My trip to Busch Gardens

SOLISIMO

Original Poster
Well went on a two day trip over to Busch Gardens. It has been 15 years since I have been there. Long story short, I will NEVER go there again. The people they have working there seem like they are straight out of prison. All very rude and not excited about their job. I felt like I was in a ghetto carnival. The park opened at 9:00am and many of the rides we went to werent even operating because they were not ready. Their "4d" pirate adventure seemed like I was watching a naked gun 33 1/2 movie (horrible) the only ride that they had going for them was rhino rally which was great. Even the beer was the same price as Disney's and they make it.

We go to Disney atleast 3 to 4 times a year and get used to it. I am glad that I was able to experience such a horrible atmosphere at Busch Gardens and appreciate what I and all of us have and the tradition to such a wonderful place.

PS: Their water park looked like a city water park, and both parks are sooo close to the main roads that you can hear police sirens and cars racing up and down killing the atmosphere. NEVER AGAIN:cry:

discomouse131

Well went on a two day trip over to Busch Gardens. It has been 15 years since I have been there. Long story short, I will NEVER go there again. The people they have working there seem like they are straight out of prison. All very rude and not excited about their job. I felt like I was in a ghetto carnival. The park opened at 9:00am and many of the rides we went to werent even operating because they were not ready. Their "4d" pirate adventure seemed like I was watching a naked gun 33 1/2 movie (horrible) the only ride that they had going for them was rhino rally which was great. Even the beer was the same price as Disney's and they make it.

We go to Disney atleast 3 to 4 times a year and get used to it. I am glad that I was able to experience such a horrible atmosphere at Busch Gardens and appreciate what I and all of us have and the tradition to such a wonderful place.

PS: Their water park looked like a city water park, and both parks are sooo close to the main roads that you can hear police sirens and cars racing up and down killing the atmosphere. NEVER AGAIN:cry:

Try Busch Gardens in Williamsburg, VA....it's 100x better and the atmosphere is excellent!! Great rides! Great shows! Great park! Nothing like spending a day touring Europe! :D

MissM

Put it this way... you can get a FL resident annual pass to Busch Gardens for the price of a one-day ticket. Sometimes you do get what you pay for.

It's very ghetto compared to WDW. You quickly realize you're not in Kansas anymore comparatively!
-m

DisneyWood

Try Busch Gardens in Williamsburg, VA....it's 100x better and the atmosphere is excellent!! Great rides! Great shows! Great park! Nothing like spending a day touring Europe! :D

I actually saw a special on this park on the travel channel. It looked pretty decent. We may end up going there in the future, but it would take away from WDW :cry: .

sknydave

I enjoy Busch Gardens. I don't feel the need to compare every place I ever visit to WDW, I just enjoy what it has to offer.

The Pirates 4D show is spectacularly crappy. I remember sitting in there wondering if some guy was going to jump out and say JUST KIDDING! Here's the real show!

Lee

Adventurer
I enjoyed my day at Busch.
Sure, it's not Disney, but...
-Rhino Rally is very cool. K. Safaris could take a tip or two from it, imho.
-Sheikra. Very nice. Need to get up there again now that they took the floors out.
-Montu. Loved it.
-Kumba. Kicked my butt. I think the brakes were off....:dazzle:
-Gwazi. Not bad.

Did the tour thing where you get to feed giraffes. Very nice. AK needs some interaction like that.

hrcollectibles

Hey first of all its 33 1/3.... The water park looks like a city park because its in a city...lol.. Both Busch parks have ZERO magic... I do have an ap to both parks and Universal..(the reason being they have flex pay options and I go to orlando once a month to visit Friends).. and next month I am Upgrading my Florida Resident Play pass to an ap for WDW :) Of course I am not a coaster fan so Busche gardens doesn't offer me much.. although the Hospitality tents :) mmm mmm

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I`ve gone to BGT each vsisit since 1987, and have our tickets already for this October. The reason? The rides. Not the atmosphere, just the attractions. Pretty much what Lee said above; plus we missed Rhino Rally last time and Sheikra is new to us (having ridden the Alton Towers original we can`t wait)

Plus coming 4000 miles it`d be rude not to spend a day there. We`ll be back in Orlando for Fantsamic! or Wishes mind :D

Try a day in Blackpool on a wet Saturday. THAT is horrible.

raven

I fail to see why a trip report about another theame park is placed in the "WDW General Discussion" area of the boards. :veryconfu

TowerOfTerror

If we compared Disney theme parks to every other park in the world, you would wind up being disappointed every time. I for one enjoy visiting other theme parks around the country because they all have something different to offer than one another. Sure Busch Gardens does not have the magic or pleasant employees but it does have a great collection of coasters for the adrenaline junkies.

primetime52

The only reason why I ever go to Busch Gardens is to Ride Sheikra. The rest of that park is worthless IMO. I agree with every point you made.

I'm not saying that Kumba and Montu are bad coasters, but I can ride similar coasters over at Islands of Adventure and have a much better time at that park.

Sheikra is the only ride they have over at BG that is totally original (in Florida at least). I loooove Sheikra, I just wish they could move the entire ride over to WDW or IOA so that I don't have to go to BG just to ride it.

sbkline

I love Busch Gardens and I really hope to spend a day there next year if/when we do our next Disney trip.

Sure, it lacks many things Disney has, but does everything have to be compared to Disney?

Disney is an entire vacation destination. It is geared towards those who plan to unpack the suitcase and stay several days. Busch Gardens is simply geared towards those who pull their car in that morning and plan to drive away that night.

drdoom1001

I'm also in the group who don't understand why you must compare Busch to Disney.Yeah we all know Disney is in a class by itself but I enjoy myself every time I go to Busch Gardens in Tampa.I know it's in the middle of a city but overall it's a great park with great coasters and beautiful landscaping.The other Busch park in Williamsburg has been voted most beautiful park for like 16 years in a row and is in a more woody,hilly terrain with lots of trees and awesome European theming,but believe me that even the Tampa park is a notch above other park chains out there!!Also the Tampa waterpark Adventure Island when you see it from outside doesn't look that great but when you go in it's actually really nice,lots of trees and decent rides,nothing incredible but overall it's pretty good.I have my Busch platinum pass that gets me in all the Busch,Sea World parks and waterparks and from what I hear Aquatica will be included in the platinum and stacked up against my Disney and Universal annual passes,taking in discounts, free entrances to Howl-O-Scream for the first couple of nights for what I pay, the Busch is the best deal of all of them!!

SOLISIMO

Original Poster
We went with our 10 year old neighbor and his family. When you tell him Busch Gardens he automatically thinks theme park so how can you not compare the two:shrug: . I understand that its two different parks but when a child goes to get an airbrushed tattoo and the two delinquents that are working at the tent are arguing over who is going to do it, there is a problem. Then while the female is airbrushing , the other "gentleman" in the tent yells out to another worker walking by "wheres my money". I just feel that they should try to make the time spent there more worthwhile for the younger kids and not make it look like its a 9-5 job.

Another thing that killed my was the sponsorship adds plasterd all over the rhino rally cars, they looked like nascars.

palmage

Put it this way... you can get a FL resident annual pass to Busch Gardens for the price of a one-day ticket. Sometimes you do get what you pay for.

It's very ghetto compared to WDW. You quickly realize you're not in Kansas anymore comparatively!
-m

In general the guests don't seem to be Disney type people either.
It's because you get what you pay for, these aren't the kind of people who shell out thousands for a disney trip.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom