NASCAR 2014

artvandelay

Martinsville this weekend—shortest track in the circuit. Now, I've always been a fan of the (much larger) super-speedways, as I love it when you get three cars together, top to bottom on the track, at tremendous speeds and all trying to advance ahead. Love the long straight-aways, too. However, I have developed an appreciation of those drivers who seem to thrive on the shorter tracks as well. It's a different skill set for both, and I'm in awe of how well all these drivers handle those powerful vehicles, regardless of track size. (I can't even parallel park a car . . .)

So, peeps, do you have a favorite—short or long-track racing? :)
Short tracks.

artvandelay

Looking like the weather will cooperate and they'll race tomorrow. The trucks were cancelled today, but will race after the Cup race. For $42 you can buy a ticket to watch both races! Wish I could go.

My prediction for tomorrow is....Dale Jr. Hoping for Gordon to win. But I think Jr. takes it.

MOXOMUMD

Original Poster
Wish I could go too! :D I wonder how many races we'll go until we get a repeat winner. I think Tony Stewart is in the hunt this week.

Last edited:

MOXOMUMD

Original Poster
Sad to hear the passing of Mrs. The King, Lynda Petty. :( And before the STP race of all races.

And Bobby Waltrip has also passed away.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Sad to hear the passing of Mrs. The King, Lynda Petty. :( And before the STP race of all races.

And Bobby Waltrip has also passed away.

Condolences to the families of both of these people.

About 7 years ago, my brother and I visited the Richard Petty Museum in Randleman, North Carolina. (This museum has since moved to Level Cross, North Carolina.) Aside of all the Richard Petty memorabilia, Lynda displayed a lovely doll collection that she wanted to share with visitors to the museum. From everything I've heard and read about her, she was a wonderful family member, and very supportive of the entire Petty family and the sport of auto racing. She will be missed.

MOXOMUMD

Original Poster
I don't understand why they said the prayer and did the anthem but drivers weren't in their cars. :confused: I totally missed it but did they have a flyover?

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I don't understand why they said the prayer and did the anthem but drivers weren't in their cars. :confused: I totally missed it but did they have a flyover?

Don't know--been on the computer here (shared computer time at home & my time is almost up), and I'll check out the race in a few minutes. I hate late starts; it seems to screw up the momentum of the race.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
They cancelled tonight. Race will start at 12:08 pm (eastern time) tomorrow on Fox.

I have a day off from work today, and hopefully can tune in later this afternoon and see some of the race. We're only 7 races into the season, and I still don't see any clear leaders yet. With a wide open field (so far), I think it actually makes for a more interesting season overall; because it keep the fans guessing as to who will win the championship. :)

MOXOMUMD

Original Poster
Now with a win=chase, I think more drivers have the gumption to go for that victory. I always hated when the season was getting close to the Chase cutoff and a lot of drivers (even really good ones) just weren't living up to their potential because they were out of the running.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom