NASCAR 2014

Clamman73

image.jpg

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Ugh. Here we go again. Dang rain!!! 11 a.m. is such an odd time for a start, too, but I'll be watching. (I feel bad for the fans who went there yesterday, and had to leave because of the weather. That's the problem with outdoor events, especially in the summer—although, we've had a lot of rain delays already this season. I just hope the fans don't get overheated in the open stands today, under that intense Florida sun.)

Thought I'd mention that I did enjoy that (taped) interview they had with the "King", Richard Petty. At 77, he's such an amazing individual, and still going strong. I also thought that after they ran that tape, Kyle Petty's comments about his dad were very touching. He spoke about the loss of his mother, and how one of the ways his father dealt with that void in his life, was to come down to the track. He was always welcome there, and the sport and fans provided him some comfort and joy.

Last edited:

Clamman73

Ugh. Here we go again. Dang rain!!! 11 a.m. is such an odd time for a start, too, but I'll be watching. (I feel bad for the fans who went there yesterday, and had to leave because of the weather. That's the problem with outdoor events, especially in the summer—although, we've had a lot of rain delays already this season. I just hope the fans don't get overheated in the open stands today, under that intense Florida sun.)

Thought I'd mention that I did enjoy that (taped) interview they had with the "King", Richard Petty. At 77, he's such an amazing individual, and still going strong. I also thought that after they ran that tape, Kyle Petty's comments about his dad were very touching. He spoke about the loss of his mother, and how one of the ways his father dealt with that void in his life, was to come down to the track. He was always welcome there, and the sport and fans provided him some comfort and joy.
If I remember correctly, I believe they used to start early to beat the heat before it was moved to nighttime.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom