my thought

minnie85

Original Poster
i was just thinking of this the other day:
what would happen if all the rides in the MK that werent from a WD movie were taken out and replaced by ones that had their own movies?
example, take out the HM and replace it with a attraction themed of the new movie atlantis.

that would keep the same # of rides and shows and make the park more . . disneyish.

that would take away many favorites like alien encounter and the speedway but would give other dinesy classics a place in the parks.

my opinion is that it would make the park less popular it the HM and AE were taken out becuase those are more popular than its a small world :)

what do u guys think?

DisneyFreak

What is this?!? What are those funny looking rectangular nets??? Where are the goal posts?? Where are the hash marks??? Where's the pigskin??? I'm so confussed.:confused:

mightyduck

Originally posted by DisneyFreak
What is this?!? What are those funny looking rectangular nets??? Where are the goal posts?? Where are the hash marks??? Where's the pigskin??? I'm so confussed.:confused:
DisneyFreak, I don't get it...

Oh, and there is a HM movie...it's in the kids section at blockbuster...I think it's a fine Steve Guttenberg (sp?) film...

Disneynut

Originally posted by mightyduck

Oh, and there is a HM movie...it's in the kids section at blockbuster...I think it's a fine Steve Guttenberg (sp?) film...

I think the movie you are thinking about is based on ToT.

DisneyFreak

Originally posted by mightyduck

DisneyFreak, I don't get it...

It looks like it could be a football field but it's not.

(I do not like this particular sport which is shown in this picture so I pretend that it doesn't exsist)

(No offence to anyone that does enjoy this sport)

The Mom

Premium Member
Minnie85, I really wouldn't expect too much from this bunch !! ;) Thread drift is a way of life for them! ;)

DisJosh

I think WDI should stick to designing original rides with no movie themes.....all of the best rides are either loosly themed on movies or not based on movies at all.........thats what makes the parks so great.......a movie themed ride here and there is great but keep em in the Dis Studios park. As for Epcot I think movie themed rides should stay away from that park it would ruin the uniqueness and stray even farther from Walts original idea for that park......Replace Haunted Mansion with an Atlantis ride???!!! Youre kidding right!? i hope so!

dopey

Originally posted by marciahahn
Minnie85, I really wouldn't expect too much from this bunch !! ;) Thread drift is a way of life for them! ;)

sigh. well, marcia, you guilted me into venturing beyond the chit chat area for a change. all these other sections take too much thought.

but i'll try to provide some response for minnie85. it's just such a complicated question for me. alright, i'll stop whining. here's what i think (and i use that word loosely):

are you nuts?!!!! besides the attractions you mentioned, i don't think pirates is based on any particular movie. what, you want to replace it with something like "the great talking llama bombs at the box office, gets beat up by his personal assistant and then goes driving his jet ski recklessly adventure ride"? honey, no. i don't think so.

there. i even stayed on point. proud of me, mom?

Tink

I'm with you, Dopey. People like the rides that are themed around the classics at the MK but I think Disney needs to be judicious (ya see, I did go to college...) about which films they transfer to WDW as a ride/attraction.:)

Dizknee_Phreek

Originally posted by DisJosh
I think WDI should stick to designing original rides with no movie themes.....all of the best rides are either loosly themed on movies or not based on movies at all.........thats what makes the parks so great.......a movie themed ride here and there is great but keep em in the Dis Studios park. As for Epcot I think movie themed rides should stay away from that park it would ruin the uniqueness and stray even farther from Walts original idea for that park......Replace Haunted Mansion with an Atlantis ride???!!! Youre kidding right!? i hope so!

i agree competely! Epcot is NOT a place to promote Disney movies, even though it IS a Disney park. Walt seemingly wanted it that way, and that's how it has always been, to my knowledge. well, that is until they bring in Monsters Inc. into the imagination pavilion. but we'll just have to wait and see how that one goes. we've aready witnessed that if it really sticks, and enough people hate it and complain about it, Disney gets on the ball and changes it! maybe if this version sucks too, and they have to change it again, they'll just give up and put the original in again (i've heard that all the original ride is being kept upstairs...in what USED to be the playground) so we that are dreamfinder fans just need to keep our fingers crossed!!

as for HM being replaced as atlantis? no offense, but that's ridiculous! how on earth would it even fit in with that area? an atlantis themed ride might be cool (never seen the movie, so i'm not sure what it would be like) but NOT where HM is! it'd be better where 20,000 leagues used to be, if anywhere!

dopey

Originally posted by Tink
I think Disney needs to be judicious (ya see, I did go to college...) about which films they transfer to WDW as a ride/attraction.:)

u is a smartie, tink. the jumping off point for attractions shouldn't be the movies; it should be the attraction itself and consideration of new experiences disney can bring to the parks. if a movie theme happens to fit, then more's the better.

mickeyfan

I love all the rides just as they are now!! Especially HM, it is one of my old time favs. They could put something where 20,000 Legues was, such as Atlantis, but leave the rest alone for all us "old timers".:p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom