Mystic Shanghai?

Bacon

Original Poster
Im asking cause disneyland and disneyworld has haunted mansion so i thought maybe they would copy mystic manor

Phroobar

I hear if Disney builds Mystic Manor at Shanghai, the cost overruns will force Disney to put the Haunted Mansion at both Disneyland and the Magic Kingdom into refurbishment status for a few years.

cheezbat

It's currently a Hong Kong exclusive. If anything, I think we'd see a clone of Haunted Mansion or Phantom Manor before we'd see them add Mystic Manor to Shanghai.

Bacon

Original Poster
It's currently a Hong Kong exclusive. If anything, I think we'd see a clone of Haunted Mansion or Phantom Manor before we'd see them add Mystic Manor to Shanghai.
The reason mystic manor was made was cause due to china's disbelief of the dead so they could make a true "Haunted Mansion"

lazyboy97o

Nope its chinese disbelifs of the dead as far as i know
You're buying into vague marketing hype and fan supposition. The Chinese are well aware of ghosts. Even the official atheism of the Mainland doesn't fully censor such stories and attractions and if it did would block a supernatural story such as Mystic Manor.

Yet your right they may also have gotten the new story from British
I'm not saying the story is British. Hong Kong was British. You're applying negative, narrow stereotypes to a variety of peoples.

No Name

I don't like clones. How about they come up with something new, something surprising? People typically want things that they can see, but the best and most successful options lie in what hasn't been created.

But that's not the issue here, the main concern is that it would be extremely dangerous to Hong Kong Disneyland's future if their best ride is brought next door. Hong Kong will have it tough enough once Shanghai opens, and cloning Mystic Manor would most likely cause HKDL to die. And I'd hate to see that happen.

But Shanghai Shendi Group would likely be thrilled to see that happen, so if they're thinking the same way I am...

GiveMeTheMusic

You're buying into vague marketing hype and fan supposition. The Chinese are well aware of ghosts. Even the official atheism of the Mainland doesn't fully censor such stories and attractions and if it did would block a supernatural story such as Mystic Manor.

I'm not saying the story is British. Hong Kong was British. You're applying negative, narrow stereotypes to a variety of peoples.

It's hard to argue with incoherent babbling.

EmmaGreenMachine

I dont think they will build Mystic Manor at Shanghai. If you look at both parks, they have mostly different attractions. If they keep it this way then both of them can gain more visitors, ie Disney fans from China might still like to visit HK also as it has different rides. Or ppl like me from Australia, since I'm coming such a long way anyway..I would go to both as long as there are enough different attractions. Have a look at the list..at the moment only 5 rides are the same..dumbo,carousel,buzz, stitch and pooh. The rest are different.

No Name

Also I dont know if buzz and pooh rides are exactly the same in both places? the description is very different for them on each website.

Buzz ride will be different than any of the other versions. Though it does keep the same omnimover and z-target style, which I appreciate. It is not really infringing on Toy Story Midway Mania's style. I'm sure relatively few others care about that, but I do, and my initial concerns about the ride have been calmed.

Pooh looks to be generally the same as the Hong Kong version. The ride is very popular in Hong Kong. And so is the merchandise. The Chinese like Pooh.

On a completely unrelated side note, Peter Pan's Flight will have two rows rather than one (at least according to the concept art), allowing for capacity to be less than dismal. I'm glad they've learned from the long wait times for the ride in the US.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom