~My Restaurant Itinerary~ Feedback needed :)

pinkrose

I haven't read what other posters have said yet so this might be redundant, but based on the 2 places I have been on your list (Liberty Tree and Crystal Palace) I think those are a must and you should leave them. I want to try breakfastaurus personally so I'd leave that too. Boma's I've heard nothing but good and Chef Mickey's sounds like a fun staple breakfast for kids.

H&V I've heard mixed reviews but Akershus, I've heard most don't like the food and also, the characters are mostly princesses and I noticed you had pre-teen boys so not sure if that changes things for you. Personally, we are going to be doing Ahershus for breakfast when we do it. Have fun!

We did this back in Dec. and while the food was just ok, the characters were wonderful. My kids really enjoyed it.

GMAN

Original Poster
We did this back in Dec. and while the food was just ok, the characters were wonderful. My kids really enjoyed it.

I may change Akershus. How is the Garden Grille as an alterantive? i hear it rotates and has character dining as well?? Any reviews??

Also, is Coral Reef a 2 credit for DD? i believe that is in Epcot as well...:wave:

Dagger

I may change Akershus. How is the Garden Grille as an alterantive? i hear it rotates and has character dining as well?? Any reviews??

Also, is Coral Reef a 2 credit for DD? i believe that is in Epcot as well...:wave:

It used to be 2 credits but it's 1 now. We are definitely going to give this a chance when we go (I went in 1999 and it wasn't that great. Service was arrogant and swordfish burger, or something like it, was gross.)

3dwarfs

I took my son(9) and my daughter(8) last year to Boma for dinner and LTT. They enjoyed both. My son wants to do Boma again it was so good. The food at LLT was good, dessert was excellent, and our waiter was wonderful.

pinkrose

I haven't been to Garden Grill yet as the menu doesn't sound that great to me. People seem to like it though.

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Thanks Pinkrose...

Now that you mentionsed "Hotspots" for illuminations....care to share? :p

And i WILL try to change that ressie ASAP...thanks for the heads up...:hammer:

There are a number of good places. First thing to consider is wind direction. You can get it from this website or by standing in World Showcase :rolleyes: Anyway, make sure you are upwind. Other places suggested are good. Check out the circuit during the day as you are visiting. Look for an area that is not obstructed by trees near the beach, ideally that has decent seating. If you don't mind standing, lean on the rocks up the stairs in Canada (near the shops).

grog23

Bomas is great

Bomas is one of our favorite buffets. The lodge is really nice and out back you can look at the animals. This is a great place to relax.
The Garden Grill is good. Chef Mickey is wild.
Another favorite place is the Floridian character breakfast, Alice and Mary Poppins are just great, for any age or gender.
Crystal Palace is a good place also.
Whispering Canyon buffet also might be a fun place for the kids.

You've made a lot of reservations, make sure you don't become a slave to them.

grog

jfries10

Great Stuff!

This has been an excellent thread! I too am going to WDW for the first time (ok, not really, but the last time I was there was about 20 years ago when I was 7 or 8!). I have been having a difficult time with the dining part. It is just my wife and I (we are late 20's), we decided to to the dining plan (still not sure if that is good or bad).

The only two things we for sure were going to make reservations for was the Hoop Dee Doo and Mama Melroses Fantasmic dinner package. My question though, I know Hoop De Doo is a 2 DDP meal, is the Fantasmic package at Mama Melrose 1 or 2?

I appreciate everyones great feedback! I can't wait!!!

Pan

Crystal Palace is a great character dinner-great buffet, and I think the only character meal to meet Pooh. We have enjoyed both Liberty Tree Tavern and Chef Mickey's, but the charcters are about the same at each place with the exception of Mickey being at Chef Mickey's.

You definately won't be finished before Illuminations starts. If your kids really want to meet the princesses, I would suggest doing Askerus at breakfast. A great place to watch Illuminations is to make a reservation at the Rose and Crown in the UK around 7:30-7:45p and try to score a table out on the patio. When you're finishing your meal, Illuminations will be starting. Even if you can't get a table outside, I hear they will let you go out there when the show starts.

I don't think Restaurantsaurus compares to some of the other places you've selected when it comes to atmosphere. Your kids might be "charctered out" by that point in the trip. A relaxing morning with some croissants and coffee might not be a bad way to start your day at AK.

It's not a character meal, but your kids might enjoy Tepinyaka in Japan with the chef cooking/performing right in front of you at the table.

Have a great trip.

jessnic95

Don't forget Le Cellier in Epcot!! You get a lot of food, especially on the DDP. Plus, you can watch the fireworks from right outside (as someone else mentioned)! We enjoyed Crystal Palace and the Pooh characters too! Have Fun!!

GMAN

Original Poster
This has been an excellent thread! I too am going to WDW for the first time (ok, not really, but the last time I was there was about 20 years ago when I was 7 or 8!). I have been having a difficult time with the dining part. It is just my wife and I (we are late 20's), we decided to to the dining plan (still not sure if that is good or bad).

The only two things we for sure were going to make reservations for was the Hoop Dee Doo and Mama Melroses Fantasmic dinner package. My question though, I know Hoop De Doo is a 2 DDP meal, is the Fantasmic package at Mama Melrose 1 or 2?

I appreciate everyones great feedback! I can't wait!!!

Mama Melrose is 1 DDP with the Fantasmic package. Only Brown Derby is 2:sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom