NASCAR 2016

wdwfan4ver

NASCAR Hall of Fame announced Clay Earles as the winner of the Landmark award. Clay actually was one of the original pioneers of stock racing and was the founder of Martinsville Speedway.

NASCAR Hall of Fame of Fame also announced the 5 people that got voted into the 2017 NASCAR Hall of Fame Class.
They are Benny Parsons, Rick Hendrick, Mark Martin, Raymond Parks, and Richard Childress.

The top three highest vote getters not inducted are Robert Yates, Red Byron, and Alan Kulwicki.

MOXOMUMD

Original Poster
DSCN1683-3.jpg

Coca-Cola 600, Charlotte

1. Martin Truex Jr.
2. Kevin Harvick
3. Jimmie Johnson

wdwfan4ver

Joe Gibbs Racing did a sponsorship announcement for Matt Kenseth today. Joe Gibbs Racing announced that they reached a multi year deal for DeWalt to be a primary Sponsor. All I know about that deal is that DeWalt would be a primary Sponsor for 15 races next year.

wdwfan4ver

Auto Racing Legend Carl Haas died at the age of 86 of Alzheimer's Disease. He had an impact in Auto racing on multiple levels and was named one of the most powerful men in Auto Racing.

I first heard of Carl Haas back in the 1980's. Cart was first the first Auto Racing series I watched back in the 1980's. I was a fan of Michael Andretti growing up and Michael Andretti raced for Newman-Haas for most of his Cart career.

Carl was a co-Car owner of the Legendary Newman-Haas racing team. Actor and Sportscar driver Paul Newman was of the other owner of the team. Newman-Haas in my book was the best CART/Indycar team that never won the Indy 500. Newman-Haas won over 100 CART/Indycar wins, and 8 CART/Indycar Championships before it went away after 2011.

Carl Haas actually was well known in Auto Racing before him and Paul Newman formed Newman-Haas. Based on what I read, Carl Haas actually started racing in the 1950's as a driver and won several races before he retired in the early 1960's. He retired to focus on team ownership and race related businesses. Carl Haas matter of fact owned a business that was involved in racing distribution deals including gearboxes.

He owned race team teams in F1, Can-an Series, Formula 5000, and Formula Super Vee. Carl also was a co-owner of a NASCAR team with Travis Carter.

Carl's impact in racing is more than his driving, ownership, and his business. Carl was a involved in different race track and race team sanctioning bodies. Carl was on the Board of Director for Road of America, Promoter of the Milwaukee Mile, Chairmen of the SCCA Pro Racing series, and served on the on CART's Board of Governors until the body folded in 2003

Last edited:

wdwfan4ver

There are three things about Carl Haas that needs do to known since the AP or Yahoo made a mistake due to a picture they shown with the false claim it was Carl Haas. The picture the AP showed was Gene Haas with Tony Stewart for the 2011 cup celebration after the homestead race, not Carl Haas.

The 2nd thing is Carl Haas never was an owner for Stewart Haas or was involved in any form with Stewart-Haas.

The third thing is Carl Haas and Gene Haas are not related to each other and never were business partners. That in return means Gene was the sole owner of Haas CNC Racing before Tony bought into Gene's cup team.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom