1. The new WDWMAGIC app for iPhone and iPad is now available on the App Store.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

My Review of the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train

Discussion in 'Fantasyland Expansion' started by Chef Mickey, May 27, 2014.

1. clarabellej

clarabellej Member

So glad to see that someone else is thinking what I was thinking after riding Mine Train.

What a huge let down. I know it is silly, but I was actually angry when I rode this. Thank goodness I did not stand in the extremely long standby line for this.

I could not help but wish it was more like Splash Mountain. You have summed up my thoughts and given such a great explanation as to why it does not work as well as Splash Mountain.

It is not just how short the ride is. I go on PP every year and although the ride is over in a blink, I will continue to do so. Such a lovely ride.

Did not care for Mine Train. Maybe I should give it a second chance. Rode it once. Last year I skipped it.

2. Chef Mickey

Chef Mickey Well-Known Member Original Poster

It lacks length.

3. clarabellej

clarabellej Member

You've hit the nail on the head!

And such a shame too.

It could have been so much better!

4. ProtoProto

ProtoProto Active Member

I always like to wonder what guest reactions were when the Matterhorn opened at Disneyland, or when Tower of Terror opened at Disney's MGM Studios (now Disney's Hollywood Studios and soon to be something else.) I guess what I'm trying to say is that are we looking at something like Seven Dwarves Mine Train as a total failure or is it amongst the classics like Space Mountain or Haunted Mansion? Let's look at it's weaknesses: the attraction is a roller coaster. Take away all the themeing and the amazing animatronics and you got a roller coaster (not a very good roller coaster) at heart. Thats where i truly think this is a major issue with the attraction. To be perfectly honest, this would work so much better as just a slow moving dark ride that's found in similar attractions like Journey of The Little Mermaid and The Many Adventures of Winnie The Pooh.

Strenths: Its theming is immersive. With the addition of the small portion dark ride like part of the ride, this ride is oozing with themeing. You really feel like you're traveling through where the Seven Dwarves live and going to see where they work- in the mines.
    Sure, this isn't Expedition Everest, but we are looking at a new age of Disney Imagineering. A age of technological wonders that can be seen in the animatronics in both this attraction and Frozen Ever After. The best thing is that their is so much more to experience on the horizon: Pandora World of Avatar, Star Wars Land and Toy Story Land. Seven Dwarves Mine Train is becoming a classic over time. Maybe not to us, the old Disney Generation, but the new. I believe we are on the verge of a new Disney renaissance.