myMagic+ Upcoming Test(s)

pjammer

Still having issues getting Fastpass+. I'm staying at Pop in September, but even when I select a day on my itinerary I get the following message before I'm even allowed to click on anything else:

"The selected date must be within at least one party member's FastPass+ selection window."

Do I need to do the online check-in first?
Yes it helps to do on-line check in. Also unless your tickets are part of a Disney package you should link them

Anna M

I'm staying at Pop 9/20-9/26 and was able to customize my magic band for the first time today! It also indicated it was the last day I was going to be able to do it.

Animaniac93-98

I'm staying at Pop 9/20-9/26 and was able to customize my magic band for the first time today!

Same with me, surprisingly. Still no FP+ option.

Edit: Long story short, event party tickets do not always work, and you have to be sent the invite to participate in the FP+ test. Still seems odd that I could get a MagicBand, but not FP+.

Last edited:
MagicBand testing has been extended for now until the end of October for the existing testing resorts AKL, Pop, Contemp, Yatch. New resorts have been added for beginning in Sept. Beach and Beach Villas, Jambo House, Poly, Port Orleans RS and Art. You will be able to select certain options now are live if you are staying at one of these during testing period but official emails are still coming 15 days before check-in for now.

Hmm, Sarah and I check in to Beach Club on 11-1. We slide over to Riverside on 11-9 for 2 nights. Both resorts are included but it is outside the October window. I've been watching the whole MM+ saga all year, figuring it would be implemented by that time. As we get closer, it becomes more and more uncertain.

We're AP holders and the timeframe gave us the opportunity to attend the last MNSSHP asnd first MVMCP, which we decided to do. So that's 6 tickets to manage that are not on my room key, unless MM+ is live (or testing) and we get them linked to a Magic Band or Key Card. I really would like to have everything linked. I'm not so concerned about FP+ for rides. We've ridden everything before dozens of times. I would like to see the night time shows or parades from reserved viewing areas.

Anna M

Edit: Long story short, event party tickets do not always work, and you have to be sent the invite to participate in the FP+ test. Still seems odd that I could get a MagicBand, but not FP+.

That weird because the FP+ worked a week before I could select the Magic Band.

lilclerk

Do you have regular park tickets as well, or just the party ticket?

YankeeMouse

When I go to My Disney Experience, then FastPass +, 5 dates quickly pop up starting October 24, then the screen shot goes away. We are arriving September 26.

dadddio

Even though they are still giving out KTTW cards I haven't heard of them still being able to access the regular FP system. I believe that was only for te first few rounds of tests? Can anyone confirm with first hand experience?
As I understand it, they have allowed guests to use their KTTW cards to get additional FPs in every test. This, along with the verbiage used in the T&C, pretty much convinces me that it will be possible to obtain additional same day FPs when FP+ goes live, just not through the current 'paper' FP system.

Grumpy21

Took this from PORS unofficial website. I posted this once on another topic thought I post it here too.

I was asked to hold back on posting this until today, but Magic Bands will be issued to all Port Orleans Riverside guests for stays commencing 3rd September onward.
Emails and letters will start going out today to inform guests arriving within 18 days that they can pre-book their FastPass+ times (up to 60 days out in fact) and customise their Magic Bands (colour and name) via the My Disney Experience site and/or mobile app. It may not be possible for Disney to contact all guests (e.g. international guests, or those who have booked via some travel agents) but the new system will still apply to everyone regardless.
Continental USA guests should be able to get their Magic Bands mailed out in advance, others will need to pick them up at the Front Desk when they check in. Key cards will still be issued as a backup for the foreseeable future.
While this is still officially classified as a "test", the general expectation is that unless there are major problems this will most likely remain permanent.
French Quarter will follow within the next few months.

ExtinctJenn

I read that you have to do online check in for it to work
Not entirely true. I was able to access FP+ and make my selections before I did online check-in. The MB option didn't open up until after check-in.
Yes, online check -in helps..no bands until I completed on-line check-in , now says ready to ship! woo- hoo!
I am sure there is a wide range of things that "enable" the test for a certain guest and I'd imagine online check-in could certainly be one of them. It makes sense after all. I'll be sure to do my online check-in at my 60 day mark to see though being that our trip is 1st week of December, I have a feeling it won't matter by then and this will have gone full-live.
I was asked to hold back on posting this until today, but Magic Bands will be issued to all Port Orleans Riverside guests for stays commencing 3rd September onward.
Emails and letters will start going out today to inform guests arriving within 18 days that they can pre-book their FastPass+ times (up to 60 days out in fact) and customise their Magic Bands (colour and name) via the My Disney Experience site and/or mobile app. It may not be possible for Disney to contact all guests (e.g. international guests, or those who have booked via some travel agents) but the new system will still apply to everyone regardless.
Continental USA guests should be able to get their Magic Bands mailed out in advance, others will need to pick them up at the Front Desk when they check in. Key cards will still be issued as a backup for the foreseeable future.
While this is still officially classified as a "test", the general expectation is that unless there are major problems this will most likely remain permanent.
French Quarter will follow within the next few months.
What's interesting is everything I'm seeing on the official site says the bands/FP+ will go live "later this year" so I'd think the statement that FQ will follow within the next few months, though it implies a continued test, really is just that all resorts will. I mean, "few" typically implies 3 or 4 months and that's what's left to the year right? :D

ExtinctJenn

As I understand it, they have allowed guests to use their KTTW cards to get additional FPs in every test. This, along with the verbiage used in the T&C, pretty much convinces me that it will be possible to obtain additional same day FPs when FP+ goes live, just not through the current 'paper' FP system.
There's an awful lot of arguements to the contrary in the myriad of posts on the subject but I am one who is hoping you are right. The idea of being limited to 3 FPs a day, and only in one park, is the only piece of the entire thing I'm unhappy about. I understand limiting your FP+ selections to 3 total and the idea behind those being in one park only, but the idea that you cannot then get any other "manual" FPs that day seems off to me. It seems like it defeats the idea of FP to begin with. Now that said, if you truly limit folks to 3 FPs a day, all in one park, it'll definitely "resolve" some of the long lines that were created when FP was first introduced but that doesn't make it a good decision.

My thinking is, if I have scheduled 3 FPs via FP+ at the Magic Kingdom between say 9:00am-3:00pm, I should be able to then head over to Epcot at 3:30pm and pick up a FP to get me on Soarin' at 8:00pm.

I guess we shall see!

ExtinctJenn

Has anyone staying at the Fort Wilderness Cabins received MagicBands yet? I will be staying there in October and hoping to get them!
As of right now, according to 99.9% of the previous posts, being it's still in testing, you won't just "get" them. If you are added to the test you will be notified and/or able to select your FP+ selections and customize your magic bands under My Disney Experience.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom