1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Nachos Rio Grande Challenge at Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn

Discussion in 'WDW Restaurants and Dining' started by ikillratz, Apr 28, 2017.

1. danyoung56

danyoung56 Well-Known Member

He or she was just posting an opinion. Just because it was different than yours, he/she had just as much of a right to post as you do. Chill a bit, huh?

2. Gaston's gal

Gaston's gal Well-Known Member

When our party of 9 went to WDW in April, we ordered the Nacho Challenge at Pecos Bill's. We had a hard time finishing it off! It also came with 2 unlimited pitchers of drinks. When we were done, they gave us each a 'sheriff badge' and a certificate saying we completed the challenge. If you do the math, if we had ordered individual meals there, it definitely would've been more costly than what we spent. It was really a lot of fun. I highly recommend it and would do it again.

Attached Files:

3. larryz

larryz Well-Known Member

I'd do it, but then I wonder what the rest of my family would eat...

4. CaptainAmerica

CaptainAmerica Well-Known Member

Is this still going on? We leave in 10 days and this is definitely a priority.

DisneyBound2017 and Courtney6682 like this.
  5. ikillratz

ikillratz New Member Original Poster

I would call the dinner reservation number and ask. It seemed like it was a regular "secret" item when we did it in May

6. MightyMouse

MightyMouse Well-Known Member

hmmm... that photo has, "SuperBowl-Party-Idea" written all over it.

7. CaptainAmerica

Did you get the nachos made as some kind of special order? It doesn't look like the pictures I've seen from other blogs or YouTube.

8. Gaston's gal

No, we just ordered the "Nacho Challenge." It wasn't advertised when we went. Not sure if it is still something that's only word-of-mouth. We loved it though

9. CaptainAmerica

Understood, your pictures just look different. It appears to be very lettuce-y with no banana peppers, jalapenos, etc.

10. Gaston's gal

We had those put on the side for the wimps like myself that won't eat them.

CaptainAmerica likes this.
  11. Goofyque'

Goofyque' Well-Known Member

This was one of the highlights of our trip! Not only would it have been a bargain at $90, but we got the 20% AP discount. 8 people, unlimited drinks, and had PLENTY left. They fussed over our group, I asked at the desk if they were still doing the special nachos, my group of 8 kept wandering off, I was trying to keep it a secret from them. As soon as a couple would re-appear, I would lose another couple of them. Finally, when I thought everyone was back, they started to seat us, and one of my adult sons had gone after Dole Whips. When he brought them back, the entire staff referred to him as Señor Dole Whip. The Nachos are BIG! No other way to say it! DS son's certificate read Señor Dole Whip. All in all a GREAT time!!! There are a couple of round tables that appeared to be reserved for this event.