MYW Dinning Package Improvements

Computer Magic

Original Poster
We just got back from our vacation and I was impressed with the improvements of the MYW Dinning Package.

Since our May trip they have added additional snacks that can be purchased in the resorts. We saved so much money by not needing the resort mug refill (hope Disney isn't reading this). This is because you can use the snack for drinks.

Also when we returned at night we grabbed milk, orange juice, cookies and treats. That got us going in the next morning.

In May, we wasted so many snacks options because we don't get many snacks in the parks. The only thing we used it for was water because of the heat...my god the heat.

I would recommend the Dinning Package for those that enjoy meals during their trips. We just returned from a 6 night stay and had no problems using the dinning plan. We saved over $150.00 on meals.

The meals are rather large portions so if you don't want all that food, you may not save as much.

We would have saved more if we would have picked more expensive meals and sometimes we split appetizers and desserts.

<!-- / message -->This was a nice suprise for us.<!-- sig -->

shari71

What I really loved was that they are starting to put the DP logo next to what can be purchased with the dining plan. The resorts still need to figure out how it is handled. My husband went over and got a meal one day. Went back the next day and they wouldn't let him have the same thing. But then the lady behind him got a different spiel.

Other than that, it saved us a bundle. Our sit down meals averaged $65 and counter $40. We only paid $80 a day so we saved $25 a day * 8 days = $200. Got to spend that on extra souvenirs.

Computer Magic

Original Poster
shari71 said:
What I really loved was that they are starting to put the DP logo next to what can be purchased with the dining plan. The resorts still need to figure out how it is handled. My husband went over and got a meal one day. Went back the next day and they wouldn't let him have the same thing. But then the lady behind him got a different spiel.
Didn't know about the DP logo.

We just went in and asked. I read in this forum that resorts offered snacks, but I didn't know what.

The lady CM at the resort was very helpful. It still a little confusing but it's way better then May.

We have learned to ask a ton of questions in Disney, you find out so much.

shari71 said:
Got to spend that on extra souvenirs.

:lol: Isn't this the truth, we did the same with our savings. Disney still finds a way to get our savings :lol: :lookaroun

dandaman

Computer Magic said:
:lol: Isn't this the truth, we did the same with our savings. Disney still finds a way to get our savings :lol: :lookaroun

Yeah, we ended up spending a lot more on souvenirs than we usually do... my mom finally bought a $300 "Partners" bronze replica she's always wanted. :)

P.S. We saved over $1500 using the MYW Free Dining Plan in August :eek:

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
I totally agree that this plan is well worth the money. I never try to push anything on my clients, but I do recommend this to them when they book their packages.

Pam

dandaman

Most expensive items, pretty much... we had a Superbowl Sundae for $17 at ESPN Club, for example, and that was just for the dessert part of the meal! :eek:

P.S. Also ate at Cali Grill and Concourse Steakhouse. Racked up a bill of $200 on both of the meals, and ate an average of about $190 worth of food/day (for 4 people).

Trumpetgirl

The one time I went to WDW (right before Hurricane Ivan I think it was) I bought a little squirt bottle thing. My parents didn't tell me how much we spent in all at the park. But, that summer we had a garage sale so i had $200.00 to spend so I don't think I spent any where near that much.:cool:

wannab@dis

Kingdom Konsultant said:
I totally agree that this plan is well worth the money. I never try to push anything on my clients, but I do recommend this to them when they book their packages.

Pam
Agree! We just returned from our trip and the Dining plan was awesome. I'm not sure that we "saved" a HUGE amount of money, but we did eat more expensive meals and ordered more appetizers and deserts than we ever would. Our biggest regret was that we felt we wasted food because we had so much. A few times, we wish we had split meals, but then we would not have used all our options. :lol:

The dining plan is great for budgeting your money and 'pre-paying' for your vacation. One major piece of advice... make sure you read your receipts they give you and keep up with the number of meals 'coupons' that you use. We had two times where they charged us 3 meals instead of two. (We had a child under 2 years old that was not covered, yet they charged us a meal for her.) Easily fixed at the resort, but just be aware of your usage.

PigletIsMyCat

Well, I lost a couple of my receipts, but here's the breakdown for my Sept 28 - Oct 4 trip.

DH and I split breakfast every day at Everything Pop. He ate a Pop Waffle with meat, I had a cinnamon roll, and we got a juice or chocolate milk. We also both had the refillable mugs for coffee. Breakfast cost us $10.28 every day, for a total of $51.40.

We ate at a sit-down restaurant every day. We did do three buffets, which is not the best way to realize incredible savings, but we really wanted to do Crystal Palace, Liberty Tree Tavern (during the Halloween Party), and Biergarten. Our total for five meals was $366.28, with the greatest savings at Cinderella's, where our bill totalled $102.52.

The counter service we ate averaged about $12 a person on the plan, and we would spend an extra couple of dollars out of pocket for a little something for me. We would share the fries and the soda. So that's about $60 for five counter service meals, with a little out of pocket for me (maybe $20).

We also got ten snacks. We got soda or ice cream, which was $2 or $2.50, so we'll say $22.50 total for snacks.

That is a grand total of just a smidgen over $500. It would have cost us over $500 to eat like that if we had paid cash. On the Disney Dining Plan, it cost us.....

$379.90. :eek: A savings of over $120. And we ate at three buffets! Which are less expensive than, say, Le Cellier! Or Concourse!! Plus, we got that Stay, Play, and Dine package. So the dining plan was included (that package was a STEAL!!) Plus it is SO EASY not having to worry about 'how much do we need for food?' while you're there. Even if you only ate at buffets, and it wouldn't save you ALOT of money, it is still worth it for the peace of mind (in my opinion). So worth it, in fact, that I paid for it for my next trip. So easy. Love it!!

New2WDW

Kingdom Konsultant said:

Pam

Hello again Pam! Do you have any sense on whether they will do the Free Dining Plan again this year or do you think that was just an offer to get the whole thing kicked off to a good start?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom