Mystic Manor Language

Acolli18

Original Poster
I just saw a POV of Mystic Manor in Hong Kong for the first time. I noticed a lot of the ride is in English. Are most international rides still in English? Do locals, whether in Hong Kong, Paris, Tokyo etc. need special head phone translators or how does it work?

lazyboy97o

At Tokyo Disney Resort most of the dialogue is in Japanese.

Disneyland Paris is primarily French but there was also a decision when building the Disneyland park to rely less on dialogue.

I know there are three language choices for the Jungle Cruise at Hong Kong Disneyland: Cantonese, Mandarin and English. Do remember though that Hong Kong was a British colony up until 1997. I cannot give an adequate summation of the park as it is the one I have yet to visit.

Last edited:

Soarin2u

In Tokyo alone, everything is in Japanese, Korean, Chinese, and English.
Similar to the way we have English, Spanish and French, and used the same way too.
Menus in Disney are in English and in Japanese, and all signs are in just English, however everything spoken is Japanese. They do have English speakers, but their English is pretty poor beyond the basic questions.
I had to go to the medical center there which they supposedly had an English translator on clock every hour. Lies, they had an English Medical phrase book on hand every hour.

Gullywhumper

In Tokyo alone, everything is in Japanese, Korean, Chinese, and English.
Similar to the way we have English, Spanish and French, and used the same way too.
Menus in Disney are in English and in Japanese, and all signs are in just English, however everything spoken is Japanese. They do have English speakers, but their English is pretty poor beyond the basic questions.
I had to go to the medical center there which they supposedly had an English translator on clock every hour. Lies, they had an English Medical phrase book on hand every hour.
Sadly, that is the case with most parks.

Hong Kong has 3 official languages Cantonese Mandarin (since reversion to Chinese rule) and English many rides in HKDL have a dual Cantonese/English sound track or some have Separate tracks such as Jungle Cruise has different boats or Stitch Encounter has shows in Cantonese or English a various times each day. It was common to see locals use either language shows etc. especially if queues were shorter or next show was English.

seahawk7

The gals at Allears.net have visited this park recently and have a lot of info on their website. No offense meant WDWMagic. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom