NCAA '14 is here....Who is your team? And what are your expectations?

Dad 2 M & M

Original Poster
After one weekend, what cha think?

A few observations:

1) Florida State and Bama don't look invincible....Bama could easily lose 2 games BEFORE the Iron Bowl
2) Georgia looked really good, but Georgia always seems to stumble

PUSH

After last night I'm sad to say I'm a Wisconsin fan. I'll admit I didn't catch the second half as I went to slepe at halftime, but I don't know why we tried to put our team's fate in the hands of a QB who's never started a game. Not that Joel Stave is any better, but you should have the common sense to use Melvin Gordon. Afterall, he is only arguably the best RB in the country.

BransonJ

Texas longhorns under strong have found their identity early. The play of ash however I'm not excited about but that defense is stout. Ready to see how they do against big 12 team.

OSUgirl77

Ohio State started out shaky, but started to come together as the game went on. I didn't know what to expect from an inexperienced QB, but I think he's going to be okay. I'm not worried about our defense, Navy's crazy triple option drives a lot of teams crazy. The O-line is worrisome, however, we lost 4 starters and it shows. It will be interesting to see what kind of progress they make as the year goes on.

OSUgirl77

After last night I'm sad to say I'm a Wisconsin fan. I'll admit I didn't catch the second half as I went to slepe at halftime, but I don't know why we tried to put our team's fate in the hands of a QB who's never started a game. Not that Joel Stave is any better, but you should have the common sense to use Melvin Gordon. Afterall, he is only arguably the best RB in the country.
I was really pulling for you guys, it's probably better that you slept through it. It also didn't help that you lost 2 D-linemen. Wisconsin wins that game, and I think they would've been undefeated at the end of the season.

PUSH

I was really pulling for you guys, it's probably better that you slept through it. It also didn't help that you lost 2 D-linemen. Wisconsin wins that game, and I think they would've been undefeated at the end of the season.
Yep. The rest of our schedule is pretty easy. We should have won last night. We should have used Gordon.

Dad 2 M & M

Original Poster
Yep. The rest of our schedule is pretty easy. We should have won last night. We should have used Gordon.
Pardon my asking (and not knowing)...do you play head to head this year? I know the "Big Ten" schedule used to have quirks were every team did not meet annually....I believe this quirk was due to Penn State?

OSUgirl77

Pardon my asking (and not knowing)...do you play head to head this year? I know the "Big Ten" schedule used to have quirks were every team did not meet annually....I believe this quirk was due to Penn State?
We do not. Wisconsin isn't in our division, so we will not play them as regularly. It was originally the addition of Penn State, but now the Big Ten has also added Maryland and Rutgers, who OSU will have to play every year because they are now in our division.

acishere

Rutgers likes to start their seasons against weaker opponents, so I try not to judge anything on the first season. I have low expectations for their first Big 10 season. There are too many improvements needed for them to be competitive in the division.

OSUgirl77

Rutgers likes to start their seasons against weaker opponents, so I try not to judge anything on the first season. I have low expectations for their first Big 10 season. There are too many improvements needed for them to be competitive in the division.
That was a good first win though. Unfortunately, they've got a rough time of it in the B1G, I don't know how they managed to get both Wisconsin and Nebraska on their schedule from the other division. Lots of national exposure though, always good for recruiting.

Dad 2 M & M

Original Poster
That was a good first win though. Unfortunately, they've got a rough time of it in the B1G, I don't know how they managed to get both Wisconsin and Nebraska on their schedule from the other division. Lots of national exposure though, always good for recruiting.
Can't hurt the Big Ten either....exposure in Jersey. Time will tell the benefit to the SEC by expanding into Missouri and Texas. So for the new recruits have fared well as the Tigers have already made it to the SEC Championship Game and A & M has beaten Bama + Auburn. Not bad for newbies...

OSUgirl77

Thoughts for tomorrow?
Tomorrow should be interesting. I think the Buckeyes will beat VA Tech, they've got them at home. Michigan State/Oregon should be a great game. Oregon has no D, and I think Michigan State's is good enough to slow down the Ducks offense, so I'm going with the Spartans. Michigan/Notre Dame could be a good game, not sure how good either team is yet. Should be a good day for football!

Dad 2 M & M

Original Poster
Tomorrow should be interesting. I think the Buckeyes will beat VA Tech, they've got them at home. Michigan State/Oregon should be a great game. Oregon has no D, and I think Michigan State's is good enough to slow down the Ducks offense, so I'm going with the Spartans. Michigan/Notre Dame could be a good game, not sure how good either team is yet. Should be a good day for football!
Wow! What happened yesterday?

OSUgirl77

Wow! What happened yesterday?
Michigan just sucks. Michigan State had that game, they just seemed to fall apart at the end, still a good team though. As for my Buckeyes, I have never witnessed anything like that in my life from them. I've seen them play poorly and, of course lose, but never have they been that all-around horrible. The defense was mediocre. No running game at all - Woody Hayes is spinning in his grave. The offensive line may as well have stayed home. WRs dropping passes. And all under the lights at night in the Horseshoe. It's going to be a long season....

Dad 2 M & M

Original Poster
Wonder if the Pac 10 (whatever it goes by now) is for real? Can't believe ACC is one of the 2 best conferences now.....

OSUgirl77

Wonder if the Pac 10 (whatever it goes by now) is for real? Can't believe ACC is one of the 2 best conferences now.....
The PAC 12 has a few good teams, as does all the other conferences. The top big ten teams are down right now, except for Michigan State, I still think they are a good team. ESPN doesn't talk about the bad teams from other conferences much, but they focus on the ones from the Big Ten. It's why I try not to watch it anymore.

jw24

ESPN only cares about top SEC teams anyway.

They'll be lucky to be bowl eligible with the subpar defense they have. Their defense makes the Giants defense look like Seahawks and 49ers' defense put together!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom