NASCAR 2014

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Duck Commander 500, Texas

1. Joey Logano
2. Jeff Gordon
3. Kyle Buschh

I caught the last 28 or so laps this afternoon. The ending under the green/white checker flag for Joey Logano was very exciting. Congratulations to the # 22 and Team Penske. I was also glad to see Jeff Gordon do so well, too. (Jeff is up there in my top 5 racers overall.) Felt bad for the fans, though, who were there in the stands yesterday when the race was rained out, and could not attend today, as witnessed by some sections of empty stands.

Oh, thought I'd pass along that Joey Logano mentioned something in his post-race interview about this coming Wednesday. I think he said that if you're a Shell Saver card holder, you get 22 cents off a gallon, this Wednesday, because of his win. (I think the tag line is WINSday for that promotion by Shell.)

artvandelay

Duck Commander 500, Texas

1. Joey Logano
2. Jeff Gordon
3. Kyle Busch
Strong finish for Gordon, and a great call by Alan Gustafson to take 2 tires and go for the win. Gordon now has the points lead. Even if the points leader at the end of the regular season doesn't win a race, they get in the Chase.

Looking forward to Darlington Saturday night. I'm taking a cross country flight and will be able to watch the whole race. Thanks jetblue.

MOXOMUMD

Original Poster
Strong finish for Gordon, and a great call by Alan Gustafson to take 2 tires and go for the win. Gordon now has the points lead. Even if the points leader at the end of the regular season doesn't win a race, they get in the Chase.

Looking forward to Darlington Saturday night. I'm taking a cross country flight and will be able to watch the whole race. Thanks jetblue.
What a way to watch a race. :) Praying for NO rain! (or flight delays for you)

MinnieM123

Premium Member

I love airplanes, and I also love watching race cars dash around the track. Sounds like you'll have an unbeatable combination, seated in an airplane cruising above 30,000 feet, and watching the Darlington race "up there" !!!! Wow! (Think I'm just a tad bit jealous here . . . )

Enjoy!

MOXOMUMD

Original Poster
POINT LEADERS (after 8 races)

1. Jeff Gordon..............297
2. Matt Kenseth...........296
3. Carl Edwards...........278

Last edited:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Got to watch the entire race. First time in a long time that I got to watch the whole thing. Harvick had the dominant car. Glad he won. good night for Hendrick Motorsports.

Glad you caught the entire race while flying cross-country! Yes, Harvick had a great night.

Tough break, though, for the # 41, on the restart of lap 369, under the green/white checker. Kurt had a decent race up to that point, until he came in contact with Clint Boyer's car, and went careening into the wall.

artvandelay

Glad you caught the entire race while flying cross-country! Yes, Harvick had a great night.

Tough break, though, for the # 41, on the restart of lap 369, under the green/white checker. Kurt had a decent race up to that point, until he came in contact with Clint Boyer's car, and went careening into the wall.
Kurt was not too happy with Clint. Looked like Kurt backed off the throttle slightly and Clint didn't lift in time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom