My Unpopular WDW Opinion - post yours!

Spike-in-Berlin

LOL this is fun!

Why oh why is tomorrowland speedway still there ?? lol

Ditto for Primeval Hurl!

You misunderstood the purpose of this thread I believe, it is about UNPOPULAR opinions.:D I don't consider the question why we still have to live with this heavily outdated loud and annoying eyesore unpopular.

DancingPhoenix

Hmmm, a few of mine were already said.

- There is far too much Star Wars.
- Toy Story had good movies but as park theming I'm not a fan.
- I hated Alien Encounter.
- I'm glad GotG is replacing Ellen.
- Some of the older princesses need more love/meet and greets.
- Too much Pixar, not enough classic animation in the parks.
- Spectomagic was only okay, but I ADORE MSEP.
- DHS used to be my favorite park...
- I love Imagination, even the current version.

disneyworlddad

Since I can't afford a Deluxe Resort, my favorite place to stay now has become Pop Century. Not much walking, and the price is within my budget. I never cared for the moderates, and I've stayed at all of them except French Quarter. Way too much walking.

You should give French Quarter a try, so much smaller than the other mods. We love it!

crxbrett

I loved Spectro-Magic way more than the MSEP at the MK.
I love the smell and sounds of the TL Speedway. Especially at night after I get off Space Mtn or am riding the PM!
I love the Astro Orbitor. Even more so at night.
Buzz Lightyear sucks at WDW (DL's is 1000x better)
I actually like riding the DW buses. lol

tired_photog

Hmmm, a few of mine were already said.

- There is far too much Star Wars.
- Toy Story had good movies but as park theming I'm not a fan.
- I hated Alien Encounter.
- I'm glad GotG is replacing Ellen.
- Some of the older princesses need more love/meet and greets.
- Too much Pixar, not enough classic animation in the parks.
- Spectomagic was only okay, but I ADORE MSEP.
- DHS used to be my favorite park...
- I love Imagination, even the current version.
I agree with you about Imagination. I think it's one of the most underrated rides at WDW. Never rode the original version, maybe that's why I'm in the minority on that one.

Amidala

Value Resorts should be scrapped. I hate their look and lack of pool slide.

I agree completely (w/ the exception of AoA, which sets an encouraging precedent.) I understand that as a business, WDW wants to give guests a reason to stay at higher tier resorts by making more affordable resorts less appealing. But they've taken this so far that staying at the Value Resorts just...feels miserable, and makes you acutely aware that you're all being corralled here because you don't have the money to spare. Obviously I don't think the same amount of money should be spent on Value Resorts as on lower priced hotels, but guests with a lower price tag should still be able to feel that they're staying at a themed Disney resort. There should be a level of excitement, not just for children but for adults as well.

Some opinions:

I'm excited for GE and enjoy Star Tours immensely (Launch Bay is obviously not worth the time) and the franchise feels appropriate to DHS. What I don't want anywhere near WDW is Marvel. I'm relieved that (at least for now) Captain America/Iron Man/Spider-Man won't be making an appearance on the East Coast. I don't think MCU properties fit the park at all, and am dreading GOTG in Epcot. (And this is all coming from a long-time fan of Marvel comics).

I also love the thunderstorms and sudden torrential downpour (except during Food & Wine), and I love the way the parks look and feel when it's raining.

Tomorrowland is my least favorite land at MK right now. Space Mountain isn't thrilling at all, it just jerks you around in the dark for way too long. SGE is awful, as is the speedway. Laugh Floor and Space-Ranger Spin are both okay, but not enough to be a draw on their own, and I may be in the minority here but I have no interest in Carousel of Progress whatsoever. The Tron Coaster is a step in the right direction, but it needs much more TLC IMO.

I'm excited for the Mickey ride, and have made my peace with GMR closing.

I would be fine with putting off as many future attractions as necessary to get a nighttime parade ahead of schedule–for me, that's one of the most important things for MK to have.

_caleb

Get ready to throw some ripe fruit: My most unpopular WDW opinion would be that I don't see the appeal of Future World.

I LOVE World Showcase–the immersion, the exposure to culture and art–but the rest of the park just seems to be low-quality. Maybe it's the minimal amount of theming. A lot of attractions seem low-budget and poorly maintained. So much of it feels VERY dated. Other than nostalgia, I really don't get the appeal.

I know many of you grew up going to Epcot and love it. Though I grew up on the West Coast, I did visit Epcot Center in 1989. I get the whole "permanent worlds fair" and "edutainment" concept, and it seems like a great idea. But just as we've seen in Tomorrowland, it can be tough to keep up with the future.

Don't get me wrong, I really WANT to "get it." Maybe some of you can help me? What's so great about Epcot?

Ali Mouse

I don't think any of the water parks are worth my precious Disney time! We usually go for 7 days and we have a hard time squeezing them in.
Of course I live at Schlitterbahn in Texas all summer long!

KBLovedDisney

What's so great about Epcot?
Well, it WAS great and IMO it is still good but not exactly great.

Before, the park was kept up very well, especially Future World. The rides looked great. There were immersive things that kept people "edutained" (referring to Innoventions especially when it was in its heyday). But we have lost a few good rides (Horizons for one) that were amazing to see in person. The only ride there now that has that "It's Epcot" feel anymore really is IMHO Spaceship Earth.

I think when TDC started to let Future World slowly die is when it started to lose a great amount of appeal.

bh_trade

The Star Wars overhype completely bores me. They should never have planned to expand further beyond the existing ride.

Perhaps its over-hyped, but your 2nd sentence is definitely an unpopular opinion!

Right now, theming-wise, Pandora is the only thing even capable of competing w WWHP. Pandora (the movie) borderline sucked and the Harry Potter series imo was meh. On the other hand, Star Wars were all decent, the original trio being legendary and has a MASSIVE fan base. I'm excited about what that land will look like when it opens but do think the crowds will make it nearly unbearable for the 1st several months at least.

Rinx

I actually really enjoyed The Enchanted Tiki Room: Under New Management more than the original.

If characters disappeared from the parks it wouldn't matter to me at all.

I don't care about the new Star Wars land. Sure, I'll go see it the first time I'm there when it's open but I'm not excitedly anticipating its opening.

The 'Wishes' song annoyed me. Glad it's gone!

_caleb

Well, it WAS great and IMO it is still good but not exactly great.

Before, the park was kept up very well, especially Future World. The rides looked great. There were immersive things that kept people "edutained" (referring to Innoventions especially when it was in its heyday). But we have lost a few good rides (Horizons for one) that were amazing to see in person. The only ride there now that has that "It's Epcot" feel anymore really is IMHO Spaceship Earth.

I think when TDC started to let Future World slowly die is when it started to lose a great amount of appeal.
Thanks for not being offended by my Unpopular Opinion!

I figured most Epcot uber-fans remembered better days. I'm looking forward to all the changes that are coming.

EpcotMark

I hate:
~Too much security - tired of people rummaging through my purse or being
waved at with the wand or touched by goofy guards
~ That security is now junking up hotels
~The elimination of dark rides
~The lack of imagineering the last few decades
~Bad smoking areas
~The permanent stages in MK (. Ant walk through the castle) and Epcot and HS
too, I think
~The junking up of the Main Concourse in the Contemporary
~The Judy Densch narration on Spaceship Earth
~ The elimination of the Osbourne Family Spectacle of Lights
~The incredibly high food prices for very mediocre food
~Kids being allowed to sit at bars; in general I hate the lack of adult space
~That there's not a new country in Epcot
~ The building of too many resort accommodations and the subsequent
overcrowding it causes in the underdeveloped entertainment areas
~Bad merchandising
~The homogenization of said merchandise
~That Tomorrowland is not at all futuristic
~That all entertainment seems to be loud and in your face and geared toward
the average 12 year old
~Fast passes. Everybody just wait in line. If they are too long, then address
THAT problem.
~ Double strollers ( or any ) on the monorail. We used to have to fold strollers and hold
kids back in the day, when the parks had a quiet dignity
~Starbucks overpriced swill in the parks
~Character meet and greets - what happened to characters roaming around, esp. in front
of the MK. Oh yeah, that's right - overcrowding!
Ok, let's face the fact that I could do this forever! But I love going to Disney and remembering how great it used to be!

I agree with all of this.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom