NCAA '14 is here....Who is your team? And what are your expectations?

Squirlz

That was a real Kent State massacre today wasn't it?
acae.gif
(Yeah I'm going to hell)

OSUgirl77

That was a real Kent State massacre today wasn't it?
acae.gif
(Yeah I'm going to hell)
I know the Buckeyes suck this year. We lost our O-line to the NFL, and our QB to injury. I was shocked they looked that good today, even against Kent State. Maybe the season isn't totally lost...

OSUgirl77

Well fans of Big 10 teams, this is Gary Turnova. He will be helping you win all your games against us this season.
I watched that game (I'm married to a Penn State fan), and you guys have a good team. Fewer turnovers and you win. I think Rutgers might do better than anyone thought this year.

acishere

I watched that game (I'm married to a Penn State fan), and you guys have a good team. Fewer turnovers and you win. I think Rutgers might do better than anyone thought this year.
The turnovers issue won't be solved as long as Nova is the starter. This is an issue he has been unable to fix for a while now. The defense looks great though.

jw24

Bulldogs turn into puppies again...nothing new here

Why on earth was Todd Gurley not used? He's arguably the best RB in the SEC and Georgia called three pass plays with goal to go only to then miss the potential tying FG.

The turnovers issue won't be solved as long as Nova is the starter. This is an issue he has been unable to fix for a while now. The defense looks great though.

And the special teams. Almost 40 blocked kicks since 2009.

Dad 2 M & M

Original Poster
Why on earth was Todd Gurley not used? He's arguably the best RB in the SEC and Georgia called three pass plays with goal to go only to then miss the potential tying FG.

And the special teams. Almost 40 blocked kicks since 2009.

Uhhhh....they're savin him for when it counts? No clue!!

Ulysses McGill

I'm an Alabama fan, and so far, this team is pretty much exactly what I thought they'd be this year.

The only real surprise is just how explosive the offense has been with Lane Kiffin calling the plays, and having a converted running back under center at QB. This is by far the best coaching he has done since he was a coordinator at Southern Cal more than 10 years ago.

The defense, however, might need a re-think. They're shaky at the best of times, and if Jeff Driskel were any sort of capable passer, Florida would have been in position to win the last game. Unless Nick Saban and Kirby Smart's ability to evaluate players on defense is slipping, there is no excuse for why receivers are getting open at will and consistently as they are right now.

I felt confident that we could escape September unscathed, but with Ole Miss, Texas A&M and Auburn still to play, we're going to trip up at some point, unless our offense totally protects our defense from needing to win any games for us, because I just don't see that side of the ball performing in a clutch situation.

OSUgirl77

Florida State no longer looks invincible either, even when Winston is playing. This season could get interesting if Bama and FSU both lose.

Ulysses McGill

Florida State no longer looks invincible either, even when Winston is playing. This season could get interesting if Bama and FSU both lose.

Florida State right now, incidentally, has characteristics of the 2010 Bama team. Load of talent, plenty of returning veterans, but maybe a little too satisfied with their accomplishments last season.

I really believe that Alabama will lose, but looking at FSU's schedule, I don't know who could stand up to them until they get to a bowl/playoff. The only possibility *might* be Boston College, and that's even pretty unlikely.

Dad 2 M & M

Original Poster
If, and I say IF they BOTH lose (Bama probably will, and might lose twice) the team that might disrupt this is Notre Dame.....if ND DOESN'T lose, then one of the Bigs is out.

Florida State right now, incidentally, has characteristics of the 2010 Bama team. Load of talent, plenty of returning veterans, but maybe a little too satisfied with their accomplishments last season.

I really believe that Alabama will lose, but looking at FSU's schedule, I don't know who could stand up to them until they get to a bowl/playoff. The only possibility *might* be Boston College, and that's even pretty unlikely.
At Season's END (including Conference Championship Games) I see only 2 ways FSU to NOT to get in the playoff:

1) We have Big 12, Pac 12, Notre Dame ALL Undefeated, the SEC Champion has 1 loss or less, and FSU has 1 loss. If all of that happens, and the 1 loss SEC Champ is Bama or Auburn, they might leave out FSU. FSU with 1 loss gets in ahead of any 1 loss Conference Champion, other than the SEC Champ.

2) FSU Loses Twice...As mentioned, BC is a maybe, and some might dream of Miami or Florida....

A possibility for real disruption...the Undefeated SEC West Division Champ (could be Auburn, Bama, Ole Miss, or A & M) loses to a 1 loss Georgia or South Carolina in the SEC Championship! Would the 1 loss SEC West team get in over a 1 loss Big 12 champ??

Lastly, for the Big 10 Champ to get in, they have to be 1 loss and Notre Dame, Big 12, and Pac 12 Champs ALL have to have 2 losses.

Dad 2 M & M

Original Poster
Oregon is the first "big" to fall...many great games this weekend:

1) Bama vs Ole Miss
2) Texas A & M vs Miss State
3) Stanford vs ND

to name a few.........

OSUgirl77

1) Bama vs Ole Miss
3) Stanford vs ND

to name a few.........
ND can easily lose, they aren't that good. Bama could lose. I still think everyone will have one loss at the end of the season, including Florida State.

StageFrenzy

1) Bama vs Ole Miss
3) Stanford vs ND

to name a few.........
Bama will Roll, I'd be more worried if they were in Bryant Denny
A&M should aggie
I think ND will put up a good fight and squeak it out. I hate ND

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom