Nasty incident outside Club Cool at Epcot tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

mergatroid

Original Poster
Hi guys, had a look but couldn't see this posted elsewhere. Mrs M and I were in a very crowded Epcot tonight to have a meal at The Rose and Crown and to emjoy IllumiNations. We arrived late afternoon and did a bit in Future World before heading over to World Showcase, Around 7:30pm as we approached Club Cool to get our free drinks we could see a commotion ahead with a lot of angry shouting and movement. As we got close to the entrance there was an angry crowd with people pointing and shouting and there was a nasty atmosphere in the air. A guy lay flat out face down on the concrete with another guy kneeling on his back with his hand pressing the guys face firmly into the floor. The staff had come out of Club Cool and were getting people to move away from the area where possible and people were shouting at the guy held on the floor.

A couple nearby told me that the guy on the floor had been swinging a stick at peoples legs and had then taken a random stranger off her feet with it before a passer by had intervened and 'took him down' for everyones protection. Another guy was telling everyone 'not to panic' and that 'the guy restraining him was a marine' and 'all was ok'. The Club Cool staff member then said that 'security was on their way' and so we ventured in to sample the drinks in the now deserted Club Cool.

The whole thing seemed surreal as I've never witnessed anything (or at least the aftermath of anything) like it before at Disney. Seems like the idiot got what was coming to him anyway, but just wondered if anyone had heard anymore of this unpleasant incident?

mergatroid

Original Poster
Yikes! If what you heard is all true, kudos to the guest who took control and subdued the assailant. I hope his visit isn't tarnished by having to deal with any legalities. Turn the jerk over to the law and continue on.

Well we saw a girl in tears on the floor close by with people consoling her so it seemed to match what we had been told, Disney staff were chatting to this girl also so hopefully all this would help the guy who allegedly 'intervened'. The guy pinning him down looked very calm and focused as though he had been trained and knew exactly what he was doing.

FettFan

Hi guys, had a look but couldn't see this posted elsewhere. Mrs M and I were in a very crowded Epcot tonight to have a meal at The Rose and Crown and to emjoy IllumiNations. We arrived late afternoon and did a bit in Future World before heading over to World Showcase, Around 7:30pm as we approached Club Cool to get our free drinks we could see a commotion ahead with a lot of angry shouting and movement. As we got close to the entrance there was an angry crowd with people pointing and shouting and there was a nasty atmosphere in the air. A guy lay flat out face down on the concrete with another guy kneeling on his back with his hand pressing the guys face firmly into the floor. The staff had come out of Club Cool and were getting people to move away from the area where possible and people were shouting at the guy held on the floor.

A couple nearby told me that the guy on the floor had been swinging a stick at peoples legs and had then taken a random stranger off her feet with it before a passer by had intervened and 'took him down' for everyones protection. Another guy was telling everyone 'not to panic' and that 'the guy restraining him was a marine' and 'all was ok'. The Club Cool staff member then said that 'security was on their way' and so we ventured in to sample the drinks in the now deserted Club Cool.

The whole thing seemed surreal as I've never witnessed anything (or at least the aftermath of anything) like it before at Disney. Seems like the idiot got what was coming to him anyway, but just wondered if anyone had heard anymore of this unpleasant incident?

You know what would make it more unpleasant?

If the guy "swinging a stick" was actually blind and the "random stranger" fell down on her own accord.

It's happened before.

Megalodumb

You know what would make it more unpleasant?

If the guy "swinging a stick" was actually blind and the "random stranger" fell down on her own accord.

It's happened before.
That was exactly my first thought when reading what happened. Hopefully that isn't the case.

This certainly isn't the first obscure incident witnessed by the OP.
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/i-met-a-really-strange-chap-at-disney-have-you.836492/
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/some-guy-broke-my-nose-at-epcot.753580/
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/whats-the-most-surprising-thing-youve-seen-at-disney.862181/

THEMEPARKPIONEER

That wasn't a fight,wrist was Epcots new vershion of Horizons, they didn't want to make a full ride out of it because they thought the future would be to scarey for some of the audience.

rnese

Come on now. Who here at some point HASN'T been frustrated with life...maybe been laid-off from work? Possibly received notice that you're being audited by the IRS? Didn't get that promotion?...So what do you do? Plan a trip to Disney, head on over to EPCOT...and take your frustrations out on total strangers outside of the Cool Zone? Seems like a totally rational act to me!;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom