NASCAR 2014

MOXOMUMD

Original Poster
Thinking good thoughts for Jimmy Johnson. He passed out after getting out of his car post race and had to be taken to the medical center. :( Hopefully it's just some dehydration and he'll be back on his feet after an IV and rest.

Edit--yep, dehydration

Last edited:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
@MinnieM123 I hope you remembered it's a night race. :)

Thank you, and I even remembered this time! ;) Unfortunately, I dozed off before the end of the race! :banghead:

I was reading (Fox Sports) Kevin Harvick's comments about the fan who climbed the fence, with just 69 laps left in the race. Kevin was somewhat surprised at the yellow caution for this, as he referenced the first race he won, there was a whole backstretch grandstand hanging on the fence, and they never threw a caution then. (IMO, I'm glad they asked the man to get down; it didn't look too safe up there, not to mention some of the fans drink a bit too much; it could be an accident waiting to happen.) Denny Hamlin wasn't amused by the fan, and said the caution ended up costing him two laps.

Per (USA Today) Smoke is out of the Chase, despite the 3-race waiver.

A big night for Brad Keselowski for the win, and by lap 252, he had also set a new personal best record of leading 234 of those laps.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Thinking good thoughts for Jimmy Johnson. He passed out after getting out of his car post race and had to be taken to the medical center. :( Hopefully it's just some dehydration and he'll be back on his feet after an IV and rest.

Edit--yep, dehydration

Quite frankly, I'm amazed this doesn't happen more often and to more of the drivers.

wdwfan4ver

Of all the drivers in NASCAR, I'm surprised it was Jimmie johnson who went down with dehydration. He is in excellent shape and is a triathlete. He had 5 liters of fluid put into his system at the infield care center.
Jimmie's cooling system malfunctioned.

Any Driver would have some type of a problem after a race when their their cooling system or anything for cooling down the driver malfunctions during a race including one of the toughest drivers all time Ricky Rudd.

Ricky Rudd had to deal with a air cooling system failure issue back in 1998 at Martinsville on a hot day and Rudd couldn't even get out of the car under his own power after the race despite winning the race. Rudd even needed oxygen before he got interviewed for his race win. Rudd suffered from dehydration and burns and won the race despite that.

What made Rudd's worse than Jimmie's was Rudd's crew actually dumped cold water into Rudd's seat in the pits and the water turned into steam while Rudd was racing under green flag.

Last edited:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Jimmie's cooling system malfunctioned.

Any Driver would have some type of a problem after a race when their their cooling system or anything for cooling down the driver malfunctions during a race including one of the toughest drivers all time Ricky Rudd.

Ricky Rudd to had to deal with a air cooling system failure issue back in 1998 at Martinsville on a hot day and Rudd couldn't even get out of the car under his own power after the race despite winning the race. Rudd even needed oxygen before he got interviewed for his race win. Rudd suffered from dehydration and burns and won the race despite that.

What made Rudd's worse than Jimmie's was Rudd's crew actually dumped cold water into Rudd's seat in the pits and the water turned into steam while Rudd was racing under green flag.

Thank you for sharing the information about how Jimmy's cooling system malfunctioned. It can get so hot in those cars on the track, and he must have been beyond uncomfortable, to say the least.

Even more fascinating was the story about Ricky Rudd; I had never heard that one before, either. I only sporadically watched Nascar before 2000, so I was unfamiliar with that incident. Talk about a skilled driver, to pull off a win under those conditions (and not to mention, trying to see through the steam while racing under the green flag!). Great story! :happy: Thanks again for your post.

artvandelay

Macros Ambrose will be going back to Australia after this season and will not being racing for Richard Petty next year.

To me, Ambrose is one of the best drivers on a road course I seen in NASCAR ever. I hope Marcos will get a ride in the V8 Supercars.
I liked Ambrose. He was great at the road courses and short tracks. Rumor is that Sam Hornish will get another shot in cup in the #9 car.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom