My number one tip for visiting Orlando...

Tom Morrow

Original Poster
DO NOT go to any of the Wal-Marts!

Florida isn't actually full of crazy, trashy people like the media will lead you to believe, but rest assured, you will see all of them congregating at any of the Wal-Marts!

I realize this also applies to any Wal-Mart, but around Orlando, its amped to 11. In addition, you will find every tour group there as well as every tacky, classless tourist on a budget vacation.

They are always packed and constantly being stocked due to the crazy amount of customers.

Save yourself the hassle and go to Target. Or if you don't mind spending a little more, any Publix, which are fantastic.

Disney Dawg88

I do this at home as well, you cannot pay me to go to Wal-Mart. The savings, if any, aren't worth going there, I would gladly pay more at Target, Publix, etc.

Dean1953

Writing this the night before the start of "Black Friday" (Thanksgiving night), I am thinking of my neighborhood Walmart, about 8 blocks away. I asked the cashier last week if she had Thanksgiving Day off and she said all the employees had to work Thanksgiving. The reason that I don't like Walmart is the way that they treat their employees; low wages, no benefits, little chance of advancement and mainly part time work ( except when holiday time rolls around, when they expect you to work crazy times and hours). Given the choice of Sam's Club or Cosco, I'll take Cosco, where they treat their employees has their most valuable asset.

R W B

We go to the wal mart off of Turkey Lake(?) first day of each trip and we've never had any issues. Not sure what the problem is.

We also go to wal mart at home too, sure they have interesting people but I don't see the sense in paying more for the same items just because of a few people. I still go to Target and Rouses (local grocery chain) but I don't boycott anywhere.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom