1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Names on Magic Bands

Discussion in 'Using MyMagic+, FastPass+ and My Disney Experience' started by sm57co, Sep 6, 2016.

1. sm57co

sm57co Member

This may be the stupidest question in the history of this website but when I order my MagicBands, can I put any name down that I like? I was going to put each of my family as someone from the Incredibles then I thought, man that would be horrible if I ruined my vacation due to some credit fraud or something that was tied back to the hotel, etc ...

Sincerely,
    Bob Parr

George and worldfanatic like this.
  2. Tom

Tom Tom

The names on the bands are purely novelty, so have fun.

3. Tiggerish

Tiggerish Resident Redhead Premium Member

Indeed. My MagicBand says Tiggerish.

4. hakunamatata

hakunamatata Love Me Some Fast Passes Premium Member

Mine says "Big Papa Pump" :cautious:

Last edited: Sep 6, 2016
    Uncle Lupe, aw14, George and 5 others like this.
  5. Dylan Ann

Dylan Ann Active Member

My trip is in December, and I have until around November 11th to commit to a name. I'm holding off until the last minute, hoping I can put "Dr. Dylan", but I have to wait to see if I'll be able to schedule my dissertation defense in November or not! Lots more writing to do, but believe it or not, the thought of Dr. Dylan on my Magic Band (and maybe matching t-shirt and Mickey ears) is keeping me motivated.

6. Rob562

Rob562 Well-Known Member

And as a side note, the name is printed on the *inside* of the Band. No one can see it while the Band is being worn. It's simply a way to tell same-colored Bands apart when you go to put them on.

And it is not accessible to the CM's either. When you check into the park entrance and at FastPass+ posts, the name that comes up on the CM's screen is the first name as it appears on your MDE profile.

-Rob

7. TINKWINGS

TINKWINGS Well-Known Member

Way to go Dylan! You keep that carrot out in front....its such a little thing to put in on mb but such a BIG THING that it represents....:D.btw wasn't it you who wanted to get Mom a Tink MB? Did you???? ;)

Minnie1986 and Dylan Ann like this.
  8. TINKWINGS

Did not know this....now thinking creative thoughts for DH's MB.....:)

9. Dylan Ann

Dylan Ann Active Member

It's so funny you ask because on Monday the Disney store was offering a free shipping sale, so I went ahead and ordered the Tink band for mom (along with a cute $25 Tink hoodie that was on clearance). I'm excited to see them! We leave on December 11th, and mom is coming down to me on December 10th so we can fly down together, so I figure I'll wrap them and we'll have a little mini-Christmas the night before we leave for the trip. Focusing on this trip is real incentive to keep chugging along on the doctorate!

10. TINKWINGS

Delayed gratification is a wonderful thing! Of course now you have me looking up the hoodie....:D. Will be worth the wait.....both the doctorate AND the Disney Trip....with Mom!:) Very nice choice in MB's if I do say so myself.....;) She will be happy you thought of her.

11. Living The Dream

Living The Dream Member

We just posted a video yesterday on how to do this... how odd! :)

dmatt87 and worldofsounds like this.
  12. Kate Alan

Kate Alan Well-Known Member

Never used my real name on any MB other than my AP (and only because I wanted it to be "official"-looking, lol). In fact, I don't think anyone in our travel group used their real names this time around. My name for this upcoming trip is "Figment" with a purple band...couldn't resist. :D

TINKWINGS and Tiggerish like this.
  13. MickeyMomV

MickeyMomV Well-Known Member

Not sure if it is creative or not but for the most part we use our initials and date of arrival. That way when we get back we always know who's was who's and from what trip they were from.

14. allgiggles

allgiggles Well-Known Member

We do something similar -- name/nickname and year: "Judy 16" -- so that we can keep track of the dates and have a better idea of whether they're worth taking along on a future trip. We don't want to use them if the long-range battery has died.

MickeyMomV likes this.
  15. Clarissa McDaniel

Clarissa McDaniel Active Member

Put whatever name you want! It's printed on the inside of the band and appears on the cast member's screen when using a fast pass.

16. Tuvalu

Tuvalu Premium Member

The name which appears on the cast member's screen is the proper name listed in MDE. So if your name is Jane but the name you choose for your MagicBand is Tarzangal, the name on the screen will say Jane.

worldfanatic, lilclerk and Rob562 like this.
  17. worldfanatic

worldfanatic Well-Known Member

My wife & I are Epcot freaks.
    So my band (Jeff) is "Jeffcot".
    And hers (Tracy) is "Traceship".

Weather_Lady and Tiggerish like this.
  18. DrummerAlly

DrummerAlly Well-Known Member

I heard, from another person at the parks, that if you buy a specialized band from the stores (the ones with characters and designs on them) that they will not print anything on the inside other than your name on the reservation. As others said, you can definitely put whatever you want on the free bands. That said, I heard this from a random person, so I can't say for sure if thats true.

19. Tuvalu

Tuvalu Premium Member

The only thing inside the specialty bands is the serial number. This is also true when you "make your own" custom band at the shop in Space Mountain. No names. Then you link the specialty band to your MDE account and the name which appears on the FP screens (like any band linked to your account) is the proper name associated with the reservation.

DrummerAlly and Rob562 like this.
  20. JimW

JimW Well-Known Member

Just be careful with your choices if you're planning on riding it's a small world. It could get very interesting when they display the personalized goodbye messages at the end. :jawdrop:

Minnie1986 and DrummerAlly like this.
  21. Tuvalu

Tuvalu Premium Member

The screen will only display the proper name associated with the reservation. No need to worry about risqué names unless it is a real name.

DrummerAlly likes this.