My upcoming trip: Any advice?

Grim Grinner

Original Poster
Last year, I was able to spend my honeymoon at WDW during the second week of April. There were absolutely no lines, and it only rained twice.

This year, my wife and I will be going with our best friends to WDW in the second week of October. Is this a good time to go in regard to crowds and the hours of the parks?

We are also thinking abøut looking into those 7 hour behind the scenes packages, but going would sheer a day off of our week. it is worth it? Would we actually get to go on any rides during that time?

Is Cirque Soliel any good?

Any help would be appreciated. I keep counting the days until I go, and all of our dreams are filled with thoughts of Disney!

JAY-ROD

hey I pretty sure that time ur going is a great time to go. I have heard that cirque soliel is very good. on the behind the scenes tour. everybody that I have talked to u did get to ride the rides as well. I keep counting my days also 38 more :)

popkid

to answer your question "Is Cirque Soliel any good?"

i saw the show last september - and up until then had absolutely no interest in it at all. after seeing the show though, i couldn't help raving about it and recommending it to everyone i know!

it would make for a great evening for you, your wife and friends

though it's pretty pricey (IMHO) it was a great show, filled with amazing and entertaining stunts and skits. the performers are simply incredible, and will keep you on the edge of your seat throughout the entire performance.

there seemed to be some sort of story that connected all the skits, but i guess i'm not bright enough to put it all together :)

regardless though, i was able to really enjoy the show - and i'm quite looking forward to seeing it again this august.

i wish i could describe it better for you, but i'd hate to give away any of the surprises.

hopefully if you decide to check it out you'll enjoy it as much as i have

markymark

I agree with Popkid. Cirque Du Soleil (La Nouba) is AWESOME. You really need to go see it. We went last year,not really sure what to expect, and came away having had one of the best (non-Disney) nights of the whole holiday. I agree, it is a bit pricey (I think it's about $65.00) but worth every penny.

The Mom

Premium Member
The weather in Oct will still be warm-80's, but not as bad as summertime. You'll be comfortable in a pool, probably OK at a water park.(since I've lived here, FL, for about 20 years, I'm not as tolerant of cold.) The only problem ,crowdwise, might be Columbus Day weekend, and a lot of schools have teacher planning days around that time. The middle of the week shouldn't be very crowded.

Debbie

I have been several times in October and the crowds are O.K. Each time I have gone in October I have noticed more and more older kids there. And now that I have kids and have spent a good deal of time just standing in line during a summer vacation at DisneyWorld, I have come to the same conclusion that I am going to take my boys out of school for a few days next time we go. Cirque du Soleil is awesome. The shows were fantastic in Las Vegas as well as when they were in Biloxi, Miss. I wish it was a little cooler at that time though. Hope you have a great vacation.
P.S. Keep your fingers crossed for me that my husband and I can sneak away, just the two of us, for our umpteenth honeymoon. However October 15th may be our anniversary, but Nascar will be in Talledaga on October 21. Honeymoon will probably lose!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom