My WDW Proposal :)

LSUxStitch

Original Poster
I don't frequent this site very often anymore, but I would like to share this with all of you. I was planning on doing my proposal with Mickey, but once I found out he was only in ToonTown I figured it wouldn't be as special from a photographing perspective. I decided to do it in front of the PhotoPass photographer in front of the castle, and it turned out even better than expected. We went like we would usually do and take our 3 photopass pictures, but when all done, I asked for one more pose and then got down on my knee. She was 110% surprised even though I had told her I've always wanted to do it in Disney World. I just played it down heavily for the past 2 months and I played it perfectly.

January 3, 2008

Shock:
DisneyPhotoImage53.jpg

Tears:
DisneyPhotoImage51.jpg

The Ring:
DisneyPhotoImage48.jpg

Trying to get her glove off lol:
DisneyPhotoImage42.jpg

Kiss:
DisneyPhotoImage35.jpg

DisneyPhotoImage37.jpg

All Done:
DisneyPhotoImage32.jpg

Closeup of Ring: Platinum :)
CIMG1650.jpg

Video: Excuse the wind haha
http://youtube.com/watch?v=OCtax5JjN68

I knew I was going to be happy about this, but I have been on cloud nine since it happened, its excellent.

maryszhi

I hope my proposal when im older is like that ...how romantic. I got my first kiss at disney world, i posted the story on a nother thred: went with my best friends, and there brothers, my parents and their parents. The brother is a year older than i am and he always liekd me. at the end of wishes he turned around and kissed me and said how he would like to take me out to eat the next day and that he always like me but he thoought it would be weired b/c im bff with his two sisters and his younger brother. needless to say that was my first kiss!!!! I was 14 years old.....now im 17 and actually still remember...i still laugh about how my dad just looked and said that im getting oldder and that he will always take me to disney to let me be a kid again..and ill be his little girl and little princess. even to this day hes really funny when i bring a date home to meet him and my mom lol
~a dream is what your heart makes~
~when you wish upon a star~
progress.gif

TheDisneyMagic

Congratulations, what a romantic way to do it, best wishes to the pair of you, now on your next disney vacation you can have the wedding at Disney's Wedding pavilion.:):):)

bluefaery

Congrats. Where did you get your Mickey hat? I love it. The ring is beautiful.

I don't frequent this site very often anymore, but I would like to share this with all of you. I was planning on doing my proposal with Mickey, but once I found out he was only in ToonTown I figured it wouldn't be as special from a photographing perspective. I decided to do it in front of the PhotoPass photographer in front of the castle, and it turned out even better than expected. We went like we would usually do and take our 3 photopass pictures, but when all done, I asked for one more pose and then got down on my knee. She was 110% surprised even though I had told her I've always wanted to do it in Disney World. I just played it down heavily for the past 2 months and I played it perfectly.

January 3, 2008

Shock:
DisneyPhotoImage53.jpg

Tears:
DisneyPhotoImage51.jpg

The Ring:
DisneyPhotoImage48.jpg

Trying to get her glove off lol:
DisneyPhotoImage42.jpg

Kiss:
DisneyPhotoImage35.jpg

DisneyPhotoImage37.jpg

All Done:
DisneyPhotoImage32.jpg

Closeup of Ring: Platinum :)
CIMG1650.jpg

Video: Excuse the wind haha
http://youtube.com/watch?v=OCtax5JjN68

I knew I was going to be happy about this, but I have been on cloud nine since it happened, its excellent.

LSUxStitch

Original Poster
The Mickey Hat was found at the AllStar Sports gift shop. I saw very little of them at the parks though. I love it, its stylish yet mickey-ish haha

LSUxStitch

Original Poster
awww boooo, it got moved to the honeymoon engagement section lol. I'm not too sure it will get noticed as much here.

oh wells. Thanks for the congrats everyone!

Master__Gracey

Congrats!! Did you guys fly down? If so, how was it with sneaking the ring and making through security at the airport and through the MK gate without having her see it? Planning to pop the question in Feb myself and love hearing all these successes! Gives me hope of smooth sailing. :)

LSUxStitch

Original Poster
Congrats!! Did you guys fly down? If so, how was it with sneaking the ring and making through security at the airport and through the MK gate without having her see it? Planning to pop the question in Feb myself and love hearing all these successes! Gives me hope of smooth sailing. :)

We drove, so no prblms with airport security. Just make sure when you go to the parks, you keep it in your pockets and not in a bag that needs to be checked and you are golden :)

I had to carry it in my jeans pocket, which is a tight little fit, so every time we sat down I had to put my jacket over my lap all day so she didn't notice the bulge haha

GOOD LUCK!

happymom52003

Congratulations! I love the pictures....what a cute couple you make. My husband also proposed in front of the castle.:) So are ya'll going to get married and/or honeymoon at Disney?

LSUxStitch

Original Poster
haha, thanks again guys/gals.

We are probably not going to do the wedding in Disney nor honeymoon in Disney. After this past weeks trip we are looking to relax somewhere warm, sandy, and gorgeous haha. Soooo, that doesn't rule out Disney Cruiselines yet ;)

surfsupdon

Great pictures, congratulations to you both!! Nice to see Photopass really helped out.

PS--That hat is awesome I have to buy one. All Star Sports you say...

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
Congratulations!:wave:...

Is it me? or is this ring showing a Hidden Mickey at this angle?:lol:

It's not just you, at first glance i thought the ring was mickey shaped!

Congrats you guys! I dont know if I ever would have thought to get Photopass involved. Nice job! :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom