My Number One Tip At PORS.

real mad hatter

Original Poster
Good Morning All..Now I know they are many new guests & members who visit the site and ask all kinds of questions,most which can be answered by the wizards on here,but I often get asked about my favourite tips.Here is my number 1 for Port Orleans River Side..Most first timers read about the huge layout & size of the resort and want to get a building nearest to the food court. ( point taken ) But even if your in AB section,building 14 or 15, unless you get to the food court at the right time,it can be pandemonium ( that's a big word for a Friday morning ) So to my number one tip..For breakfast,get there from 7.00 to 8.00 am..and avoid the crowd..Remember,there's over 2,000 rooms at the resort.Last year I filmed us walking into the food court at 6.50am and there was not one guest to be seen,and that's in July.;)..So what is your resorts favourite tip.?

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Good Morning All..Now I know they are many new guests & members who visit the site and ask all kinds of questions,most which can be answered by the wizards on here,but I often get asked about my favourite tips.Here is my number 1 for Port Orleans River Side..Most first timers read about the huge layout & size of the resort and want to get a building nearest to the food court. ( point taken ) But even if your in AB section,building 14 or 15, unless you get to the food court at the right time,it can be pandemonium ( that's a big word for a Friday morning ) So to my number one tip..For breakfast,get there from 7.00 to 8.00 am..and avoid the crowd..Remember,there's over 2,000 rooms at the resort.Last year I filmed us walking into the food court at 6.50am and there was not one guest to be seen,and that's in July.;)..So what is your resorts favourite tip.?
And so @real mad hatter shoots himself firmly in the foot as when he gets to the food court at 6:50 am on the first day of his most magical 2015 holiday he finds it over-run with screaming bairns and assosiated adults who gladly took his advice :facepalm:

real mad hatter

Original Poster
And so @real mad hatter shoots himself firmly in the foot as when he gets to the food court at 6:50 am on the first day of his most magical 2015 holiday he finds it over-run with screaming bairns and assosiated adults who gladly took his advice :facepalm:
Thankfully I know this wont happen..Why? ..Because who is going to try and get their bairns up at 6.30am for a early breakfast..:p..I'll be heading for the bus depot after brekkie,when the screaming kids are arriving for their brekkie..Anyway,who's gonna believe a mad old like me.;)..

zurgandfriend

At any resort on property if you're up early it's peaceful and you can really enjoy it, I have been telling my DW & DS this for years but they have the we're on vacation let's sleep in frame of mine so I usually get a nice breakfast and quiet time. When we have sit down breakfasts I make the ADR early for just this reason.

NeedMoreMickey

Staying at BC/BCV on the way back from Epcot you can make a right through a gate when you pass the bridge to BW and walk the path between the trees and resort or go past the quiet pool into the resort. Might not be any shorter but this avoids going through the lobby and past the gift shop and avoids the kids wanting to spend money.

real mad hatter

Original Poster
Best resort tip...take some time to explore the resort! Don't just view it as a place to lay your head every night. It's part of the immersive experience that is Walt Disney World. It's part of the "bubble".

@real mad hatter how about some love for POFQ!?
I do.I do..;)...Stayed there in 2006..Apart from the scary masks in the food court. I loved the Main Pool and Dyson,the jazz entertainer,way better than Yee Haw at Riverside..IMHO.:oops:

jkl2000

I would have assumed the food court was crowded between 7-8am with people grabbing some breakfast before heading out for rope drop. I guess more people sleep in a bit than go to rope drop - which I guess is good!

Weather_Lady

Actually, my favorite PORS tip (breakfast related as well) is to eat breakfast in your room and avoid the food court (which is fabulous for meals later in the day) altogether!

We bring dry cereal and lightweight plastic bowls and spoons from home, buy milk at the PORS shop, and have cereal in the room (or granola bars, or Pop tarts, or Emerald "Breakfast on the Go" granola packs). The kids love that they can eat in their jammies, and I love that the whole process takes 10 minutes and gets us out the door in plenty of time to get to rope drop somewhere. While the kids eat, DH often takes our refillable mugs to the food court, to get his morning cola fix.

real mad hatter

Original Poster
Actually, my favorite PORS tip (breakfast related as well) is to eat breakfast in your room and avoid the food court (which is fabulous for meals later in the day) altogether!

We bring dry cereal and lightweight plastic bowls and spoons from home, buy milk at the PORS shop, and have cereal in the room (or granola bars, or Pop tarts, or Emerald "Breakfast on the Go" granola packs). The kids love that they can eat in their jammies, and I love that the whole process takes 10 minutes and gets us out the door in plenty of time to get to rope drop somewhere. While the kids eat, DH often takes our refillable mugs to the food court, to get his morning cola fix.
I had to check you weren't from Scotland..:p..I must admit I love breakfast at the food court,even at 7.30am they are more CM's than tourists..I sit outside ( weather permitting ) next to the big wheel,and relax whilst planning out my day ahead..;)

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
I had to check you weren't from Scotland..:p..I must admit I love breakfast at the food court,even at 7.30am they are more CM's than tourists..I sit outside ( weather permitting ) next to the big wheel,and relax whilst planning out my day ahead..;)
You have time to relax at Disney ... MM+ will soon take care of that :bookworm:

WellFedDave

I do.I do..;)...Stayed there in 2006..Apart from the scary masks in the food court. I loved the Main Pool and Dyson,the jazz entertainer,way better than Yee Haw at Riverside..IMHO.:oops:
Yeah, the Sassagoula Floatworks and Food Factory needs an overhaul about as bad as the Imagination Pavilion and Universe of Energy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom