myMagic+ Upcoming Test(s)

ExtinctJenn

The days are avaiable on the calander 60 days out but your right, I tried 3 days in Oct and got a pop up message that no experiences are available that day.
Based on what I am seeing here and on other forums, the current test is limited to September so it'd make sense that you can't do any FP+ rezzies once you hit October, regardless of when your arrival date is.

I check in on Sept 30 but still can't get to Magic bands or FP+ to work on website. I have done online check in and my ressie is linked in both website and app. I am at AoA. But I heard people couldn't get FP+ to work past 9/28, and others have posted this. Has anyone been able to do FP+ for date after 9/29?

ExtinctJenn

I check in on Sept 30 but still can't get to Magic bands or FP+ to work on website. I have done online check in and my ressie is linked in both website and app. I am at AoA. But I heard people couldn't get FP+ to work past 9/28, and others have posted this. Has anyone been able to do FP+ for date after 9/29?
Being that it hasn't gone live and is still in testing I'd say that just because others were able, even at the same resort with the same dates of stay, doesn't necessarily mean you will be. Stinks for sure but until it goes full live, no one should assume they'll be part of the test. :)

PolynesianPrincess

Apparently you have to be invited to do the testing. You can't just book FP+ or Magic Bands unles you are chosen. Mom mother received via UPS today an invitation for us to try the testing on 9/7. We're only staying on night before our cruise but it might be possible for us to use it after too when we stay at BLT for 3 nights. I keep trying to select my attractions for the 7th and it keeps telling me that one of the windows overlaps dinner we have scheduled at 7:30pm. We don't have an ADR for 7:30pm so I have no idea what it's talking about. This thing is so annoying.

ExtinctJenn

Apparently you have to be invited to do the testing. You can't just book FP+ or Magic Bands unles you are chosen. Mom mother received via UPS today an invitation for us to try the testing on 9/7. We're only staying on night before our cruise but it might be possible for us to use it after too when we stay at BLT for 3 nights. I keep trying to select my attractions for the 7th and it keeps telling me that one of the windows overlaps dinner we have scheduled at 7:30pm. We don't have an ADR for 7:30pm so I have no idea what it's talking about. This thing is so annoying.
Yes but no... tons of folks posted earlier in this thread that they were able to select FPs and customize magic bands without ever having received anything official from Disney. I think they may be testing just how many folks click on those links to see. :)

PolynesianPrincess

Yes but no... tons of folks posted earlier in this thread that they were able to select FPs and customize magic bands without ever having received anything official from Disney. I think they may be testing just how many folks click on those links to see. :)

That's very bizarre. All I know is it keeps giving me options that I can't use. We can't get to the parks til around 3:30pm and it's giving me attractions with times of 11am that we can't do and no way to change the time. I know we changed the times last year during the test but I think we had to book at 4 and then change them all individually. Maybe I'll try that. And they keep giving me options for Nemo and Imagination. No thank you!! If these are the options I'm stuck with, I'll pass.

dadddio

That's very bizarre. All I know is it keeps giving me options that I can't use. We can't get to the parks til around 3:30pm and it's giving me attractions with times of 11am that we can't do and no way to change the time. I know we changed the times last year during the test but I think we had to book at 4 and then change them all individually. Maybe I'll try that. And they keep giving me options for Nemo and Imagination. No thank you!! If these are the options I'm stuck with, I'll pass.
You are correct. You can adjust the times after you accept the FPs. You can also trade FPs among attractions.

cmybliss

This is my situation exactly. I never received an invite, but am all set up with FP+ and MB ordered. There really doesn't seem to be a lot of logic in all of this.

Jeffxz

This is my situation exactly. I never received an invite, but am all set up with FP+ and MB ordered. There really doesn't seem to be a lot of logic in all of this.

You will probably get one eventually. I am checking into POP on 8-31 and I was able to customize my bands and book FP+ on July 28th. My bands arrived on Aug 1st, and I got the invitation to test letter on Aug 16.

cmybliss

You will probably get one eventually. I am checking into POP on 8-31 and I was able to customize my bands and book FP+ on July 28th. My bands arrived on Aug 1st, and I got the invitation to test letter on Aug 16.
I guess I was a little unclear. (I blame the medicine head) I was able to get Bands. They should be shipping in the next day or two. I was also able to make FP+ rezies. All of this w/o an official invite.

cspencer96

I wonder, since this scenario is something I would totally do if I was organizing the tests, if they are intentionally not sending letters to some people just to see what happens? i.e., How many people click on the links, how they use the system compared to those who have been explicitly told they are testing a new piece of infrastructure, etc. I mean, the more they increase their sample size by adding resorts, the more flexibility they have in doing things like this and analyzing different results.

One example I could think of is this:
Average Joe's family doesn't get a letter inviting them to test, but instead the website just acts as if all of the FP+ and MagicBand business is normal. They order bands and select experiences, and they head to WDW. At the same time, Average John's family DOES receive a letter, and does the same thing. Average Joe may or may not know the big picture of whether or not this is testing like crazy, or if it's just a new thing, or what. John, however, knows. Then, near the end of their respective visits, the families are asked for feedback on the MagicBands and MDE. Joe would (most likely) see anything negative that happened differently, possibly being more likely to share and not make excuses like "it's ok because it's still testing" than John, because he was not told outright by Disney that it was a test prior to his vacation. He probably knows by now that it is testing, but he still would have a different perspective than someone who was asked to participate with full disclosure, if that makes sense.

Joshua&CalebDad

The days are avaiable on the calander 60 days out but your right, I tried 3 days in Oct and got a pop up message that no experiences are available that day.

FYI...For anyone that is interested or has a trip starting on September 29th, Fast Pass + selections/reservations are now available (at least through October 4th). I was just able to access those dates and make reservations for days during that week. However, there is a slight glitch for the Magic Kingdom on September 30th. If you plan on going into Magic Kingdom that day and are trying to make a Fast Pass + selection, you wont be able to. Any other park on that day is fine, for whatever reason Magic Kingdom doesn't have any selections. was on the phone with a CM at the Internet Help Desk and he stated they are working on it.

Joshua&CalebDad

Make a selection first, even though you can't do it at that particular time. Once you make the selection you can go back and alter the time. I did for just about every selection I made. Its a bit of a pain but it works. Got everything I wanted at the time I wanted.

mljolly

FYI...For anyone that is interested or has a trip starting on September 29th, Fast Pass + selections/reservations are now available (at least through October 4th). I was just able to access those dates and make reservations for days during that week. However, there is a slight glitch for the Magic Kingdom on September 30th. If you plan on going into Magic Kingdom that day and are trying to make a Fast Pass + selection, you wont be able to. Any other park on that day is fine, for whatever reason Magic Kingdom doesn't have any selections. was on the phone with a CM at the Internet Help Desk and he stated they are working on it.

I just tried going into Disneys website and chose my color for the magicbands. That is the first time I have seen that option, but it will not let me do fastpass +. We check in on September 27th and leave on the 30th.

Joshua&CalebDad

I just tried going into Disneys website and chose my color for the magicbands. That is the first time I have seen that option, but it will not let me do fastpass +. We check in on September 27th and leave on the 30th.

I initially had the same problem and then read this tip on another website. (hangs head in shame) I know, shame on me for going on another website. Go back through the online check in process, even if you already have done so and then try the fast passes reservation system again. See if that's helps anything.

Like I said in my OP, I have fast passes for September 29, October 2, & October 4. The only day I couldn't get was September 30th for some reason.

tookydo

It's open now.

PolynesianPrincess

Did you link your tickets yet? The same thing happened to me earlier until I linked my tickets. After that I could make my FP+ choices.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom