NASCAR 2014

artvandelay

@RadiatorSpringsRacer great post. I agree with everything except the Indy series poised to dominate. Indy racing has has a lot of the problems that NASCAR has (ratings decline and boring races).

With NASCAR and Disney, most people see the problems and have ideas for the solutions, but entrenched powers prevent progress. With NASCAR, the track owners prevent major changes to the schedule and track selection. Most people would love to see more short track racing and another road course, but ISC and SMI do not want to lose any of the dates or 1.5 mile tracks they already have.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Top 5 in the Sprint Cup Standings:
1. Jeff Gordon; 2. Jr.; 3. Brad Keselowski; 4. Matt Kenseth; 5. Jimmie Johnson.

Sunday at 1:00 p.m.: racing at the Brickyard. Note: I went to the Nascar site this morning to look at their schedule page, and I couldn't see what network is broadcasting the race. This is frustrating; sometimes their site is annoying, not to mention it seems to take forever to load on my computer. Anyone know what station is broadcasting the race?

MinnieM123

Premium Member
@RadiatorSpringsRacer great post. I agree with everything except the Indy series poised to dominate. Indy racing has has a lot of the problems that NASCAR has (ratings decline and boring races).

With NASCAR and Disney, most people see the problems and have ideas for the solutions, but entrenched powers prevent progress. With NASCAR, the track owners prevent major changes to the schedule and track selection. Most people would love to see more short track racing and another road course, but ISC and SMI do not want to lose any of the dates or 1.5 mile tracks they already have.

You may be right in that a number of fans enjoy the shorter tracks, and the road courses, but I still love the super speedways! :) (I think it's exciting to see them whizz around at speeds up to 200 mph!)

MOXOMUMD

Original Poster
Top 5 in the Sprint Cup Standings:
1. Jeff Gordon; 2. Jr.; 3. Brad Keselowski; 4. Matt Kenseth; 5. Jimmie Johnson.

Sunday at 1:00 p.m.: racing at the Brickyard. Note: I went to the Nascar site this morning to look at their schedule page, and I couldn't see what network is broadcasting the race. This is frustrating; sometimes their site is annoying, not to mention it seems to take forever to load on my computer. Anyone know what station is broadcasting the race?
The broadcasting now switches to ESPN for the remainder of the season with a few on ABC sprinkled in.

MOXOMUMD

Original Poster
Yesterday in the Nationwide, Ty Dillon ran out of gas during his victory burnout. Talk about cutting your gas close. Thank goodness there wasn't a yellow at the end.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Brickyard 400, Indianapolis

1. Jeff Gordon
2. Kyle Busch
3. Denny Hamlin

Jeff had a great race! He and his team were thrilled to win again at the Brickyard. (I know this was a first win with Jeff for the crew chief, who was most eager to get the win at Indy.)

I'm really curious about Carl Edwards, now that he's announced he's leaving Roush for next season. I wonder where he's going? (I miss his back flips by the way; I thought those were fun!) :joyfull:

wdwfan4ver

I'm really curious about Carl Edwards, now that he's announced he's leaving Roush for next season. I wonder where he's going? (I miss his back flips by the way; I thought those were fun!) :joyfull:
I know Carl turned down an offer to Richard Childress Racing. I remembered Brad mentioned on Twitter that Carl isn't going to Penske and Penske confirmed what Brad said by a statement they made last month or the month prior that Carl isn't going to Penske. Ford also confirmed today that Carl's not going another Ford organization.

Everything right now points to Carl going to Joe Gibbs Racing based on what I read online despite the young talent Joe Gibbs Racing has in the wings in Darrell "Bubba" Wallace Jr. and 18 year old Erik Jones.

Last edited:

artvandelay

Jeff had a great race! He and his team were thrilled to win again at the Brickyard. (I know this was a first win with Jeff for the crew chief, who was most eager to get the win at Indy.)

Almost all the NASCAR beat writers are saying the worst secret in the garage is Edwards to Joe Gibbs Racing in a new fourth car. Edwards contract with Rousch prevents him from talking about it until late August, early September. The same thing happened when Matt Kenseth left Rousch to go to JGR. What's surprising is why would Rousch pick today to announce Edwards isn't coming back?! Today was one of the "majors" in NASCAR racing and you want your driver distracted with questions about next year?

artvandelay

HUGE win for the 24 team. Brought a dominate car and came home with the win. Look to the 24 being strong next week at Pocono, too. Can't wait for the Chase to start.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
GoBowling.com 400, Pocono

1. Dale Earnhardt Jr.
2. Kevin Harvick
3. Joey Logano

What an unusual race today! I liked how Brad Keselowski, in lap 2, went into a horizontal skid and superbly got the vehicle back under control within seconds, and kept on going! Then, mid-race, I thought I was watching demolition derby with that huge pile-up. As far as I could tell, the "win" was really up for grabs. I couldn't see any clear winner before the end. Congratulations to Jr. for his win today.

artvandelay

Great win for Jr. Harvick had a great day. After a pit road speeding penalty and being involved in the big wreck, he finished second! Free Bloomin' Onions tomorrow at Outback Steakhouse. The 24 had a great day too, but at the end it was all about clean air.

MOXOMUMD

Original Poster
There is bad news. but I don't want to judge Stewart until all the information is out.

All I read is Tony Stewart hit a Kevin Ward Jr. on a dirt track and Ward passed away. The two was involved an accident earlier on the track.

Source: https://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nasc...igation-at-new-york-dirt-track-042049206.html
I heard that too but I'll wait for the whole story. Right now every sports news outlet is running on pure speculation by those in attendance. I'll say we'll have someone else driving Smoke's car tomorrow.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
There is bad news. but I don't want to judge Stewart until all the information is out.

All I read is Tony Stewart hit a Kevin Ward Jr. on a dirt track and Ward passed away. The two was involved an accident earlier on the track. My thoughts are with Kevin Ward Jr.'s family.

Source: https://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nasc...igation-at-new-york-dirt-track-042049206.html

I agree with all your comments above. Yes, let's wait for news updates/clarification on the story. Tragic.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom