My Unpopular WDW Opinion - post yours!

World_Showcase_Lover007

I disklike Stars Wars and Marvel. I also dislike that Disney puts these characters on par with classic characters like Mickey and the gang by treating them like they have been in the Disney family since the beginning. I understand that SW and Marvel are huge money makers, but I have no idea why. They do nothing for me.

wdwjmp239

Hahaha! Ok! I'll play!

I don't see what all the rage is about Dole Whips! It's a frozen pineapple, people! Jeesh! ;)

Goofy's Barnstormer Ride - wait in line for 40 minutes for a ride that lasts 30 seconds.

Test Track - I can get cheaper thrills racing my car up and down the Florida Turnpike a few times (plus, the added thrill of Florida Highway Patrol chasing me just next levels that experience)

Frozen at Norway - They just need to defrost this attraction and "Let It Go" ;)

LOL!

Amidala

This looks fun!

I see the appeal of the Disney Springs expansion, but being there doesn't feel "magical" to me. I wish they'd focused on bringing good table-service restaurants to parks in need (Magic Kingdom!) instead.

Space Mountain has a cool facade and queue but it's just a glorified wild mouse coaster–and way too bumpy and slow.

The hatred of Frozen Ever After seems like a huge overreaction to me. It's not worth the ridiculous wait times, but it's an enjoyable ride (with very cool animatronics) and Maelstrom was past its prime.

I haven't been back to WDW since January and I'm really dreading seeing Happily Ever After. Everyone keeps insisting this is the best fireworks show WDW has ever had, but Wishes was my favorite thing to do in the parks, full stop. I don't think castle projections belong in a fireworks show to such a big extent (if anything, they could have worked on polishing or replacing Once Upon a Time, which paled in comparison to Celebrate the Magic) and it feels cluttered and over-the-top where Wishes was understated and elegant. Honestly when it comes to fireworks shows, sometimes less is more.

Daveeeeed

I think Orlando's Space Ranger Spin is super overrated. I love Disneyland's though!!!

I love Toy Story Midway Mania! Although this is not that unpopular with the majority of crowds.

I think The PeopleMover is outstanding, albeit in need of an update.

Stitch's Great Escape is a shell of its former self, but it is underrated.

Last edited:

DVC4bestvacations

I hate the late day crowds at DS!

I'll stick to mornings and Wolfgang Puck Express for breakfast. They have the best breakfast sandwiches!

Early afternoon Margaritas are an important staple also!

The Earl of Sandwich is just OK

mdubm

You must've come during the "Dapper Days" fan event. I thought about joining in, but I'm not sure what to wear or if I even have anything appropriate to fit the term "dapper". I usually dress like you.
No, it was the beginning of June (first week). It doesn't seem to matter what time of year I go, I see people who dress up. Props to them for being able to do it, but I just can't and I don't understand how they do and stay comfortable.

KBLovedDisney

I totally agree, I know it's a person under there and it creeps me out when they try to interact with me. I especially dislike character dining. I used to love going to Akershus before they turned it into princess wonderland. I haven't been there in years as a result. Same with garden grill.
I am that way too, especially at the Garden Grill. You put a spoonful of food in your mouth, and here comes a character wanting to interact. Thus, you need to chew your food as fast as you can so you can interact and have a picture taken...Even as a kid, it made eating there so uncomfortable and less enjoyable. I really enjoyed the restaurant because it turned constantly. I thought that was cool.

Andrew M

Definitely didn't care about meeting characters until we had kids, now of course its a huge deal.

Okay, so for me..

Would love Food & Wine to be a permanent installation at Epcot

The Tiki Room Under New Managment with the Don Rickles & Phil Hartman intro was awesome and so much better than the original.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom