NCAA '14 is here....Who is your team? And what are your expectations?

R W B

I still can't believe that happened. What irritates me is, if an SEC team loses or has a bad game, there's always an excuse. Ohio State was playing with a brand new o-line and freshman QB that hadn't played together much when they lost that game, but that's rarely mentioned. Someone was talking about LSU today, and mentioned that their losses were when they were inexperienced and they are a different team now. When SEC teams have close games, they faced adversity and pulled through. Ohio State has a close one with Penn State, who ALWAYS has their number at night in Happy Valley, and they drop them in the rankings. I know that the big ten is down lately, but the blatant bias against it is getting tiresome.
Call me biased if you want but you can't really compare a LSU/Miss St game vs a Ohio St/Penn St game. What has Penn St done this year?

LSU lines up for go ahead field goal.....Good!! And squibs the kick off out of bounds!! Seriously?
Felt great about that FG and then my blood pressure went right back up on the squib kick.

Bama ties it with :03 left on clock!!
I was screaming and cursing John Chavis that entire drive for not playing bump and run defense like they were the whole game and had it working. I will never understand why teams play prevent D (any version of it) on the last drives of games. Stick with what you've been doing and whats been working for you for 59min.
Bama TD on 1st overtime possession....LSU to try to match!!
Once they scored a TD, ill admit, I had little confidence we would score one too.

Answer this though if you can. Bama opens OT with a 24yd pass. 1st & goal from inside the 1. Then after the play is blown dead Bama gets a dead ball foul and gets pushed back 15yds but some how it becomes 1st & 10 from the 15yd instead of 1st & goal from the 15. How does that work?

How did Bama win that game?
Simple, they didnt. Nothing sickens me more then when LSU beats themselves which happens a lot more then it should. Bama didn't beat us last night, we beat ourselves. Between Quinn's back to back crucial dropped 3rd down passes, personal foul when we were on the 6yd line, kicking out of bounds, playing prevent D on the last drive. I firmly believe that LSU was the better team on the field Saturday might but just couldn't finish.

Bama should've been called for pass interference. Ridiculous.

Ya think??!! On third down as well!!!
Yes, they should of. What I noticed all game was Bama was constantly shoving and pushing after plays but yet one of the few times our guys did it, we get called.

It's good to be Alabama...
It is, they have a lot of things go their way. Hard to believe its all luck.

Dad 2 M & M

Original Poster
Call me biased if you want but you can't really compare a LSU/Miss St game vs a Ohio St/Penn St game. What has Penn St done this year?

Answer this though if you can. Bama opens OT with a 24yd pass. 1st & goal from inside the 1. Then after the play is blown dead Bama gets a dead ball foul and gets pushed back 15yds but some how it becomes 1st & 10 from the 15yd instead of 1st & goal from the 15. How does that work?

It is, they have a lot of things go their way. Hard to believe its all luck.
The penalty was dead ball and actually was the equivalent of a penalty on 1st down (happened after the gain resulted in 1st down).

jdmdisney99

Honestly their that close. PSU is really right there. This year is a transitional year. The Northwestern game was a fluke in which they overlooked the Wildcats, but outside of that they are basically 13 points from being 9-0. Some bad calls and questionable offensive play(calling) led to that. Though I definitely agree with the two games not being very comparable this year. However, it has become a very exciting rivalry which I think should be Penn State's trophy game. They are border rivals after all. And we can finally drop this one in Lake Erie...
land-grant-trophy.jpg

R W B

Honestly their that close. PSU is really right there. This year is a transitional year. The Northwestern game was a fluke in which they overlooked the Wildcats, but outside of that they are basically 13 points from being 9-0. Some bad calls and questionable offensive play(calling) led to that. Though I definitely agree with the two games not being very comparable this year. However, it has become a very exciting rivalry which I think should be Penn State's trophy game. They are border rivals after all. And we can finally drop this one in Lake Erie...
land-grant-trophy.jpg
I know the past 2 seasons O'Brian had them on the right path and they were pretty decent, seems like they took a step back this year but its understand. Most teams go through a transitional year, LSU is this year as well.

jdmdisney99

I know the past 2 seasons O'Brian had them on the right path and they were pretty decent, seems like they took a step back this year but its understand. Most teams go through a transitional year, LSU is this year as well.
If O'Brien stayed, Hack would be a completely different player. Different system, different coaches. As long as we're still consistently over .500, I'm happy. Personally, I think we'll be back big in 2016 as long as Hack stays for his senior year. Oh and I agree that it's definitely a transition year for LSU. They look like they'll be very good next year.

OSUgirl77

Ugh, I can't believe FSU pulled that out. Not impressed with them though. It'll be interesting to see what the selection committee does with them and TCU. Almost losing to Kansas is pretty bad. Arizona St. is losing, too. This season is crazy!

R W B

LSU = pathetic today! Team looked like they didn't even care after the Bama game last week which this isn't the first time that's happen with the Tigers. Keep telling myself this year was just a bonus year and this team will really show itself the next 2 seasons. We're so young right now.

My top four -
1, Bama (kills me)
2, Oregon
3, FSU (can't wait for them to get crushed in a playoff game!)
4, Miss St (losing to Bama isn't the worst)

Dad 2 M & M

Original Poster
Ugh, I can't believe FSU pulled that out. Not impressed with them though. It'll be interesting to see what the selection committee does with them and TCU. Almost losing to Kansas is pretty bad. Arizona St. is losing, too. This season is crazy!
If they have Bama and FSU paired, either 2 & 3, or 1 & 4, SCREAM as LOUD as you can CONSPIRACY!! My guess (if conspiracy is legit) is the committee would want to guarantee TCU or Oregon is in the Final.

For what its worth...If OSU wins out, I can't put Baylor or TCU in ahead of the Buckeyes...
LSU = pathetic today! Team looked like they didn't even care after the Bama game last week which this isn't the first time that's happen with the Tigers. Keep telling myself this year was just a bonus year and this team will really show itself the next 2 seasons. We're so young right now.

My top four -
1, Bama (kills me)
2, Oregon
3, FSU (can't wait for them to get crushed in a playoff game!)
4, Miss St (losing to Bama isn't the worst)

Bama paired with Miss State wouldn't surprise me either! Wouldn't want both to make it to the Final.....

While I can't stand FSU, and do think they are overrated, they ARE undefeated!! To put Oregon ahead is a joke!! I still can't figure out why Auburn or Miami couldn't/weren't able to go for the jugular when they had FSU down by so many!!

And another thing!! Using the "logic" of good losses, Miss State could stay #1? Dah he HHE!!!

R W B

If they have Bama and FSU paired, either 2 & 3, or 1 & 4, SCREAM as LOUD as you can CONSPIRACY!! My guess (if conspiracy is legit) is the committee would want to guarantee TCU or Oregon is in the Final.

For what its worth...If OSU wins out, I can't put Baylor or TCU in ahead of the Buckeyes...

Bama paired with Miss State wouldn't surprise me either! Wouldn't want both to make it to the Final.....

While I can't stand FSU, and do think they are overrated, they ARE undefeated!! To put Oregon ahead is a joke!! I still can't figure out why Auburn or Miami couldn't/weren't able to go for the jugular when they had FSU down by so many!!

And another thing!! Using the "logic" of good losses, Miss State could stay #1? Dah he HHE!!!
I'm going off of what the playoff committee has already shown and they have rewarded teams for "good losses". After Ole miss lost to LSU they were still #4 (since dropped more).

Also, I would take TCU and/or Baylor both over Ohio State. Losing to Virginia Tech is the worst loss when you compare those 3 1 loss teams.

If you wanna go by just being undefeated then why don't you put Marshall #1/2? They haven't lost yet. FSU just does not look good this year, you can't play mediocre teams, go down by 17+ 4 different games and expect to win a championship.

Dad 2 M & M

Original Poster
If you wanna go by just being undefeated then why don't you put Marshall #1/2? They haven't lost yet. FSU just does not look good this year, you can't play mediocre teams, go down by 17+ 4 different games and expect to win a championship.
I would agree to a certain extent, but would assert the ACC compares to the Pac 12 and Conference USA does not....Truth be told, no one stands out this year, even Bama. My guess would be FSU stays undefeated, and would only lose to the SEC representative in the playoff - I don't see TCU, Oregon, Baylor, or Ohio State beating them (hate to say that, but t FSU keeps winning ugly). Still not convinced Bama will beat Auburn AND win the SEC Championship game....if Bama loses the SEC Championship game, and Miss State still has only 1 loss, the Bulldogs could still go....

Cam Eplion

Louisville fan here, decent first year in the ACC being lead by Petrino, a tough season with 3 losses from Virginia, Clemson, and FSU. With Notre Dame and UK left I expect a close one for both games. The FSU game had me screaming, yelling words at the TV I shouldn't have said lol, and then throwing and cracking my iPad. It's been an interesting season for this UofL fan...hopefully a good basketball season is in store for us.

R W B

I would agree to a certain extent, but would assert the ACC compares to the Pac 12 and Conference USA does not....Truth be told, no one stands out this year, even Bama. My guess would be FSU stays undefeated, and would only lose to the SEC representative in the playoff - I don't see TCU, Oregon, Baylor, or Ohio State beating them (hate to say that, but t FSU keeps winning ugly). Still not convinced Bama will beat Auburn AND win the SEC Championship game....if Bama loses the SEC Championship game, and Miss State still has only 1 loss, the Bulldogs could still go....
I can see any of those 5 teams you mentioned beating FSU. I do agree, I think Bama has the best chance though. I do agree that miss st still had a chance, I don't think they're out of it now though lol.

Louisville fan here, decent first year in the ACC being lead by Petrino, a tough season with 3 losses from Virginia, Clemson, and FSU. With Notre Dame and UK left I expect a close one for both games. The FSU game had me screaming, yelling words at the TV I shouldn't have said lol, and then throwing and cracking my iPad. It's been an interesting season for this UofL fan...hopefully a good basketball season is in store for us.
Your team had me screaming too! FSU is this years most over rated team IMO and can't wait for them to play somebody that will actually play for a full 60min.

Cam Eplion

I can see any of those 5 teams you mentioned beating FSU. I do agree, I think Bama has the best chance though. I do agree that miss st still had a chance, I don't think they're out of it now though lol.

Your team had me screaming too! FSU is this years most over rated team IMO and can't wait for them to play somebody that will actually play for a full 60min.
IMO Something fishy is going on with the NCAA, FSU, and Jameis...

Cam Eplion

If only Penn State had an offense...

:shakes head:
I was actually at the Penn State and Indiana game 2 weeks back, Penn States defense was phenomenal, while their offence let IU score their only points of the game. I remember one drive in the game where PSU was in the red zone and instead of getting 4 attempts they got 6 or 7 because of penalty's on IU. IU's defense stopped them every single time and then blocked the field goal. It wasn't an impressive outing for the offence in that game.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom