NASCAR 2015

wdwfan4ver

I think Kevin will win it. Kevin has more speed than the other 3. Kyle Busch is better in the chase than he's been in the past, but the 18 team was faster in July and August.

I don't like the 24 at homestead due the the 24 doesn't the have the speed on mile and a half tracks. The 78 team to me is going to finish 3rd or 4th in the standings unless problems happen to the 4 and the 18 cars.

artvandelay

The rumor is Petty the top 2 drivers Petty is looking at is David Ragan, and Chris Buescher. I think David Ragan would be a bad fit. David tends to underachieve in the equipment he's in like he did at Roush. David is at his best at plate tracks, but that's only 4 races a year unlike around 2040. I mention 2040 because I think Michigan International Speedway got repaved 2013 and I think the next repaving would force NASCAR to do something more than a tapered spacer.

I think Chris Buescher would be a good choice, but I think Roush wouldn't allow Chris to go there.
What about Ryan Blaney? He's done well in the Wood Brothers car. Not sure if he's a Penske development driver or Roush.

artvandelay

I think Harvick is going to win the race and championship. SHR has been very fast ( the 4 and 41) at almost every track this year.

Here's a question. What does Hendrick do with Kasey Kahne? His team has been the worst performer at HMS. Does Mr H shift the teams around and make it Eliot and Johnson in a new 24/48 shop and Kahne going with Junior in a new 5/88 shop?

wdwfan4ver

What about Ryan Blaney? He's done well in the Wood Brothers car. Not sure if he's a Penske development driver or Roush.
Ryan Blaney isn't even being considered for the 9 car. The deal with Ryan Blaney with the Wood Brothers is the Wood Brothers are using Penske equipment due to Ryan being a Penske development driver. What I know is Penske wants Ryan Blaney to race full time in cup and want him to driver for them full time in cup. The problem is they don't the sponsors to do that in 2016, but are hoping to do so in 2017.

There was mentioned in a recent USA Today article that also stated Penske has a long term plan of wanting a 4 cup team operation

artvandelay

Ryan Blaney is racing full time in cup next year with the Wood Bros.

There is bad new for Roush. Ortho will not be sponsoring Greg Biffle next year. They sponsored Greg Biffle for 15 races this year.
The hits just keep coming for Roush. It's only a short time ago that they had 5 Sprint Cup teams and top drivers like Carl Edwards, Matt Kenseth and Jamie MacMurray.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Hey, @MOXOMUMD , any predictions for the Chase winner at Homestead, on Sunday? :) I think that no matter who wins, this will be a very exciting race overall. It's also Jeff Gordon's last race of his career, so that will add an additional element of excitement for the race fans.

wdwfan4ver

The hits just keep coming for Roush. It's only a short time ago that they had 5 Sprint Cup teams and top drivers like Carl Edwards, Matt Kenseth and Jamie MacMurray.
True. NASCAR did force Roush to cut down to 4 teams, but Jack picked the wrong driver in letting Jamie go instead of David Ragan although Jamie was not a great fit at Roush. David is a driver who tends to underachieve his equipment.

I am going to say it now that Greg Biffle will not be back with Roush after 2016 season. Greg does still have some sponsors with Roush like Cheez-it for 2016, but he's age is a problem for drawing more sponsors with him being 46 in December.

MOXOMUMD

Original Poster
Hey, @MOXOMUMD , any predictions for the Chase winner at Homestead, on Sunday? :) I think that no matter who wins, this will be a very exciting race overall. It's also Jeff Gordon's last race of his career, so that will add an additional element of excitement for the race fans.
Sorry I'm tardy to the party here but I was cheering for Kyle because he made a tremendous comeback from his injury. :)

MOXOMUMD

Original Poster
1e5f380b3cd15ec26240fb037fea38fd.jpeg

Ford Ecoboost 400, Homestesd-Miami

1. Kyle Busch
2. Kevin Harvick
3. Brad Keselowski

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Best wishes to Jeff Gordon as he enters the next phase of his life. Although I'm sure he'll still be somewhat involved in racing (perhaps a future announcer, or occasional sports TV host), this will be a big change for him. I heard that he also has quite a few endorsements. I will miss seeing him on the race track, though.

Congratulations to Kyle Busch for winning the championship. Have to give credit to the man; his determination and recovery efforts from prior injuries was inspirational.

Congratulations also to Kevin Harvick, one of my absolutely favorite racers, for his impressive 2nd place in the in the Sprint Cup Championship.

Looking ahead, the Daytona 500 will be on February 21, 2016--I'll be watching! :) Until then, happy holidays to all NASCAR race fans! :happy:

artvandelay

Best wishes to Jeff Gordon as he enters the next phase of his life. Although I'm sure he'll still be somewhat involved in racing (perhaps a future announcer, or occasional sports TV host), this will be a big change for him. I heard that he also has quite a few endorsements. I will miss seeing him on the race track, though.

Jeff Gordon will be in the announcing booth for Fox next season. Also, he has a lifetime contract with Hendrick Motorsports and is part owner of the 48 team, so he'll be still at the track a lot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom