Narcoossee reviews

reptar77

Original Poster
We haven't been to Narcoossee's in a couple years. Every time we go the food has been terrible. My husband wants to give them another try. Has anyone been there recently? Do you have food pics?

PrincessNelly_NJ

I haven't been recently. We went last September. The food was... not what I was expecting.
We had high hopes... we all ordered the filet w/ lobster... well the lobster was fantastic... the steak wasn't good.

About 5-10 minutes after ordering the waitress comes out and ask if we would be okay with them butterflying our filet to ensure they were properly cooked. o_O Now, I went to culinary school myself and one of the most basic skills is knowing how to tell how rare or well done meat is... without needing to cut into it.

We said fine.. they came out and were dry as all hell. It was really thin and almost completely sliced into two pieces. We also weren't fans of the salsa verde they put on top.

We would go back for the lobster but I would leave the steaks to Yachtsman.

Last edited:

PrincessNelly_NJ

These are the only pictures I have from that meal:
20130903_190853_zps3f771b5d.jpg
20130903_194442_zps1ef47cd8.jpg
20130903_194450_zps54d777e8.jpg
20130903_194528_zps4fc7a2e7.jpg

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
We went two years ago, in May. It was decent surf & turf, not much more.
The service was outstanding and the view was nice.

If it wasn't for the great service this meal wouldn't have been a blip on our radar.
It's supposed to be "Signature Dining" Ehhh..not so much....it's way below par compared to Yachtsmen's and Cali Grill.

I wouldn't go back.

epcotisbest

We haven't been to Narcoossee's in a couple years. Every time we go the food has been terrible. My husband wants to give them another try. Has anyone been there recently? Do you have food pics?
If the food has been terrible every time you go, why keep going? In my opinion, there are way too many wonderful places to try, so why go to someplace you already don't like? Now, we like trying different places and rarely repeat, at least not often, because of all the other choices.

PrincessNelly_NJ

If the food has been terrible every time you go, why keep going? In my opinion, there are way too many wonderful places to try, so why go to someplace you already don't like? Now, we like trying different places and rarely repeat, at least not often, because of all the other choices.
idk about the OP... but we've done places more than once... hoping that the bad experience we had the first time was just a off night. We always like to give places another chance before writing them off completely.

epcotisbest

idk about the OP... but we've done places more than once... hoping that the bad experience we had the first time was just a off night. We always like to give places another chance before writing them off completely.
Yes, that makes sense. We just like to try many different places, and there are so many. We will be repeating three coming up in Sept., Boma, Jiko and Sanaa. But all three we have done before and loved. This time we are staying there so will try them again.

We went last October and both thought it was one of the best places we've ever eaten. Neither one of us are steak people, so I can't comment about that. While the menu might have changed, in looking at the current one, I think my wife had the pumpkin raviolis and I'm pretty sure I had the apple salad for an appetizer. Can't remember my entree (probably fish) or her appetizer. The desserts were nothing to write home about for me, but again, can't completely remember. We both thought it was outstanding and a place to go back to every time we go.

DisneyDebNJ

We went two years ago, in May. It was decent surf & turf, not much more.
The service was outstanding and the view was nice.

If it wasn't for the great service this meal wouldn't have been a blip on our radar.
It's supposed to be "Signature Dining" Ehhh..not so much....it's way below par compared to Yachtsmen's and Cali Grill.

I wouldn't go back.
Last year my son got the filet, didn't come close to the filet he had at Yachtsman's

DisneyDebNJ

I am guilty of this due to members of my family having their favorites. Im not a fan of Le Cellier but we go every year due to traditions my son has LOL. BUT... did introduce him to Yachtsman's last year. This year, my sister is joining us for a few days and has always wanted to try Narcoossee's. Yep... we're going. However, I will say their appetizers are very good :)

epcotisbest

I am guilty of this due to members of my family having their favorites. Im not a fan of Le Cellier but we go every year due to traditions my son has LOL. BUT... did introduce him to Yachtsman's last year. This year, my sister is joining us for a few days and has always wanted to try Narcoossee's. Yep... we're going. However, I will say their appetizers are very good :)
We stopped doing Le Cellier a few years ago as the quality was going down and the prices were going up. If it is a tradition, then I guess that makes sense. I think I'll start a tradition at O'hana or Sanaa or Kimonos or Boma or Whispering Canyon or HoB or CG or ....

Disneydreamer23

011.JPG

Surf and Turf this year

012.JPG

filet minon

Both were amazing, Both were delicious . My DH loves Cheese cake I don't so the only complaint I have it Dessert. There isn't much there that I enjoy! I would try it again!

DisneyDebNJ

We stopped doing Le Cellier a few years ago as the quality was going down and the prices were going up. If it is a tradition, then I guess that makes sense. I think I'll start a tradition at O'hana or Sanaa or Kimonos or Boma or Whispering Canyon or HoB or CG or ....
Ohana, Boma, Teppan Edo... etc etc... are on the list too LOL Can't break away from it

zurgandfriend

We have eaten there a couple of times I always found it to be very loud inside. The food was okay but we enjoy California Grill, Yachtsman and Shula's much more and usually prefer to eat there.

reptar77

Original Poster
I have found that sometimes the food is better or worse on a repeat visit. We have eaten here 5-6 times in the past 8-9 yrs. I can only remember 1 good meal. We changed over to Cal grill, Citricos, and Artist Point as a replacement. I think the husband wants to give them another try just to see and maybe have something different since we tend to eat at the same places.

MrDee

I've eaten there three times and liked it each time. My last time was in May of this year. Other than feeling a little rushed in and out on this past visit, I still enjoyed it, as did my wife. They have my favorite Disney dessert, the almond encrusted cheesecake. Personally, if I could, I would just order a few servings of that and nothing else, and just pig out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom