Nanea Volcano feature pool at Disney's Polynesian Resort closing in August for extended refurb

rnese

I originally booked the Poly for my trip this June. Saw everything going on and decided to postpone the Poly stay until 2016. Just wouldn't feel like the Poly with all of that construction. Plus, paying Deluxe Resort $$$ for the wonderful view of cranes, construction fences, cones, piles of dirt and gravel........no thanks.

Soarin' Over Pgh

It actually does make sense. If they have to refurb the pool might as well do it when the whole hotel is a construction site.

And drop the price down to one you'd expect from an entire resort under construction instead of the price of a four diamond resort.

That's where my beef is...people are paying $400+ a night and most features of the resort are under construction.

It's simply robbery.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Fun fact: you can spend two nights at a AAA four diamond hotel for the price of one night at the Polynesian. And that's including a romantic package with food, wine and more.

I use this as a reference as it's the hotel I regularly have meetings and lunch dates at.

https://ssl.omnihotels.com/Omni?pag...&room1_child_qty=0&account_code=&invBlockCode

Omni hotels are great - but for a more direct comparison

http://www.thehiltonorlando.com $424 night for a 1300 sq ft suite and a FULL breakfast THIS is why I feel Disney has priced themselves out of the market at WDW.

Next Big Thing

If what I understand is correct, there is some major work to be done regarding the pool. The addition of a hot tub, kids play area and enclosing the pool area being just a few of the things.

Next Big Thing

All of the buildings would have to burn to the ground before disney closed the resort for any stretch of time and even still, they'd probably turn it into a temp camp ground with the same price and tents.
It actually was heavily rumored at one point that the entire resort would have to be closed and entirely rebuilt from the ground up.

surfsupdon

It's sad to think of the Polynesian in this state, its limping along. But change doesn't always have to be bad.

I feel bad for those that call Poly their home. It's getting massacred for a DVC addition. I'd feel so bad if they changed the soul of my Resort, Yacht Club, like they are for the Poly.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
It actually was heavily rumored at one point that the entire resort would have to be closed and entirely rebuilt from the ground up.

While that would go over poorly with all that love the Poly, I have no doubt that it was truly considered and pitched at one time.

StarWarsGirl

Ok. So no Captn' Cooks, refurbs going on in lobby, no Wyland Galleries. Limited space on beaches due to construction. Now pool closing. Monorails I'm assuming will be up to normal schedule by then...

I'm sure they're charging the same rates, while ALL of this is going on. And people are really paying it?

Mind. Blown.
Just for the heck of it I took a look at the room rates. They do dip down in August (and I checked it against other times previously, including slow times). They don't dip as much as they should, but they aren't charging as much, as well they shouldn't.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom