My official Eating and Drinking Around the World itinerary

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Original Poster
The DH and I are spending the entire day at Epcot from opening to EMH in the evening. So we decided to not make any ADR's and just eat and drink around the world.

We plan on grabbing fruit/coffee/bagel at a kiosk in the a.m. where ever we can and then when World Showcase opens, we will begin our tour.

Here is what we have:

Mexico:
Food - La Hacienda de San Angel - Nachos and some apps
Drink - Margarita

Norway:
Food - Kringla Sweet Pretzel with Almonds and School Bread (I don't think I will like this but I feel like we should try it)
Drink - either a glacier shot or beer

China:
Food - potstickers from Lotus Blossom
Drink - mango gingerita or ?

Germany:
Food - a pretzel for me and a brat for DH
Drink - beer

Italy:
Food - from Delizie Italiane, the strawberry gelato sundae thingy
Drink - Bellini

** We also are thinking we might go inside Via Napoli for a pizza. We have read and been told it is better then where you can pick up a slice. **

USA:
Food - funnel cake
drink - beer (American)

Japan: ?????

Morocco:
Food - ????
Drink - Sangria

France:
Food - Crepe
Drink - Grand Marnier Slushie

UK:
Food - fish and chips
Drink - beer (UK) for DH and Cider for me

Canada:
Food - Popcorn Bucket - there really isn't anything else here
Drink - beer (Canadian)

We are totally stumped on food for Morocco. Does anyone know if that is where the baklava comes from?

And we are completely lost in Japan. We don't like sushi.

Please let me know your thoughts/ideas.

Thanks!

disney magic 06

Yes, you are saved! Baklava is from Morocco. The CS meals are good but would be too much for you on top of all your other goodies.

As for Japan, The curry is nice but again, quite a lot. I'm a bit stumped, not sure what snacks they do as we usually have a meal. I'll have a think!

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Yes, they serve Baklava at Morocco, certainly in Restaurant Marrakesh and likely at the Morocco Coffee & Pastries kiosk.

disneygirl76

Original Poster
Yes, you are saved! Baklava is from Morocco. The CS meals are good but would be too much for you on top of all your other goodies.

As for Japan, The curry is nice but again, quite a lot. I'm a bit stumped, not sure what snacks they do as we usually have a meal. I'll have a think!

Thanks! Neither my hubby or I care for curry so that is why its not on the list.

disneygirl76

Original Poster
Never heard of a glacier shot at Norway. I'm keeping my eyes open for one when I'm there next month.

When I posted my original thread about this as I gathered info, someone posted it so I thought we would check it out. However, I have been to the Norway Pavilion loads of times and I have never seen it.

disney magic 06

I knew there was something we liked in Japan, I've remembered. There is a kiosk (which has recently been renovated into more of a hut) where they have fruit flavoured shaved ice, I think it's called Kaki Gori. It is really refreshing on a hot day. They have a few other things too, ice cream and drinks.

disney magic 06

By the way, your list looks amazing. You'll have a brilliant day. Have you tried the canta loopy and the Joy of Tea stand? My daughter and I tried both that and the mango gingerita, I prefered the canta loopy and she prefered the mango.

Can't wait to hear if you make it all the way round!

disneygirl76

Original Poster
By the way, your list looks amazing. You'll have a brilliant day. Have you tried the canta loopy and the Joy of Tea stand? My daughter and I tried both that and the mango gingerita, I prefered the canta loopy and she prefered the mango.

Can't wait to hear if you make it all the way round!

Thanks! From 11 a.m. to midnight - I think we can make it. I hope so anyway! We are also taking photos with a hat and a flag from each country! :)

disneygirl76

Original Poster
I think we have something for all the countries! Of course, it might change but knowing they have baklava in Morrocco and this funky but yummy sno coney think in Japan has completed the list! I think we are just going to get some Japanesse candy from the story and try that.

disneygirl76

Original Poster
Can someone post the guide to food and wine fest? I know we are there 2 weeks early, but i'm curious. :)

minnielaw

Can someone post the guide to food and wine fest? I know we are there 2 weeks early, but i'm curious. :)

The Disney Food blog has the complete list with links to photos of lots of the food and drinks. Someone on WDWmagic also posted a thread with the list and lots of photos.

righttrack

Aquavit shots are in the bakery in Norway. You'll welcome their compactness. That is a very ambitious plan!

My best friend and I did this, you'll find our pictures in the beers around the world thread. Just the drinks, soo filling. It wasn't that we were so drunk, it was that we were soooo full

disneygirl76

Original Poster
I should specify that DH and I split the drink (at most places) so that helps. And we will be here for 13 hours. :)

Vtlsgns2

Awesome! I rarely drink and therefore am far from being a connoisseur of all things alcoholic, but I just loved the Spatlese in Germany. Consider trying it!

Vader2112

The DH and I are spending the entire day at Epcot from opening to EMH in the evening. So we decided to not make any ADR's and just eat and drink around the world.

We plan on grabbing fruit/coffee/bagel at a kiosk in the a.m. where ever we can and then when World Showcase opens, we will begin our tour.

Here is what we have:

Mexico:
Food - La Hacienda de San Angel - Nachos and some apps
Drink - Margarita

Norway:
Food - Kringla Sweet Pretzel with Almonds and School Bread (I don't think I will like this but I feel like we should try it)
Drink - either a glacier shot or beer

China:
Food - potstickers from Lotus Blossom
Drink - mango gingerita or ?

Germany:
Food - a pretzel for me and a brat for DH
Drink - beer

Italy:
Food - from Delizie Italiane, the strawberry gelato sundae thingy
Drink - Bellini

** We also are thinking we might go inside Via Napoli for a pizza. We have read and been told it is better then where you can pick up a slice. **

USA:
Food - funnel cake
drink - beer (American)

Japan: ?????

Morocco:
Food - ????
Drink - Sangria

France:
Food - Crepe
Drink - Grand Marnier Slushie

UK:
Food - fish and chips
Drink - beer (UK) for DH and Cider for me

Canada:
Food - Popcorn Bucket - there really isn't anything else here
Drink - beer (Canadian)

We are totally stumped on food for Morocco. Does anyone know if that is where the baklava comes from?

And we are completely lost in Japan. We don't like sushi.

Please let me know your thoughts/ideas.

Thanks!
Japan, They have a sake bar . Give it a try! Give the SFlavored Shaved Ice a try.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom