessee #2, Texas #3, Nebraska #4, and Oregon #5. Then Tennessee and Texas both lost their conference Championships (LSU,Colorado respectively). In the next AP Poll the writers tried to move Oregon ahead of Nebraska. Their reasoning was Oregon had won the Pac 10, and Nebraska hadn't even won their division of the Big 12. To your TCU point...why even rank Nebraska ahead of Oregon? If you were going to change your mind if LSU beat Tennessee and Colorado beat Texas? What did that have to do with Nebraska and/or Oregon?

4) Don't have an issue with only 4 in the playoff...and would at most expand to 6, with the top 2 getting a bye. The issue with 4 this year is all 5 Major conference winners were ranked 1-5, and #6 was a Co-Champion (sort of). I don't recall the last time all 5 Champions were ranked 1-5. In most years multiple teams from 1 conference are usually in top 5. Last year the regular season ended with Stanford the highest ranked Pac - Whatever team @ #7...SEC and Big 10 had two teams each in top 6.

Dad 2 M & M

Original Poster
SEC West really took a thumpin in the Bowls!! Texas A & M and Arkansas were the only teams to win...with Bama, Ole Miss, and Miss State all losing....plus Auburn and LSU!!

East fared a little better with wins by Georgia, South Carolina, and Missouri....

OSUgirl77

Impressive!! Wouldn't surprise me to see you peeps win tha big un!!
We'll see, Oregon is the real deal. I think it'll be a great game. Beating Bama was almost enough....almost. Still want to win it all. Just sick of hearing about how great they were, and how bad the Big Ten sucks, blah, blah, blah. It was fun to watch the B1G have such a great day, and there are no words to properly describe how great that win over Bama felt. So happy for those guys. Now, on to Dallas!

jdmdisney99

We'll see, Oregon is the real deal. I think it'll be a great game. Beating Bama was almost enough....almost. Still want to win it all. Just sick of hearing about how great they were, and how bad the Big Ten sucks, blah, blah, blah. It was fun to watch the B1G have such a great day, and there are no words to properly describe how great that win over Bama felt. So happy for those guys. Now, on to Dallas!
Go B1G! :joyfull: The B1G East is going to be a monster!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom